About the new EU World Links (6/27/2019)

@Thea Cherry.6327 said:Meanwhile Kodash lost half of its population to Dzago and is outnumberd every match.

I switched to Dzagonur, too, because previous to the change my WvW guild consisted of 50% AM players and 50% Dz players; a vote then decided that we were all going to switch to Dzagonur. Two weeks of waiting to receive pips again was pretty annoying. I can only imagine the imbalance on some servers that this fundamental change has caused.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Thea Cherry.6327 said:Meanwhile Kodash lost half of its population to Dzago and is outnumberd every match.

I switched to Dzagonur, too, because previous to the change my WvW guild consisted of 50% AM players and 50% Dz players; a vote then decided that we were all going to switch to Dzagonur. Two weeks of waiting to receive pips again was pretty annoying.
I can only imagine the imbalance on some servers that this fundamental change has caused.
Not sure why you can only imagine it since GH+DZ is ridiculously stacked now, UW+FSP pretty much had outnumbered buff on every border yesterday primetime lol.

I still consider it a change that had to be done though.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Not sure why you can only imagine it since GH+DZ is ridiculously stacked now, UW+FSP pretty much had outnumbered buff on every border yesterday primetime lol.

I meant that I can only imagine the feeling of being on the losing end of this change. (Plus, I did not play WvW for two weeks after I switched servers, because I was miffed over not receiving pips. ;) Also, there was an issue with our TS server, which has been resolved a couple of days ago. I hate the alternative, namely Discord. So I have not seen as much action after the change as you have, presumably.)

I still consider it a change that had to be done though.

Yeah, I believe that it won't stay this way. There needs something to be done about it.

So Piken has been locked again, after being open for 2 weeks. I cannot fathom the logic.

Current numbers on wvwstats.com show that both Aurora Glade (medium) + Riverside (very high) and Gunnar's Hold (medium) + Dzagonur (full) have over 50k population during EU times, while Piken is down around 33k (10th out of 15 for EU time zones).

We need to see greater transparency from Anet on the population numbers, and more open, two-way dialog on why servers are locked.

If we look at total populations so far this week, both AG+Rs and GH+Dz have 136k while unlinked/locked Piken has 100k. That's a huge 30% difference.

These links happened before the population moves, and the unlocking and re-locking has come after them. Fine, except the locked server has only received small-dozens of players (guidies who for 8 months were not able to join their guildmates). We are all thankful that they were able to join us. But something is not adding up.

But then shouldn't Rs (and other servers) have been locked also? They have more population than Piken (according to wvwstats.com). And then what is the justification for locking Piken again, when it is clearly not "very large server numbers". There is some other, hidden reason.

@"Jayden Reese.9542" said:i'm sure you'll get one next re-linking and Dzagonur will be alone

In EU we have 27 server for 5 Tiers, i.e. 15 main and 12 minor server => at least 3 server must be without link as long as we have 5 tiers(https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/81659/proposal-close-eu-t5-for-the-next-relink)Current population says, only Dzagonur and Piken are full, and of course there is Baruch, which is filled, but cannot get full.Dzagonur, Piken & Baruch would not get a link, if Re-linking would be now.

Maybe Piken has a better connection to ANet, then Elona, Riverside and Kodash, but these 3 stayed full without link in T4/5 for more than a year without ANet changing anything, so don't expect to much ;)

@"Adzekul.3104" said:There is not enough population on Piken for it to be full. Proof/data? wvwstats.com. (Anet Devs:) Change my mind by posting real data.

Hm, did you already had Addition at school?

If server A has 90% of "Full" and Server B has 40% of "Full", they have as link together 130% of "Full".So yes, linked together they have 30% more than Server C which has 100% "Full", still both alone have less than server C, and both are below the threshold of "Full".

Those are contrived numbers, sorry to say. The host server is medium. If we take the example of GH + Dz, maybe some less contrived / potentially more realistic numbers might be:GH (medium) has 20% of full and Dz (full) has 115% of full. Piken has circa 70% of full ("very high" only 3 hours ago, before it was manually locked at gemstore reset). Others like SFR, Deso, Gandara etc are circa 80-90% full but have links pushing the total population for their link over 100%).

ANet never revealed the thresholds for the server--pop-states. But from oberservation I would say the medium range is much larger than the others. Maybe something like:Medium = 0 to 50%High = 50% to 75%Very High = 75% to 99% (except Baruch, which never get full)Full = 100% and anything above

If this is true a link of Very High + Medium can be up to 149% of a single Full server.

I see no evidence that people are moving to Piken (other than the long lost guildies I have spoken about -- these numbers are small/modest). And wvwstats.com does not show evidence of it either. Why would guilds or unguilded randoms move to a "very high" T4/T5 server? It is not an attractive destination, to be frank. And so the suggestion that Piken has hit the threshhold for "full" does not seem very believable. More believable to me is that the threshholds or other numbers have been manually changed, not unlike they were two weeks ago when they were raised, reducing the populations of practically every EU server.

Something fishy is going on here. Convince me otherwise.

@"Adzekul.3104" said:Something fishy is going on here. Convince me otherwise.You just post weired numbers. Activity on wvwstats.com is "kills+deaths" not "hours played". No suprise that Piken is currently low on K+D, when matched vs. a dead Kodash that can't provide fights.

And the locking of the server doesn't require incoming transfers, its prolly because ppl were playing less vs. e. g. an overstacked GH+DZ and now invest more play hours because they now have a real chance to win the MU.

It looks like AG/RS are on the rise, when you thought they were going drop down the Tiers, even with some transfers out of AG, but it looks whoever moved might be from Underworld, who I think were High Population the last time I checked, they are now Medium.

So far this summer, Activity doesn't seem abnormal on Desolation, so it hasn't moved from being High population.Anyway, Piken will probably end with a link in a month, at least most Servers will probably not be restricted from tranfers, until the next relink.

@Dayra.7405 said:

@"CrimsonNeonite.1048" said:Anyway, Piken will probably end with a link in a month

I don't see this probability. 3 EU worlds must be without link as long as we have 5 tiers. And Piken belongs to the 3 with highest population currently.Baruch will always be one of those three. And I guess we already know who is the 2nd one for a long long time.

River, Gandara, Deso, Elona, WSR already had a "full" period during this year . . . and since some ppl just love to sink their gems into overstacking servers . . . there's only one thing for sure: the next re-linking will be awesome and full of suprises, as usual :p