Condi Benchmark after bugfix

Zunki.3916

@steki.1478 said:Downed skill 5, downed lava font and constant air overload uptime are the main survival tool. Storm glyph and wh 5 can blind a lot of mobs making you basically invulnerable. You don't need any defensive skills except maybe flash.

I have no trouble to survive normal mobs, except a few ones that hit very hard. I can even do it without using blind, just with proper cc followed by unleashing all those fire skills. So saying going full berserk and kill everything before it kills you is manageable vs trash mobs, even most veterans.I am mostly talking about strong mobs (elite and champions). For the latter, CC and blind are only good to break bar, and so it is much harder to survive, especially if champion is ranged.Let's take an exemple: Frostmaw in Lornar's Pass. His ranged attack knock you down, can't be blocked. He is less dangerous in melee, but when he manages to get some distance with you, he will use its siege attack again. Not to mention some wurms are spawning around with ranged attack that also knock you down.So, swirling winds, magnetic aura, arcane aura, magnetic wave won't be usefull. You will have to dodge his attack, and possibly obsidian flesh. Without healing power or defensive stat, he will do serious damage that is almost impossible to outheal. Well, I am not talking about a fully geared elementalist at this point. I usually fight him around level 50 with bad leveling gear.In a such a fight, I will avoid 50% of his attacks, but as it takes long time to kill him, my health will slowly goes down more than it goes up. In this end, I might probably go down and be sure that any downed skill won't help me here (unless he is at 1% health). Well, in that particular case, vapor form might get me somewhere safe if I am lucky.

Now, as @Zunki.3916 said, it is much easier with condi gear, because you can gear toughness, vitality, and/or healing power. You could be tempted with gear like viper, and while it will do great damage, it won't really help with sustain.There are also some situations where you just need to recover your health but you can't go out of combat. It happens in stories. You are facing long duration fights or enough stronger enemies that can melt you in a few seconds (like vet/champ abominations charge). Without HP or water trait, it is difficult as ele to recover your health and in my experience, water traits along with some healing power makes a big boost in your sustain. It is really night and day, but of course, you are feeling the loss of one offensive line.

While Arcane helps you to mitigate or avoid damage, it doesn't really help to recover your health or cleanse condition. Well, not entirely true, you have arcane abatement and evasive arcana. The former is only efficient with weaver, and maybe a bit of healing power.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@steki.1478 said:Downed skill 5, downed lava font and constant air overload uptime are the main survival tool. Storm glyph and wh 5 can blind a lot of mobs making you basically invulnerable. You don't need any defensive skills except maybe flash.

I have no trouble to survive normal mobs, except a few ones that hit very hard. I can even do it without using blind, just with proper cc followed by unleashing all those fire skills. So saying going full berserk and kill everything before it kills you is manageable vs trash mobs, even most veterans.I am mostly talking about strong mobs (elite and champions). For the latter, CC and blind are only good to break bar, and so it is much harder to survive, especially if champion is ranged.Let's take an exemple: Frostmaw in Lornar's Pass. His ranged attack knock you down, can't be blocked. He is less dangerous in melee, but when he manages to get some distance with you, he will use its siege attack again. Not to mention some wurms are spawning around with ranged attack that also knock you down.So, swirling winds, magnetic aura, arcane aura, magnetic wave won't be usefull. You will have to dodge his attack, and possibly obsidian flesh. Without healing power or defensive stat, he will do serious damage that is almost impossible to outheal. Well, I am not talking about a fully geared elementalist at this point. I usually fight him around level 50 with bad leveling gear.In a such a fight, I will avoid 50% of his attacks, but as it takes long time to kill him, my health will slowly goes down more than it goes up. In this end, I might probably go down and be sure that any downed skill won't help me here (unless he is at 1% health). Well, in that particular case, vapor form might get me somewhere safe if I am lucky.

Now, as @Zunki.3916 said, it is much easier with condi gear, because you can gear toughness, vitality, and/or healing power. You could be tempted with gear like viper, and while it will do great damage, it won't really help with sustain.There are also some situations where you just need to recover your health but you can't go out of combat. It happens in stories. You are facing long duration fights or enough stronger enemies that can melt you in a few seconds (like vet/champ abominations charge). Without HP or water trait, it is difficult as ele to recover your health and in my experience, water traits along with some healing power makes a big boost in your sustain. It is really night and day, but of course, you are feeling the loss of one offensive line.

While Arcane helps you to mitigate or avoid damage, it doesn't really help to recover your health or cleanse condition. Well, not entirely true, you have arcane abatement and evasive arcana. The former is only efficient with weaver, and maybe a bit of healing power.

Soloing champs is a waste of time waste of specific gear and definitely not an indicator of a class' viability in open world. You can easily ask for help on map chat and stomp it with 3+ people.

People said they struggle in open world with ele which is l2p issue, not the class issue. Cele ele can easily solo any type of content, but as I said - waste of time and waste of gear since you can play group content with a group.

@steki.1478 said:Soloing champs is a waste of time waste of specific gear and definitely not an indicator of a class' viability in open world. You can easily ask for help on map chat and stomp it with 3+ people.

It depends how you define a waste of time ? Sure those champions take time to kill, bring very little reward. What about fun, challenge, and satisfaction? Nowadays, people play fast-food mmo, they don't do things that bring no reward.

On top of that, I improve my skill by finding a way to beat each champion.

People said they struggle in open world with ele which is l2p issue, not the class issue. Cele ele can easily solo any type of content, but as I said - waste of time and waste of gear since you can play group content with a group.

Maps are sometimes empty, so you can't expect help whenever you want.

there's open world like central tyria where you can AA your self to victory with no coherent build, using all white vendor gear, while never needing to dodge....and then there zones like hot, lw episodes, and pof where squishy builds start to struggle with soloing/large events, at least for me. w/e, i have been messing around with this build in OW like dragonfall and it generally works quite well. it can be super hard at times to do proper rotations when things get chaotic though, especially with staff...but over all i am quite happy with it's performance. plus it's a fun build to play which is nice. this patch was good for my ele, for sure.

@fixit.7189 said:there's open world like central tyria where you can AA your self to victory with no coherent build, using all white vendor gear, while never needing to dodge....and then there zones like hot, lw episodes, and pof where squishy builds start to struggle with soloing/large events, at least for me. w/e, i have been messing around with this build in OW like dragonfall and it generally works quite well. it can be super hard at times to do proper rotations when things get chaotic though, especially with staff...but over all i am quite happy with it's performance. plus it's a fun build to play which is nice. this patch was good for my ele, for sure.

Of course, people are claiming that central tyria is piece of cake. This is just a false declaration. Sure, most of it is quite easy, but it has its hard parts too, in almost every zones, usually within events or hero points. Daily, I see people getting killed in every zones, how so if it is so easy ?I could list many events that are very challenging, I have seen elite specialization getting killed by trying to solo these events.

You can avoid events, but it is a core part of tyria. You would miss the best part of the game by avoiding them.

Most of the events, excluding fast-hard-hitting champions are easy to clear with FA Tempest (Weaver if experienced, but Tempest is still better). Spam blinds and CC while dropping high AoE damage and when you're about to die with no LoS or escape; pop all long lasting skills and jump into enemies... Most of the time you will self-rez.

@"Auburner.6945" said:Most of the events, excluding fast-hard-hitting champions are easy to clear with FA Tempest (Weaver if experienced, but Tempest is still better). Spam blinds and CC while dropping high AoE damage and when you're about to die with no LoS or escape; pop all long lasting skills and jump into enemies... Most of the time you will self-rez.

This is when you "cheated" to get your elite specialization, probably using tomes to get to 80, then getting ported to hot/pof and HP train. I am doing every events while leveling, so mostly one then two trait lines, average leveling gear and no mount (like everybody in 2012-2015).It is not the same game than an high end build :)

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@steki.1478 said:Soloing champs is a waste of time waste of specific gear and definitely not an indicator of a class' viability in open world. You can easily ask for help on map chat and stomp it with 3+ people.

It depends how you define a waste of time ? Sure those champions take time to kill, bring very little reward. What about fun, challenge, and satisfaction? Nowadays, people play fast-food mmo, they don't do things that bring no reward.

Big Time! Challenge, no one around, can u solo the champ and the group that comes with it? means something to some players, for open world pve, regular mobs u tear through them, with anything build/ weapons, Vets slightest effort, champs however different category. Some people look at it differently, behind the guildmates blasting away feels good, seeing the numbers fly, viability there? guess so, but how bout taking on something very hard? can u find that in open world? well MOST players CAN NOT SOLO champs. still viable? IDK. Cele ele is a good all around but solo anything is leaving out really HARD content. With less than 3000 armor, some core champs yeah, Broodmother will run u over, Wanted Champs who hit like a Truck, much harder without defense.

@antorios of boxius.1043 said:

Big Time! Challenge, no one around, can u solo the champ and the group that comes with it? means something to some players, for open world pve, regular mobs u tear through them, with anything build/ weapons, Vets slightest effort, champs however different category. Some people look at it differently, behind the guildmates blasting away feels good, seeing the numbers fly, viability there? guess so, but how bout taking on something very hard? can u find that in open world? well MOST players CAN NOT SOLO champs. still viable? IDK. Cele ele is a good all around but solo anything is leaving out really HARD content. With less than 3000 armor, some core champs yeah, Broodmother will run u over, Wanted Champs who hit like a Truck, much harder without defense.

I'd rather play a single player game if I wanted such challenge. Until then I'll see it as a waste of time because it's intended for a group of people.

@Zunki.3916 said:I facetank about everything in open world and it's really easy. Go full condi, cast one primordal stance, every nonvet dies 100%.If you die primordal keeps ticking, then do 5 skill and make some 2 until you rally.With co di you can easy have 20k+hp and even some healing power and still dish out more than enough to comfy kill everything.It doesnt even matter what weapon you take, stuff just dies.On vets you just pull every cd for your condis and they die too, no matter if you go down or not, in like 4s you have enough casts done to eventually kill every normal vet out there. For champs you need some hybrid with healing, but they are mostly easy too, just take some time. With dagger focus you block tons of projectiles on your main dps wep skill, you dash like mad, root enemies, have condi cleanse, invul, blind etc.

Edit: Hell you even get barrier from skills and from dodging, you get reduced dmg from foes around you. If you rally spam your primordial and you are guaranteed to rally again.

Actually I'm taking a look at the sword/focus condi build right now since the latest balance patch hit the live servers ... and so far it's really good !

the obsidian flesh is a relief ... and passive healing signet oh my !

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:Actually I'm taking a look at the sword/focus condi build right now since the latest balance patch hit the live servers ... and so far it's really good !

I used that build in different variations since the release of PoF. It's never been as good as now, but it always worked well in every pve mode. Dagger offhand is cool for the massive aoe stun/dmg too, with sword dagger offering quite some breakbar dmg. And staff is quite cool to raged-aoe-tag stuff. Scepter always was okay single target ranged dmg, but bad weak for tagging/aoe.

@Zunki.3916 said:

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:Actually I'm taking a look at the sword/focus condi build right now since the latest balance patch hit the live servers ... and so far it's really good !

I used that build in different variations since the release of PoF. It's never been as good as now, but it always worked well in every pve mode. Dagger offhand is cool for the massive aoe stun/dmg too, with sword dagger offering quite some breakbar dmg. And staff is quite cool to raged-aoe-tag stuff. Scepter always was okay single target ranged dmg, but bad weak for tagging/aoe.

I havel ess issues running focus then I had running dagger off hand really but i don't know ... It's not like i've tried dagger again since last balance.