Will Aurene have children?

Rico.6873

Asking the big questions here!If you never heard of the flowers and bee's story I would suggest you visit another thread plz

With Aurene having glint and just glint or x with someone elseWhat do we know about dragon egg making?Can we expect more eggs?Did Kral came from a egg and where is his/her mother?

Upcoming Easter for dragon eggs hunting Finding event? (Chances are small but I believe)

She's three. So I doubt they'll do a "three and pregnant" storyline. That'd be a bit disconcerning and the only reason to go that route would be for Elder Dragon replacements but there are better potential replacements out there (like Kuunavang, who was put on par to Glint in the past, if nothing else).

ArenaNet repeatedly refused to go into the biological reproduction side of dragons. They never stated whether or not Glint had a partner, and same for Kralkatorrik.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:its too early to that..

I'm really curious is how they will handle the Dragon Ball Z effect now that the commander is a champion of a full Elder Dragon, a creature capable of make even the Gods tremble.

A new, more powerful enemy like they’ve done with DBS.

or they can just hybernate her with a excuse like "to share magic and bring balance she needs to sleep a few years"., so removing the elephant from the room.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@ugrakarma.9416 said:its too early to that..

I'm really curious is how they will handle the Dragon Ball Z effect now that the commander is a champion of a full Elder Dragon, a creature capable of make even the Gods tremble.

A new, more powerful enemy like they’ve done with DBS.

or they can just hybernate her, so removing the elephant from the room.

She probably won’t be a part of the story going into the future other than maybe perhaps being referenced.

Glint had her eggs with no other dragons of her kind, so it stands to reason Aurene can as well. But it won't be in The Commander's lifetime. Glint was hundreds to thousands of years old, and had only recently laid her eggs when the Flameseekers found her lair. We have no evidence of any other offspring of Glint, so it stands to reason she was able to reproduce only that one time.

Granted, Aurene isn't exactly like Glint, but they should be similar enough biologically to extrapolate.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Trise.2865" said:Glint had her eggs with no other dragons of her kind,

We don't rightly know this. We know neither when she laid the eggs, or if there were other crystal dragons before GW1.

(Also, "when the Chosen found her lair" - the Flameseeker was the villain in the prophecy.)

It is true that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. We can never be 100% sure until a statement or evidence comes to light. But considering our historical sources, it's simply not logical that any of them saw dragons like or around Glint without even a passing mention or waxing philosophic.

No mention of other crystal dragons at all from:

• all of the Forgotten history, including modern information needed for tending to Vlast and Aurene (which they screwed up, implying they had no other references);
  • any of the Asura, who were present in the Central Transfer Chamber and would have borne witness to the invasion of Glint's Lair;
  • Durmand the Historian and all of his his students, or any historian or biologist before or since;
  • all of the available Dwarven history, including the Tome of the Rubicon (though that presumably mentioned Kralkatorrik);
  • visitors from Elona, which had no native dragons (thus dragons would have stood out in memory);
  • visitors from Cantha, who studied and sort-of worshiped dragons;
  • anybody in the pseudo-cults built up around Glint and Ascension, specifically around the Shiverpeaks and Amnoon;
  • the Zaishen, who tended to Glint's Lair as part of the Rites of Ascension;
  • all of Krytan history, which knew all about their local Bone Dragons;
  • Kormir and her priesthood, whose entire domain was knowledge and the accumulation and safe distribution thereof;
  • Grenth or Balthazaar, or anyone who visited their domains, which house the souls of the dead... and not just Human souls, either;
  • Glint herself, our friend and ally who loved to share stories;
  • Kralkatorrik, who got awful chatty towards the end, and who specifically created them (including the Shatterers)...

ALL of them only ever talk about Glint (in-context). Like I said, that's an awful lot of very studious people keeping quiet about or flat-out missing massive, flying creatures, directly related to and resembling something they specifically would have studied (or been awestruck by). Still doesn't prove anything, but...

@Trise.2865 said:

@Trise.2865 said:Glint had her eggs with no other dragons of her kind,

We don't rightly know this. We know neither when she laid the eggs, or if there were other crystal dragons before GW1.

(Also, "when the Chosen found her lair" - the Flameseeker was the villain in the prophecy.)

It is true that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. We can never be 100% sure until a statement or evidence comes to light. But considering our historical sources, it's simply not logical that any of them saw dragons like or around Glint without even a passing mention or waxing philosophic.

No mention of other crystal dragons
at all
  • all of the Forgotten history, including modern information needed for tending to Vlast and Aurene (which they screwed up, implying they had no other references);
  • any of the Asura, who were present in the Central Transfer Chamber and would have borne witness to the invasion of Glint's Lair;
  • Durmand the Historian and all of his his students, or any historian or biologist before or since;
  • all of the available Dwarven history, including the Tome of the Rubicon (though that presumably mentioned Kralkatorrik);
  • visitors from Elona, which had no native dragons (thus dragons would have stood out in memory);
  • visitors from Cantha, who studied and sort-of worshiped dragons;
  • anybody in the pseudo-cults built up around Glint and Ascension, specifically around the Shiverpeaks and Amnoon;
  • the Zaishen, who tended to Glint's Lair as part of the Rites of Ascension;
  • all of Krytan history, which knew all about their local Bone Dragons;
  • Kormir and her priesthood, whose entire domain was knowledge and the accumulation and safe distribution thereof;
  • Grenth or Balthazaar, or anyone who visited their domains, which house the souls of the dead... and not just Human souls, either;
  • Glint herself, our friend and ally who loved to share stories;
  • Kralkatorrik, who got awful chatty towards the end, and who specifically created them (including the Shatterers)...

ALL of them only ever talk about Glint (in-context). Like I said, that's an awful lot of very studious people keeping quiet about or flat-out missing massive, flying creatures, directly related to and resembling something they specifically would have studied (or been awestruck by). Still doesn't
prove
anything, but...
  • The Forgotten are hardly forthcoming with information they have. They kept Glint's origins secret, told no one but the Exalted about the Elder Dragons and Glint's eggs or the legacy plan. Them not making mention of something that could have happened even before they purified Glaust is far from unusual.
  • They wouldn't know jack about Glint. The gate only connected to Glint's Lair after the destroyers overran the Central Transfer Chamber - it was only the stone dwarves who knew.
  • The story has repeatedly shown that the Priory don't have all that much knowledge on the Elder Dragons, let alone their lineages. Most knowledge the Priory now has is either from the Exalted or from the Tome of the Five True Gods. And both cases are subject to not sharing info.
  • The Tome of the Rubicon was mentioned to have been repeatedly rewritten in the core game, and primarily talked about the Great Destroyer rather than the Elder Dragons. From what we've been told, it seems most dwarven records only talked about the Elder Dragons' names and how their minions appear.
  • And why would Elonian humans know anything about Glint's history when Tyrians - who were closer to Glint - didn't?
  • Same for Cantha, but even more stressed, given that the dragons of Cantha are lesser dragons that are unrelated to the Elder Dragons.
  • The only such cults being the Brotherhood of the Dragon and the Zephyrites, and we learned that the Zephyrites themselves were excluded of critical knowledge except their leadership, who kept it secret, and the Brotherhood seemed to be the same.
  • The Zaishen had nothing to do with Glint's lair, nor Glint herself.
  • The Bone Dragons were actually buried in Orr before Vizier Khilbron rose them (exception of Rotscale), and hold no (known) relation to the Elder Dragons. So why would the lineage and reproduction of Elder Dragons be documented in any study of excavated dragon bones?
  • Being the God of Knowledge does not necessarily make one omniscient. We still don't know all that much about the gods' control of their domain and what it means to proclaim that Kormir would know everything. We're talking about a subject that primarily exists pre-God timeframe on Tyria, after all.
  • Why would the knowledge of the lineage of Elder Dragons be hidden away in the Underworld or Fissure of Woe? Why would Grenth or Balthazar or their servants know of Glint's lineage and reproduction methods?
  • Glint actually didn't love to share stories. She outright lied about her origins, proclaiming for thousands of years that she was created by the Six Gods.
  • Kralkatorrik might have been talking, but he only talked about current events. The Shatterer is not flesh and blood, but made out of corrupted land and air - they're freakin hollow after all. They're not like Aurene, Vlast, and Glint; they're not living beings.

There were literally only three groups of people in your list that would have that knowledge: Forgotten, Brotherhood of the Dragon, and Glint. Maybe the gods, in their study of things. And all four are known to be liars (in Glint's case) and/or omitters.

you really need to look back to the development of GW1 back in the days, they were really connected and the narrative team had been coming up with new staff and then try to work their way back to join the dots; it was only when they decided they are scrapping expansion 3 for GW2 they threw in this concept of Elder Dragons, hence there's a lot of holes and conflicting storylines...

if you look back to the old days of Tyria, Glint was introduced as the caretaker to the world for the gods, but that pretty much went out the window...

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

• Glint actually didn't love to share stories. She outright lied about her origins, proclaiming for thousands of years that she was created by the Six Gods.

hence your correct statement should be 'the narrative team decided to change it' rather than twisting the truth behind the inconsistenciesPS: you seem to really like to use the phrase 'outright lied about', i see it in almost every lore thread you replied on

• Kralkatorrik might have been talking, but he only talked about current events. The Shatterer is not flesh and blood, but made out of corrupted land and air - they're freakin hollow after all. They're not like Aurene, Vlast, and Glint; they're not living beings.

pretty much what i commented on at another thread about the types of dragon champions, either by birth like Glint and the Pale Mother, by corruption like Branded, Icebrood, Modrem Wyvern, or by creation through magic Risen, Shatterer

the world of biology is a complex one, regularly we think about a being can only be created if there's a mother and father, but take bees for exampleyes, they do mate (the male drone is killed pretty much immediately after mating with the queen bee, which only lasts for like 5 seconds, and i'm not even going to explain what it implies withe next section of my sentence), but the unfertilised eggs can actually turn into male drones, so there's actually no need for a male counterparthttps://www.perfectbee.com/learn-about-bees/the-science-of-bees/honey-bees-reproduce

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

• Being the God of Knowledge does not necessarily make one omniscient. We still don't know all that much about the gods' control of their domain and what it means to proclaim that Kormir would know everything. We're talking about a subject that primarily exists pre-God timeframe on Tyria, after all.

Just to add to this: I remember in Facing the Truth when exploring the Sanctum that it's stated adding to the library and recording new knowledge is a neverending process. While not stated explicitly, I took this to mean that Kormir's knowledge is most likely capped by what we the people of Tyria know. In essence, it seems like the Domain works in such a way she cannot know something we or the other gods do not know.

Just to point out, GW1 was heavily human centric in lore and backstories.

Much of it can literally be placed as "As told by humans" and makes perfect sense. Glint is extremely old, since well before the last dragonrise. It's described/implied that even after being cleansed of Kralk's control, she was still not helpful to the "mortal races" for a long while, then turned to helping them survive the elder dragons.

@crepuscular.9047 said:you really need to look back to the development of GW1 back in the days, they were really connected and the narrative team had been coming up with new staff and then try to work their way back to join the dots; it was only when they decided they are scrapping expansion 3 for GW2 they threw in this concept of Elder Dragons, hence there's a lot of holes and conflicting storylines...

That's true, but at the same time, until development of GW2, they never revisited old plotlines. It's hard to say how contradictory things would have been if they focused on expansions throughout GW1 rather than GW2, with the same writers and love of the lore.

• Glint actually didn't love to share stories. She outright lied about her origins, proclaiming for thousands of years that she was created by the Six Gods.hence your correct statement should be 'the narrative team decided to change it' rather than twisting the truth behind the inconsistenciesPS: you seem to really like to use the phrase 'outright lied about', i see it in almost every lore thread you replied on

The writers do "decide to change it", I don't deny it. The reason why I use "outright lied about" a lot (I am pretty sure you're grossly exaggerating how often I use it though) is because when ArenaNet "decides to change" lore, they do so via unreliable narrator. This means someone told lies, or made false assumptions that they presented as facts.

I doubt I'm off very much if I were to proclaim "90% of retcons are explained in lore as being people lied".

• Kralkatorrik might have been talking, but he only talked about current events. The Shatterer is not flesh and blood, but made out of corrupted land and air - they're freakin hollow after all. They're not like Aurene, Vlast, and Glint; they're not
    living beings

pretty much what i commented on at another thread about the types of dragon champions, either by birth like Glint and the Pale Mother, by corruption like Branded, Icebrood, Modrem Wyvern, or by creation through magic Risen, Shatterer

Most risen are corrupted, not created, and we're unclear whether the risen dragons were corrupted (we do have Bone Dragons from Orr in GW1 after all) or "created" in the same way as abominations. Or did you mean destroyer?

Also, technically, the Pale Tree wasn't birthed but was corrupted too. Mordrem in general are corrupted plants, Blighting Trees (which the Pale Tree was before being purified by still unknown means) were likely Stonewood trees (never confirmed, but implied).

@Loesh.4697 said:

Just to add to this: I remember in Facing the Truth when exploring the Sanctum that it's stated adding to the library and recording new knowledge is a neverending process. While not stated explicitly, I took this to mean that Kormir's knowledge is most likely capped by what we the people of Tyria know. In essence, it seems like the Domain works in such a way she cannot know something we or the other gods do not know.Another interpretation would be that since new things are always occurring, discovered, or made, that new knowledge is always being formed, and so always being added to the library. Basically meaning that the library does not contain all possible futures and pasts, only what has been and is.

@"Trise.2865" said:Didn't realize the existence of active, apex predators was such a well-kept secret.

More like long-forgotten knowledge. Happens when they're not active for 10,000-some years and the civilizations that were around then mostly died off. The only individuals who remembered the Elder Dragons actively were Glint, the Six Gods, and the Forgotten. At least, those who were on communicative terms with the modern civilized races of Tyria (which is to say, the mursaat might have known, but they weren't telling).

The modern civilized races of Tyria - e.g., humans, charr, etc. - only learned about the Elder Dragons' existence through Jormag's awakening, and at that, the idea of more than one Elder Dragon was something very few accepted as in Sea of Sorrows, there's a line by a norn suggesting that Jormag was the Elder Dragon when they were told of Zhaitan's existence.

And most knowledge of the Elder Dragons, until late personal story, was largely "they're unstoppable, mindless forces of nature that only cause destruction" (if people even believed they existed). Which, of course, is a false belief. Most knowledge learned since late personal story has been from personal experience, or uncovering bits and pieces of the Forgotten's, Glint's, and Six Gods' unshared knowledge. Some knowledge did come from the dwarven and jotun records and legends, but that was largely the Elder Dragons' names, cyclic nature, destructive acts during the previous dragonrise, and primary methods of corruption.

TBH, it would have made plenty of sense for the dwarves to know and for the Forgotten to share the knowledge, but I guess "keeping secrets" and "forgotten knowledge" was the only way ArenaNet could think of how to explain why the Elder Dragons' weren't common knowledge in GW1.

Glint's eggs were in stasis for an unknown amount of time. Aurene's egg was in stasis until it neared Tarir, for example. So it is entirely possible that she was a case of "impregnated then corrupted" or something. Might even be that true dragon eggs are like rocks until near enough sustaining magic (similar to the Game of Throne dragon wyvern eggs being like rocks until placed in very high heat).