Chaos Fractal - Legendary Brazen Gladiator

Turkeyspit.3965

When I pug T4s on my Quickbrand, before this boss I'll swap out Sword of Justice for Stand Your Ground (drop in personal DPS + vulnerability stacking), and Feel My Wrath for Portent of Freedom (loss of Quickness + Fury)

I used to just swap in Stand your Ground but felt it wasn't enough stability coverage.

Good idea or bad idea? Again, pugging, not static.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:When I pug T4s on my Quickbrand, before this boss I'll swap out Sword of Justice for Stand Your Ground (drop in personal DPS + vulnerability stacking), and Feel My Wrath for Portent of Freedom (loss of Quickness + Fury)

I used to just swap in Stand your Ground but felt it wasn't enough stability coverage.

If I am 100% honest, if you're pugging I wouldn't try to support other people, If they don't bring the right skills, they get punished, as long as you live and do damage then it'd be fine, but I am a rather selfish person in games.

@Kuulpb.5412 said:

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:When I pug T4s on my Quickbrand, before this boss I'll swap out Sword of Justice for Stand Your Ground (drop in personal DPS + vulnerability stacking), and Feel My Wrath for Portent of Freedom (loss of Quickness + Fury)

If I am 100% honest, if you're pugging I wouldn't try to support other people, If they don't bring the right skills, they get punished, as long as you live and do damage then it'd be fine, but I am a rather selfish person in games.

I get your point, but I am playing a "support" build, so it does sort of make sense to "support" other people :wink:

I guess my question is: does providing stability justify the loss of other support / DPS I could bring? Or am I overthinking this and the stability isn't needed?

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:When I pug T4s on my Quickbrand, before this boss I'll swap out Sword of Justice for Stand Your Ground (drop in personal DPS + vulnerability stacking), and Feel My Wrath for Portent of Freedom (loss of Quickness + Fury)

I get your point, but I am playing a "support" build, so it does sort of make sense to "support" other people :wink:

I guess my question is: does providing stability justify the loss of other support / DPS I could bring? Or am I overthinking this and the stability isn't needed?

Stability is a bit.. iffy, There's benefits, but at the same time people could just Dodge, so Quickness/DPS would be better than Quickness/Stability. At least in my opinion.

@Kuulpb.5412 said:

Stability is a bit.. iffy, There's benefits, but at the same time people could just Dodge, so Quickness/DPS would be better than Quickness/Stability. At least in my opinion.

Just to be clear, I'm referring specifically to this boss who dazes on his 3rd AA. I don't do this for any other fractal.

There is not only the boss, there are the golems too that can kick you out + the "pestles". And a dodge is already dps lost or a skills chain breaker No there is nothing wrong to bring stab. Stab works 100%. If you have a FB+DH+Ren with the dwarf legend it's ok; but as someone say, they don't always bring the rights skills, or watch their buffs.

If you want full stab Virtues with 3-#-3, hallowed ground + stand your ground + f3. If you don't want virtues, don't take virtues, but change your bane signet and sword for the 2 stab skills or don't get the perma stab, as you wish.

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:There is not only the boss, there are the golems too that can kick you out + the "pestles". And a dodge is already dps lost or a skills chain breaker No there is nothing wrong to bring stab. Stab works 100%. If you have a FB+DH+Ren with the dwarf legend it's ok; but as someone say, they don't always bring the rights skills, or watch their buffs.

Exactly! I mostly play druid in fractals, something I appreciate is when there is someone giving aegis, stability or just aoe stunbreak (I am sure everybody likes those :p). Those are defensive options some of the “optimal” build lack. This kind of boss can be a pain because you have to stay close to heal or dps but you do not want to get cc, the floor and stomps also makes people spread. I am not saying it is a hard boss but all the different effect can make the boss very chaotic (I am not even counting instabilities). Your group will most likely kill the boss faster if you can just face the mechanics instead of running away all the time.