July Monthly Tournament

• ArenaNet Staff

Hello everyone,

For the past couple weeks, we’ve seen a lot of instability in automated tournaments. Because of this, we have decided to cancel the July monthly tournament. We’re working to get these issues resolved as fast as we can. Once we do resolve the issues, we will hold an extra “monthly” tournament to catch up.

Thank you for your patience.

@Mbelch.9028 said:Seriously? PvP doesn't work, so we're going to cancel the one thing pro players (not saying I'm included in this, as I'm like an emergency emergency emergency backup to players who win this thing) look forward to.

Maybe you would talk differently if you would be stuck for hours in pvp map after it bugs out. Or if it would bugged out during finals, not giving away any rewards.

@Hanakocz.5697 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:Seriously? PvP doesn't work, so we're going to cancel the one thing pro players
(not saying I'm included in this, as I'm like an emergency emergency emergency backup to players who win this thing)
look forward to.

Maybe you would talk differently if you would be stuck for hours in pvp map after it bugs out. Or if it would bugged out during finals, not giving away any rewards.

Yeah, this happened to me twice. I'm not talking differently.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Mbelch.9028 said:Seriously? PvP doesn't work, so we're going to cancel the one thing pro players (not saying I'm included in this, as I'm like an emergency emergency emergency backup to players who win this thing) look forward to.

It's unfortunate, but we felt it was necessary. We felt it was better to postpone the tournament rather than having something go wrong in during the tournament and compromise it.

• ArenaNet Staff

@PepperGirl.2753 said:lol :// ok anet. are you gonna fix the normal queue bug while you're at it too? i mean how hard can it possibly be? :( is it more than just a simple coding issue or what? you've already lost a huge portion of your playerbase for stuff like this.. it's so sad watching your favorite game die over the course of 3 years when it's really simple things like this ruining it. this game used to have so much potential. big RIP

We put up a partial fix not long ago for the queues a while ago. Incidents have dropped dramatically, but we know we still have work to do there.

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Xtrverz.4069" said:Will this "extra monthly" be before the August one or will that be delayed as well?

It's just going to depend on when we have a good fix. Hopefully we have one before the August monthly, but I can't 100% guarantee that right now. But once the fix in place, we'll communicate a schedule out on how we catch up.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:Seriously? PvP doesn't work, so we're going to cancel the one thing pro players
(not saying I'm included in this, as I'm like an emergency emergency emergency backup to players who win this thing)
look forward to.

It's unfortunate, but we felt it was necessary. We felt it was better to postpone the tournament rather than having something go wrong in during the tournament and compromise it.

I appreciate Anet doing what they feel is right. I just wish you and your team had more resources to devote to something a lot of us at least used to love. I feel the mode is bleeding players and playtime, and with just a little bit of love, that wouldn't be the case.Cheers.

@PepperGirl.2753 said:how hard can it possibly be?just a simple coding issue or what?really simple things like this

Yeah! Programming is so easy and debugging big projects is always very straightforward /s

Thanks for the heads up @Rubi Bayer.8493 and @Ben Phongluangtham.1065, communication is always appreciated. Hope you get it figured out soon without losing too much hair.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:Hello everyone,

For the past couple weeks, we’ve seen a lot of instability in automated tournaments. Because of this, we have decided to cancel the July monthly tournament. We’re working to get these issues resolved as fast as we can. Once we do resolve the issues, we will hold an extra “monthly” tournament to catch up.

Thank you for your patience.

Wait, so our qualifying points will still be valid for the upcoming AT (whenever that is), right? I really would rather not waste 300+ QP.