I haven't been able to enjoy WvW lately.

For a couple of days, WVW has been very slow and I don't understand why, before I could enjoy the game a lot, now the game freezes and takes a long time to respond again. I play PvE and everything goes well, I go to WvW and the game goes very slow. What it could be? This is annoying me now honestly, I literally miss the action because my game freezes during the fights and when the game responds, the action is over. I play in slow settings and game freezes now.

I promise that I'm not trolling here

@Astrolicus.3716 said:For a couple of days, WVW has been very slow and I don't understand why, before I could enjoy the game a lot, now the game freezes and takes a long time to respond again. I play PvE and everything goes well, I go to WvW and the game goes very slow. What it could be? This is annoying me now honestly, I literally miss the action because my game freezes during the fights and when the game responds, the action is over. I play in slow settings and game freezes now.

ping lag.

for me two dns helps. google and cloud flare.

i put mine in 8.8.4.4 and 1.0.0.1

besides that i used tcpip optimizer that helped tweak my setting. so i can max the bandwidth of my comp.

outside of that is server issue, so hope the internet cables underwater are not being bitten by sharks.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Astrolicus.3716 said:For a couple of days, WVW has been very slow and I don't understand why, before I could enjoy the game a lot, now the game freezes and takes a long time to respond again. I play PvE and everything goes well, I go to WvW and the game goes very slow. What it could be? This is annoying me now honestly, I literally miss the action because my game freezes during the fights and when the game responds, the action is over. I play in slow settings and game freezes now.

ping lag.

besides that i used tcpip optimizer that helped tweak my setting. so i can max the bandwidth of my comp.

outside of that is server issue, so hope the internet cables underwater are not being bitten by sharks.

What exactly do you think a DNS server is doing for the game? Considering a DNS server is just a translation service that performs a lookup of a domain name (that is a URL) into a IP address....The game uses IP address, not domain names. And even still, your computer caches resolved domain names for a set amount of time known as TTL. Only once that expires does it even check the DNS server again.

DNS servers have nothing to do with ping, your connection is NOT routed through a DNS server, it is a lookup service ONLY.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

ping lag.

Stealth subs gnarling the cables again most likely.. leave the sharks out of it cos they is sooo pwitty.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

ping lag.

What exactly do you think a DNS server is doing for the game? Considering a DNS server is just a translation service that performs a lookup of a domain name (that is a URL) into a IP address....The game uses IP address, not domain names. And even still, your computer caches resolved domain names for a set amount of time known as TTL. Only once that expires does it even check the DNS server again.

DNS servers have nothing to do with ping, your connection is NOT routed through a DNS server, it is a lookup service ONLY.

=) its the difference between ping 250 and ping 290 for me.

may not affect you if your in us. but i am not and i dont use vpn ><

@Sovereign.1093 said:

ping lag.

No, it's not.

DNS has in no shape or form any impact on your ping times.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

ping lag.

250-290 is hardly a big difference though to be fair. I mean I am in UK and get a 38ms ping but even it jumps up to around 250ms sometimes its not exactly all that noticeable and certainly doesn't cause game stalls or such that your describing.Run a tracert and see if there are any things along your route causing the issue cos if it was an issue ANETs end I am sure the forums would of lit up like a firework display on the 4th July.Only issues I ever get in WvW are on reset nights when the skill lag, that has always been an issue in 3 way mass bust ups around SM, begins to creep in but then within a few hours normality resumes.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

ping lag.

250-290 is hardly a big difference though to be fair. I mean I am in UK and get a 38ms ping but even it jumps up to around 250ms sometimes its not exactly all that noticeable and certainly doesn't cause game stalls or such that your describing.Run a tracert and see if there are any things along your route causing the issue cos if it was an issue ANETs end I am sure the forums would of lit up like a firework display on the 4th July.Only issues I ever get in WvW are on reset nights when the skill lag, that has always been an issue in 3 way mass bust ups around SM, begins to creep in but then within a few hours normality resumes.

ya, this has been happening to me and my guildmates for as long as i remember. =)

before skill lag on sm,.cant skill. but atleast can 111. now, its heavy 10 20 30 or 40s delay. >.<;;

@Sovereign.1093 said:

ping lag.

ya, this has been happening to me and my guildmates for as long as i remember. =)

before skill lag on sm,.cant skill. but atleast can 111. now, its heavy 10 20 30 or 40s delay. >.<;;

That is not ping related, but server load related. SM fights are known for this, once the numbers climb up, big time in 3 way fights in SM, the server has trouble keeping up with all the calculations and you get what is known as skill lag. Everyone experiences this, nor is this anything new. Best thing to do is to move to another map with less people on it.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

ping lag.

That is not ping related, but server load related. SM fights are known for this, once the numbers climb up, big time in 3 way fights in SM, the server has trouble keeping up with all the calculations and you get what is known as skill lag. Everyone experiences this, nor is this anything new. Best thing to do is to move to another map with less people on it.

=) well it affects some players and not others. point being. :/ doesnt help

@Sovereign.1093 said:

ping lag.

Skill lag is nothing to do with your ping... that is simply the result of heavy server load, which has been in www as long as I can remember more so in higher tier matchup and predominantly isolated to reset nights in my own experience.Tbh it used to be alot worse. Maybe move out of the zerg and roam or camp flip while and you will likely see a difference.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

ping lag.

Nothing is going to be done about it. Part of the problem being backend coding in how it handles combat and damage, next is the ever growing amount of aoe/condi spam, as the more people something hits the more calculations etc have to be done. And last is how much dedicated server time anet is willing to pay for from AWS servers, as guild wars no longer has or hosts it's own servers, it is all handled by AWS now.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

ping lag.

No it will likely be affecting everyone involved. Its just something that happens for a while in heavy fights and players have kind of learned to just get on with it until it drops back to normal as numbers diminish on the map

I have been getting this ping issues in wvw just few hours ago, usually my ping is 220, but now it jumps to 350 in wvw and sometimes starts dancing too, in pve it is fine and well.

I have they don't take time to fix this, because all I do is kinda wvw ><

Okay so I tried to change border, blue border is laggy for me, red is laggy, EB and green border are fine.

And it is not numbers related issue obviously =p

The issue got solved for me, hope it got fixed for others too.