One-hit dismount without knockdown penalty

Tao.5096

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Wrong! A ton of threads when war claw was first added were people saying how they loved warclaw cuz it allowed them to get back to zergs safety and gave them control of when to fight or not fight during their travels between their main camp and their zerg and the position who roamed or hunted down players en route to their zerg got that whole playstyle yanked from them.

Before the Warclaw, roamers had "control of when to fight or not fight during their travels" = GOOD, iz PVPAfter the Warclaw, every player has "control of when to fight or not fight during their travels" = BAD, iz PVE

After all these months, I still laugh at how this hypocrisy just goes /whoosh over their heads.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the mounts are wrong in many ways..

i mean certain times i make a mistake but i happend to be on my mount which lets me get away with my mistake.for example im running around careless not even checking whats behind a broken wall but it doesnt matter i have got 3 dodges and im million time faster then most of them unmounted people.

when im a ranger caught me in the open he should be killing me there but the mount give me the advantage to dodge his nr2 skill and hide behind object forcing him to come closer i would have never made it to this object or even get away from him. (yes i know rangers can easily dismount but its not that hard to make ranger fail when u know what hes gonna do to dismount u)

or vs insane burst revs make them use half their burst on ur triple dodge mount and just stun break when they did manage to kick u off else just dismount ur self and start fight in ur advantage already.

there is nothing in this mount that is actually doing any good in WvW.

personally i dont care if ur a roamer or a blob player or a ganker.all of em have a job in WvW roamers do their own thing and in generally leave u alone unless u just provoke themgankers prevent all u silly grave runners to get back to your commander so easyand blobbers do their PPT stuff.

if u look at it closely all off em help each other 1 way or another.but warclaw in this case is only helping one of the 3 playstyles, so ye if its up to me u can remove or nerf mount to the point that its a risk to ride it.u wanna be quick deal with fact that if u get caught ur gonna die quick also.

also the insta stomp is retarded, i dont mind the insta dead event but the stomp is pissing me off from time to time when u had a good fight but ur buddy is already bleeding out and u manage to down all ur enemies so u go get ur buddy up else he will rally one of them and some tool comes out of nowhere to insta stomp ur buddy..

ye amazing while u would have ressed him and take the tool down also nope the mount flipped the whole fight around.no i dont like mount at all its useless add to WvW unless its only for desert border which is way to freaking huge and not even fun to play on id say i could understand but on blue and green border and EB its to fast to belong there.

@Voltekka.2375 said:Honestly, where is even the remotest semblance of fun in killing people over and over when they cant even fight back?I often think about this with regards to stacked servers, organised guilds fighting pugs, servers that outnumber opponents whether it be the whole map, smallscale etc it happens everywhere but on a different scale. I think people just concentrated it more towards roamers or what not because it felt more at a personal level, but they are all the same things just in a microcosm

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Honestly, where is even the remotest semblance of fun in killing people over and over when they cant even fight back?I often think about this with regards to stacked servers, organised guilds fighting pugs, servers that outnumber opponents whether it be the whole map, smallscale etc it happens everywhere but on a different scale. I think people just concentrated it more towards roamers or what not because it felt more at a personal level, but they are all the same things just in a microcosm

I couldnt agree more, really. How is it any fun when one server steamrolls pugs over and over? How is it fun to kill the same poor zerk fella who cant put up resistance? No challenge, in a challenging mode. "Fun".

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Wrong! A ton of threads when war claw was first added were people saying how they loved warclaw cuz it allowed them to get back to zergs safety and gave them control of when to fight or not fight during their travels between their main camp and their zerg and the position who roamed or hunted down players en route to their zerg got that whole playstyle yanked from them. For the longest time u see mounted players run around d each other knowing that they're relatively safe on their mount lmao that never happened before atleast not nearly as often unless players were just chilling. There used to be a sense of danger/risk in wvw as soon as u left ur main camp and especially when u were in enemy territory but that's gone entirely now due to mounts and it's sad. The addition of mounts really did single handedly make wvw feel like a 50% pve and 50% pvp mode

Saying i'm glad it's easier to get to the zerg is diff then crying you get killed in wvw. Hasn't changed anything except the players who thought "roaming" was tap enemy keep and pick off players on my perma stealth crazy mobile de/teef or a mez or a ranger camping players. That is the only thing gone. That type of ganking. There are more fights and more action now except for that playstyle which wasn't good for the game anyway. Everyone getting to play the way they prefer is better then that newer guy getting killed 4 times before making it to zerg and quitting entirely.

Ur right sayinur glad it's easier to get to zerg is different and I'm not disputing how u feel cuz only u can kno that im saying alot and I mean alot of people were clearly stating the easier to get to zerg part cuz they didnt like being forced to fight if engaged by a roamer etc as if that's not a normal and healthy thing in a pvp mode. Like running around in a fps and saying it's not fair getting run down before getting to ur squad ina a team death match lol. Imagine a battlefield game having something u can run around the battlefield and around the opposite team with little risk,be kinda stupid no?

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@L A T I O N.8923 said:But Lets say you are right, and there's roaming to do. Ive been in countless roaming guilds Both EU (SLAP, QQ and NNJA for example) and NA (SNKY, YUM, ROLL for example)and all those guilds have a big thing in common

The moment you mentioned SNKY as some kind of flex to be proud of your posts lost any and all credibility

OMG i thought the same thing lol. A guildie of mine was in SNKY and told me stories. Loved fighting them as they were typically easy kills. Pretty sure I made friends with one who likes to duel tho.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Wrong! A ton of threads when war claw was first added were people saying how they loved warclaw cuz it allowed them to get back to zergs safety and gave them control of when to fight or not fight during their travels between their main camp and their zerg and the position who roamed or hunted down players en route to their zerg got that whole playstyle yanked from them. For the longest time u see mounted players run around d each other knowing that they're relatively safe on their mount lmao that never happened before atleast not nearly as often unless players were just chilling. There used to be a sense of danger/risk in wvw as soon as u left ur main camp and especially when u were in enemy territory but that's gone entirely now due to mounts and it's sad. The addition of mounts really did single handedly make wvw feel like a 50% pve and 50% pvp mode

Saying i'm glad it's easier to get to the zerg is diff then crying you get killed in wvw. Hasn't changed anything except the players who thought "roaming" was tap enemy keep and pick off players on my perma stealth crazy mobile de/teef or a mez or a ranger camping players. That is the only thing gone. That type of ganking. There are more fights and more action now except for that playstyle which wasn't good for the game anyway. Everyone getting to play the way they prefer is better then that newer guy getting killed 4 times before making it to zerg and quitting entirely.

Ur right sayinur glad it's easier to get to zerg is different and I'm not disputing how u feel cuz only u can kno that im saying alot and I mean alot of people were clearly stating the easier to get to zerg part cuz they didnt like being forced to fight if engaged by a roamer etc as if that's not a normal and healthy thing in a pvp mode. Like running around in a fps and saying it's not fair getting run down before getting to ur squad ina a team death match lol. Imagine a battlefield game having something u can run around the battlefield and around the opposite team with little risk,be kinda stupid no?

It's not quite the same thing, though admittedly I never played Battlefield.

But what we are talking about are players who are built/speced for dueling 1v1 attacking players who are built solely for damage, as they rely on their teammates for support. In almost every situation it isn't even remotely a fair fight (though some professions, like Herald, can fake it pretty well 1v1). Like a zerg staff Ele going up against a roaming Mesmer or Holosmith. Is that a joke? That is just the way this game mode is played. Roamers aren't built for zerging, and zerg players aren't built for roaming.

Now if everyone had to just fight all the time, I'd say it was fine. But that isn't the case. Before when a roamer saw a fight they didn't want, they could evade. Even if they got into a scrap, if things went bad, they could peel off and escape. How many times have I been ambushed only to watch my opponent flee because they couldn't "outskill" me.

I don't play a high mobility profession, so if I commit to a fight, I either win or die. So if I see a problematic profession for me up ahead, say a Mirage or Druid, I might want to consider avoiding a fight I know I'm going to lose...exactly what roamers have always been able to do.

So while I'm sorry that the gankers can't just spend their hours sniping down glass zerg players who never stood a chance, this game shouldn't cater to the low skill players. The actual real roamers are still out there, dueling other roamers and fighting dismounted players. I see them all the time when I'm out doing dailies solo, or just kicking around when no tags are up. They aren't complaining about the Warclaw killing the game for them - they aren't all super happy about it (neither am I for that matter), but they adapted, and that's all.

Eventually the low skilled gankers will move off to other games (and hopefully also the forums) or they will adapt to a different style of game play. Funny thing is, many say that the dismount skill will bring them back. Yeah, you just wait for all the posts about how large squads would dismount a single player while 9 others jump him on the Warclaw. The dismount skill won't solve the problem these low skill gankers have, which is that the game no longer gives them free reign to control engagements like they did before.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@L A T I O N.8923 said:But Lets say you are right, and there's roaming to do. Ive been in countless roaming guilds Both EU (SLAP, QQ and NNJA for example) and NA (SNKY, YUM, ROLL for example)and all those guilds have a big thing in common

The moment you mentioned SNKY as some kind of flex to be proud of your posts lost any and all credibility

OMG i thought the same thing lol. A guildie of mine was in SNKY and told me stories. Loved fighting them as they were typically easy kills. Pretty sure I made friends with one who likes to duel tho.

How cute, shittalking and seeking hostility on a forum

Anyways gg, credits for trying

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Wrong! A ton of threads when war claw was first added were people saying how they loved warclaw cuz it allowed them to get back to zergs safety and gave them control of when to fight or not fight during their travels between their main camp and their zerg and the position who roamed or hunted down players en route to their zerg got that whole playstyle yanked from them. For the longest time u see mounted players run around d each other knowing that they're relatively safe on their mount lmao that never happened before atleast not nearly as often unless players were just chilling. There used to be a sense of danger/risk in wvw as soon as u left ur main camp and especially when u were in enemy territory but that's gone entirely now due to mounts and it's sad. The addition of mounts really did single handedly make wvw feel like a 50% pve and 50% pvp mode

It's not quite the same thing, though admittedly I never played Battlefield.

But what we are talking about are players who are built/speced for dueling 1v1 attacking players who are built solely for damage, as they rely on their teammates for support. In almost every situation it isn't even remotely a fair fight (though some professions, like Herald, can fake it pretty well 1v1). Like a zerg staff Ele going up against a roaming Mesmer or Holosmith. Is that a joke? That is just the way this game mode is played. Roamers aren't built for zerging, and zerg players aren't built for roaming.

Now if everyone had to just fight all the time, I'd say it was fine. But that isn't the case. Before when a roamer saw a fight they didn't want, they could evade. Even if they got into a scrap, if things went bad, they could peel off and escape. How many times have I been ambushed only to watch my opponent flee because they couldn't "outskill" me.

I don't play a high mobility profession, so if I commit to a fight, I either win or die. So if I see a problematic profession for me up ahead, say a Mirage or Druid, I might want to consider avoiding a fight I know I'm going to lose...exactly what roamers have always been able to do.

So while I'm sorry that the gankers can't just spend their hours sniping down glass zerg players who never stood a chance, this game shouldn't cater to the low skill players. The actual real roamers are still out there, dueling other roamers and fighting dismounted players. I see them all the time when I'm out doing dailies solo, or just kicking around when no tags are up. They aren't complaining about the Warclaw killing the game for them - they aren't all super happy about it (neither am I for that matter), but they adapted, and that's all.

Eventually the low skilled gankers will move off to other games (and hopefully also the forums) or they will adapt to a different style of game play. Funny thing is, many say that the dismount skill will bring them back. Yeah, you just wait for all the posts about how large squads would dismount a single player while 9 others jump him on the Warclaw. The dismount skill won't solve the problem these low skill gankers have, which is that the game no longer gives them free reign to control engagements like they did before.

Yeah but just because a ele is built for zerging and not dueling doesnt mean that it should have safe passage to a zerg just like a class build for dueling and not zerging shouldn't be expecting somthing handed to them to make them not get run over by a zerg or to allow it to perform better within the zerg. Peoples builds are their choice. U wanna be good in zergs than the drawback is ur not great at dueling and vice versa. It would be like if all roaming builds or classes generally good at roaming etc but not zergs getting something added to greatly improve their performance to put it on the level of zerg class/builds,I'm sure an uproar would occur shortly after.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:But what we are talking about are players who are built/speced for dueling 1v1 attacking players who are built solely for damage, as they rely on their teammates for support. In almost every situation it isn't even remotely a fair fight (though some professions, like Herald, can fake it pretty well 1v1). Like a zerg staff Ele going up against a roaming Mesmer or Holosmith. Is that a joke? That is just the way this game mode is played. Roamers aren't built for zerging, and zerg players aren't built for roaming.

And?What does stop them from gathering up with couple of other people and run in a group back to the zerg?You know what's the problem?I'll tell you.Those people don't give a flying stick about each other, and that's why they are an easy pick when a wave of 15 people run back to zerg and you snipe someone in the middle.And now they have an utility which allows them to be not sniped, which is funny, because sniping reinforcments is also an important part of strategy.And yes, roamers do contribute heavily to their worlds by snipping coming back players to their zerg.It's not roamer's fault that after downing a staff ele or fb 5 people pass them because they gotta go to dat zerggggg.

And it should be done the other way around - people who are unorganized, who do not support each other should be punished, not the ones who strike those lemmings.

Yea...you know how many roamers are left? Like 1/3rd of what they were 2 years ago.And even 2 years ago it was lower than years before that time.WvW is slowly going into EotM state of years back - just get into the zerg, run to one point, catch it, move to another. Wipe at enemy's zerg, move back, run to one point, catch it, move to another.And as I personally don't care if someone wants to play like that, then I am personally against about disabling other possibilities of playstyle.We had in the past organized people who were building up towers, keeps and camps - now they are gone because it's automated.And partialy it's a good change, but on the long run many people just left the game, because the fun part of building and guarding has been taken away from them.

Because large squads can't dismount a single player and 9 others can't jump on him now...You seem to not really understand that right now the issue is for small scale fights, not for large scale?If 15 people hit a mounted guy now then it makes no difference if that mount has 10k hp or 1 hp - it'll be dismounted in a second anyway.

You keep complaining about some gankers which were minority in roaming community.They spanked your weewee hard apparently that you have to stick that label to anything that would try to limit this "oh, me can get to mah zerg aliv nao".

Here's where the contradiction lies.
There are tons of "roamers" on the forums claiming roaming sucks now that mounts are in WvW.
Are you all on the same server?Since the answer is likely no, why aren't you all fighting each other 1v1 in WvW?

@"SoV.5139" said:Here's where the contradiction lies.

There are tons of "roamers" on the forums claiming roaming sucks now that mounts are in WvW.

Are you all on the same server?Since the answer is likely no, why aren't you all fighting each other 1v1 in WvW?

Some manage to play WvW with a broken mount for 3+months, some dont.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:"Eotm is dead" - - - youre 2 years late, at least"you cant snipe people in zergs from sides" - - they fight dismounted

All this isnt really a QQ about roaming. It is about being unable to gank zerglings running back to the zerg (they couldnt really out up much resistance, being on zerg builds) or the hapless pve fools who were running around in eotm and died faster than the mosquiro npc. Honestly, where is even the remotest semblance of fun in killing people over and over when they cant even fight back? "Roaming has been limited so heavily" NO it hasnt. People run in small groups of 2-3, in roam builds, where you probably cant oneshot gank them like youre used to.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:"Eotm is dead" - - - youre 2 years late, at least"you cant snipe people in zergs from sides" - - they fight dismounted

All this isnt really a QQ about roaming. It is about being unable to gank zerglings running back to the zerg (they couldnt really out up much resistance, being on zerg builds) or the hapless pve fools who were running around in eotm and died faster than the mosquiro npc. Honestly, where is even the remotest semblance of fun in killing people over and over when they cant even fight back? "Roaming has been limited so heavily" NO it hasnt. People run in small groups of 2-3, in roam builds, where you probably cant oneshot gank them like youre used to.

So dwindling reinforcements in an open world PvP environment which is a valid strategy doesn't work anymore, how isn't that not a problem? PvP isn't supposed to be optional in modes like this.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Wrong! A ton of threads when war claw was first added were people saying how they loved warclaw cuz it allowed them to get back to zergs safety and gave them control of when to fight or not fight during their travels between their main camp and their zerg and the position who roamed or hunted down players en route to their zerg got that whole playstyle yanked from them.

Before the Warclaw, roamers had "control of when to fight or not fight during their travels" = GOOD, iz PVPAfter the Warclaw, every player has "control of when to fight or not fight during their travels" = BAD, iz PVE

After all these months, I still laugh at how this hypocrisy just goes /whoosh over their heads.

Everyone had equal chances, being able to change their build to fit their needs, mounts removes this and makes this a one-sided choice. If you choose to not slot mobility then that is a tradeoff.

The current situation promotes passive play and is bad for interactive gameplay.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:"Eotm is dead" - - - youre 2 years late, at least"you cant snipe people in zergs from sides" - - they fight dismounted

kitten bullocks mate, ive seen people run from 1v1 a million time since mount release and tried to asks 'why'Mostly they respond with 'youll kill me' or my favoriete 'im not equiped to fight players'

Basicly they want to run around unpunnished and in the middle of their comfort zone in pvp environment and the mounts Let Them do that.

But Lets say you are right, and there's roaming to do. Ive been in countless roaming guilds Both EU (SLAP, QQ and NNJA for example) and NA (SNKY, YUM, ROLL for example)and all those guilds have a big thing in common,They have seen their glorydays and sometimes a few people logging in to play for a few days to find themselves in the following:
  1. They bored of easyness of pof specs and easy to pull off rezzes by scourge and firebrand
  2. They bored of lazy player attitude as mentioned before
  3. They annoyed by the fact they Can pull off equal numbered fights or decent fights in general

Most of those guilds died, or have seen the glorydays and to be fair; the game is rather old that IT was inevitable to see a few people goThe people whom i talked with are rather bored and the 2-3 man squads you talk about here are always in the same settings and running only the 'currently strongest', on top of that they rather pick fights with stragglers then even numbers

Edit: some of the guilds roam havock outsider their raid Times, like ROLL, im talking about that havock...not the raids

I hate to break it to you, bud, but not everyone is interested in 1v1. Mount or no mount.

I Hate to break IT to you, im not always interested in 1v5 but got to swallow IT rather then running away...

Its a pvp environment on which it should be able to happen on Both fronts and not 'OMG a FIGHT WITH A DOLYAK LETS GOOOOOO BOYS''OMG a FIGHT, WITH A PLAYER RUN RUN, LEAVE THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN'

Hate to break it to you again, bud, but not everyone is interested in zerging, not everyone likes pvding, not everyone is into dueling. It may come as a surprise, but people CAN choose what they like and avoid what they dont like. Even in a wvw environment.

Next time when we play in an open world PvP environment, say, a battle royale, please don't shoot me, i don't like fighting players til the last circle.

@spectrito.8513 said:

@"SoV.5139" said:Here's where the contradiction lies.

The contradiction is they all claim to want fights on the forums, but are all mounted up and trolling eachother in game to see if the other guy will blow their kit to dismount them. If they all wanted the fights as claimed, mounts are a non issue.

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:Here's where the contradiction lies.

The contradiction is they all claim to want fights on the forums, but are all mounted up and trolling eachother in game to see if the other guy will blow their kit to dismount them. If they all wanted the fights as claimed, mounts are a non issue.

The contradiction to me is WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN A OPEN WORLD PVP MAP IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO PVP ?

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

The contradiction to me is WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN A OPEN WORLD PVP MAP IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO PVP ?

PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way. A support build running back to its PPT zerg is doing the right thing by avoiding being singled out and ganked, and using the available tools to do so.

There seems to be no shortage of roamers who want to fight it out the way you describe on the forums, so why arent the WvW maps as populated with these players as the forums are? Do these folks not wish to fight others who are set up for the same, and are only mad because they cant gank builds not set up for the same?

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way. A support build running back to its PPT zerg is doing the right thing by avoiding being singled out and ganked, and using the available tools to do so.

There seems to be no shortage of roamers who want to fight it out the way you describe on the forums, so why arent the WvW maps as populated with these players as the forums are? Do these folks not wish to fight others who are set up for the same, and are only mad because they cant gank builds not set up for the same?

EXACTLY

If there are so many roamers upset about not being able to fight mounted players... then why aren't they just fighting each other?

Oh yeah, it's not about fights.

PVP is honestly better for small scale fights. Night and day better. WvW is for large scale, team based, coordinated fights. The fact there's room for havok teams means it's designed fairly well. The intent is for large scale fights. So saying it's a "PVP map" is an ignorant over-simplification.

@juno.1840 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

EXACTLY

If there are so many roamers upset about not being able to fight mounted players... then why aren't they just fighting each other?

PVP is honestly better for small scale fights. Night and day better. WvW is for large scale, team based, coordinated fights. The fact there's room for havok teams means it's designed fairly well. The intent is for large scale fights. So saying it's a "PVP map" is an ignorant over-simplification.

Simplification that is also technically true. PvP isnt better for small scale as I came from PvP a long time ago. I was a hardcore PvP'er and left to try WvW and while it IS night and day, imo its way better from a PvP/dueler perspective as theres no restriction on build diversity (perfect for PvP). WvW is also technically a PvP map, however in a larger scale.

As for intent, unless a dev stated one way or the other, saying what WvW is meant for is being subjective (as there have been many debates with no confirmation)

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:Some manage to play WvW with a broken mount for 3+months, some dont.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

EXACTLY

Simplification that is also technically true. PvP isnt better for small scale as I came from PvP a long time ago. I was a hardcore PvP'er and left to try WvW and while it IS night and day, imo its way better from a PvP/dueler perspective as theres no restriction on build diversity (perfect for PvP). WvW is also technically a PvP map, however in a larger scale.

As for intent, unless a dev stated one way or the other, saying what WvW is meant for is being subjective (as there have been many debates with no confirmation)

Build diversity is not necessarily better for PvP. Players think it's better, but honestly it doesn't mean the quality of the pvp is better. There's a good reason you cannot construct bunker builds in PvP, and the quality of the fights are better for it.

Speaking of quality, why would you say WvW is better from a PvP/dueler perspective? How is that even possible? You cannot guarantee much of anything in WvW resulting in a wildly different experience from fight to fight. PvP is far more constrained, and as a result it's better balanced and less lopsided.

You can play semantics all you want, but it's pretty obvious that WvW is team vs. team, not player vs. player. It's only PvP in the sense that your playing against other "players" but that's the end of it. Everything else is just wishful thinking.

@juno.1840 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

EXACTLY

You mean waiting for 5+ minutes to play with bots and wintraders with a broken MMR ? Yes... Night and day better !

@juno.1840 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

EXACTLY

Build diversity is not necessarily better for PvP. Players think it's better, but honestly it doesn't mean the quality of the pvp is better. There's a good reason you cannot construct bunker builds in PvP, and the quality of the fights are better for it.

Speaking of quality, why would you say WvW is better from a PvP/dueler perspective? How is that even possible? You cannot guarantee much of anything in WvW resulting in a wildly different experience from fight to fight. PvP is far more constrained, and as a result it's better balanced and less lopsided.

You can play semantics all you want, but it's pretty obvious that WvW is team vs. team, not player vs. player. It's only PvP in the sense that your playing against other "players" but that's the end of it. Everything else is just wishful thinking.

Its not a matter of semantics but actuality. The thrill of the fight (from a dueler perspective) is not knowing what you will be up against as it breaks the monotony that PvP's restrictions brings. Its the only true way that you can get better is by going up against everything you can. Learn the true unrestricted strengths and weaknesses that every class/build provides and learn to adapt better than in PvP.

As a PvP'er/WvW commander/havoc/Calvary and solo/duo roamer, I believe I have enough experience to not only make this claim, but to back it up as well with experience. If you dont care for roamers/duelers in WvW that fine, however a true "PvP Experience" is to be able to expect the unexpected.