Leeching Venoms - July 16th

LouWolfskin.3492

Hello hello,

as someone who really liked leeching venoms as a trait for a long time now i feel like this was a nerf.The biggest problem being that it takes 3 whole seconds to get your first stack of spidervenom, not even to mention that the cdr on the other venoms is gone.Would you get your first stack with entering stealth, like other stealth-related traits actually act, i wouldn't mind it so much.But 3 seconds?Of course there's also the fact that this venom doesn't get shared. This i at least can understand somewhat but on the other hand, with the time it takes to get even one stack,it doesn't really help to keep us going in terms of damage, and for what it's worth, support (yes i consider this trait supportive).

Dunno... at least give us another stack right away? Or make the wait worth our while as 3 seconds doing nothing is quite long.

Not gonna get those stacks in wvw either with traps/tricks, sentries, watchtower, reveal skills, marked debuff etcI suppose the reason may be so you don't get mega stacks, but this is probably too underwhelming the way it is. They should take another look at it (not to mention a few other things but that's for another thread).

The solution is simple: make it so you gain 1 stack upon entering stealth and then every 3rd second that you remain in stealth (exactly like shadow's embrace), then to prevent mega stacks make spider venom stacks gained through this trait have a shorter duration (10 seconds for example).The code for each of the above described effects already exists in other traits so they literally need to copy and paste it.

Yup, leeching venom is underwhelming and promotes what anet seemingly wanted to avoid (maybe?) while reworking the SA tree -passive gameplay while staying stealthed for longer periods of time. Not to mention the longer you stay in stealth to get poison stacks, the longer your enemy has to get his condi removals off cd. I think it's counter-productive unless used as an opener for nearly perma-stealth builds.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:Yup, leeching venom is underwhelming and promotes what anet seeming wanted to avoid (maybe?) while reworking the SA tree -passive gameplay while staying stealthed for longer periods of time. Not to mention the longer you stay in stealth to get poison stacks, the longer your enemy has to get his condi removals off cd. I think it's counter-productive unless used as an opener for nearly perma-stealth builds.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe they'd catch some people off guard who don't read properly and think it's a buff of some kind :P when in reality it's harder to keep the pressure since you have to be in an area that you can stack stealth to get the venom stacks, and many classes will have cd's on their clears by then so although the idea may be there, the execution of it is lacking and needs some tweaking

@LouWolfskin.3492 said:Hello hello,

as someone who really liked leeching venoms as a trait for a long time now i feel like this was a nerf.The biggest problem being that it takes 3 whole seconds to get your first stack of spidervenom, not even to mention that the cdr on the other venoms is gone.Would you get your first stack with entering stealth, like other stealth-related traits actually act, i wouldn't mind it so much.But 3 seconds?Of course there's also the fact that this venom doesn't get shared. This i at least can understand somewhat but on the other hand, with the time it takes to get even one stack,it doesn't really help to keep us going in terms of damage, and for what it's worth, support (yes i consider this trait supportive).

Dunno... at least give us another stack right away? Or make the wait worth our while as 3 seconds doing nothing is quite long.

Not only that. This trait overrides your Venom utility skills. If you have 4 stacks left from your Venom skill and you go in stealth...poof! your stacks are gone.

You're better off with Deadly Ambitions than this crappy trait.