Chances of being wanted in raids?

asmariya.1096

Hi all! I've been playing Elementalist casually for quite some time now and would like to start doing raids. My question is, what are my chances of any raids wanting to take me along if I'm not committed to learning the ridiculous rotations for weaver builds? I'm currently running a Scepter/Warhorn build on Tempest that was recently put up by SnowCrows, but I'm unaware of the rotation for this build so far. Is it just as hard? Are there any viable builds that I can run that don't require learning ridiculous rotations and still be be able to find raid groups? I know its a bit selfish to expect to go on a raid without wanting to learn optimal damage rotations, but is there ANYTHING out there for someone like me? lol

Power Sword, Air -> Air -> Fire -> Fire -> rinse and repeat, all while finishing the auto attack chains after the fluff of utilities are done with. The hard part is memorizing Weaver's mechanic and the traits more than the rotation.

Tempest is easier, but still imo it has more to memorize rotation-wise than Weaver.

Elementalist needs more of attunement and modifiers management + speed doing it, which makes the rotation harder than most.

If you don't want to care much about DPS rotations; a healer would be a better choice, as long as you keep your party alive, most won't care about the DPS.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:With rare exception, no matter what class you play you have to learn the rotation. However, IF you learn the rotation, ele DPS is pretty high. Personally I've found power sword weaver to be pretty simple to learn.

The problem isn’t about learning rotations, the problem is learning Weaver rotations specifically. They’re pretty tedious and a lot more complicated than every other class out there, it seems.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Hearing this makes me so sad...i dont really like any other class. I never tried a raid, but if i did id go ele, and hearing that they are the garbage of raids is really dissapointing to hear.

If you can commit to the class and learning the proper rotations, Weaver offers some of the highest damage in the game.

@asmariya.1096 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Hearing this makes me so sad...i dont really like any other class. I never tried a raid, but if i did id go ele, and hearing that they are the garbage of raids is really dissapointing to hear.

If you can commit to the class and learning the proper rotations, Weaver offers some of the highest damage in the game.

Been playing ele since year 2. Learning a rotation isnt the problem. Its the community that only wants perfection and if it isnt then u just get kicked from the group these days. Like i hate condi. I will never play condi on my ele.. So that there is a no go for me.

@asmariya.1096 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:With rare exception, no matter what class you play you have to learn the rotation. However, IF you learn the rotation, ele DPS is pretty high. Personally I've found power sword weaver to be pretty simple to learn.

The problem isn’t about learning rotations, the problem is learning Weaver rotations specifically. They’re pretty tedious and a lot more complicated than every other class out there, it seems.

If you're talking about staff or scepter, yes the rotations are hard. If you're talking about power sword... its not. If you look at the individual number presses, it looks complicated, but whether you're doing single target DPS, CC, or AoE DPS it is all the same thing: go left to right with the weapon skills.

Air/Air:Sword 3Swap to Fire/AirSword 2Sword 3Dagger 4Auto until attunement swap is upSwap to Fire/FireSword 3Dagger 4Dagger 5Auto until attunement swap is up. If Sword 2 goes off cooldown, use sword 2Swap to Water/FireSword 3Swap to Air/AirRepeat

Short version is: swap attunement, then use all DPS skills left to right, then swap attunement. The auto damage is high, and attunement swapping doesn't cancel skills, so mistakes are forgiving. The only hard part is using arcane blast and primordial stance simultaneously as you use your skills.

If you play well you're wanted. ele just got buff,I don't know yet how much but it was meta before and it's meta still for a lot of bosses and meta for fractals.

Look it up at the good guilds websites..mad compare what thsi forum answer is to get the contrast.

All I can say is that u can build ele condi and power and do all bosses very well.thats not me knowing that's me having asked one of the better players a week ago, personally I am not good enough yet and playing DH because even badly done it's okay DPS.

Ps: nothing in GW2 ist hard,No rotations are hard. Nothing compares to really hard skillful mechanics like spray control or even wow raiding. Golem is there for a reason.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Been playing ele since year 2. Learning a rotation isnt the problem. Its the community that only wants perfection and if it isnt then u just get kicked from the group these days. Like i hate condi. I will never play condi on my ele.. So that there is a no go for me.

If u don't want you to play condi ele you can switch to a condi build for condi bosses and you are still being kicked?those groups suck, I didn't have those experiences in my tries last year and last month until now and I am really bad, beginner,at the raiding and even had wife Aggro Not result in a kick.