Fire Weaver vs Every Class (Video - PvP/WvW)

solemn.9670

I am in no way suggesting that fire weaver will win vs every class - it can't, if player skill is equal (or if weaver is less). This is only a demonstration for anyone thinking about trying it out - to see roughly how you can go about countering some builds.

And actually there is no duel vs Necro in this video - there was but I took it out before rendering because it was really boring, you're welcome. He was a good necro, too, but really boring fight with a lot of kiting from both of us ... necros go down just like the rest though.

Some swearing in the video

Build:https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http%3A%2F%2Fgw2skills.net%2Feditor%2F%3FvFAQJAsYncMAFNgF5C%2B4CM5iFBAr4N0GSD3v6a9tOIAMBeAA-j1hAABop8zU1fgUJ45PAAAOBAZv%2Fwi6JCAgA4m38m38m3srbzbezbezbezbezbWKgtWGB-w&event=video_description&v=vE4Oo0CBG64&redir_token=eZb2mNq-7lyfuruGHHwC7guQkaN8MTU2NDA4NjYzMUAxNTY0MDAwMjMx

With antitoxin runes (+ a sigil )+ the fire trait that cleans conditions on aura. Everytime you swith to fire you'll cleande at least 2 conditions. + Frost aura on dagger that will cleanses 2 + 3 conditions. + air#2 in a fire field.+ the dodge when in water/xIf you have ever worked with water and the swiftness>regen trait it will be hard to use fire/water to cleanse condition instead of air/water, but with training you will. + he has 21k pv too, it helps lol.

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:in sPVP I like the sword-focus build more less mobility and power dmg but transmute fire aura is very strong with Sunspot and the defensive skills really help.

In WvW ... the focus isn't really viable on a open field fight

I like the projectile hate/invuln/ranged CC of offhand focus - I've used focus a lot while running sc/f fresh air, and it's good with sword, but I rely on every single offhand dagger skill as part of my rotation(s). It feels more diverse in it's uses. I couldn't give up the mobility, evade while CCing from air 5, insane cleanse + heals from water and very good damage (10k fire grab anyone?) from fire dagger skills, plus fire 4 burns for a lot.

I wouldn't argue against others using focus offhand with this build, but I don't think I'll ever prefer it. You can see the weaver I dueled at 4:46 was using sw/f and he kinda struggled

1v1 Herald (class not made for duels) calling a Weaver broken when they can literally 100-0 the tankiest tanky tank in the game in +1s... hmmmmmmmmm...

Rifle Deadeyes have become a pain with the prolonged stealth periods and new "traps".

I found Fire Weaver better in PvP because there are nodes, which forces the enemy to engage or they'll lose. This favors the Weaver in match-ups that otherwise they would face trouble against in WvW's lack of nodes and the access to open fields.

Still Staff clips are my favorite, can never feel bored of it; I am not that good as a DPS Staff as much as I can duel PepeHands

Anyway, nice work!

@Razor.6392 said:Holy kitten you are mashing the keys... hard pass.What is this comment even supposed to suggest?

“You are using the appropriate skill at the exact time it is needed and compensating for lag/ensuring every hit registers by mashing the odd button in a logical sequence, NOOOOOOOOOB!”

Have you just never played this game before or what exactly is the issue here ? Hard pass on taking you seriously.

@solemn.9608 said:

@Razor.6392 said:Holy kitten you are mashing the keys... hard pass.What is this comment even supposed to suggest?

“You are using the appropriate skill at the exact time it is needed and compensating for lag/ensuring every hit registers by mashing the odd button, NOOOOOOOOOB!”

Have you just never played this game before or what exactly is the issue here ? Hard pass on taking you seriously.

Lol

@solemn.9608 said:

“You are using the appropriate skill at the exact time it is needed and compensating for lag/ensuring every hit registers by mashing the odd button in a logical sequence, NOOOOOOOOOB!”

Hahahahahahahaha

@Razor.6392 said:

Hahahahahahahaha

edit // this whole reply is just seething with salt - my b, but you kinda had it coming. gonna leave it unchanged in the interest of honesty.

Well, I'm convinced. Yeah but no really, not hearing an argument there. Try again? Maybe pick at the contrast/colour settings I used, since we're in such blatantly contrarian territory already? Have you never had a skill not go off on you, man? I really have to wonder if you're playing the same game or if you're just naturally so disagreeable in personality that you can't give up a chance to put someone else down in an attempt to raise yourself out of your own depths -- over such a moot point, as well. At the end of the day I don't expect that someone of such character would even be able to keep up, so why does it matter?

Furthermore why should it matter - in raids I don't double-press anything, when playing staff the only things I double-press are BR/MS because those suffer from the same issues - if you've never had a meteor shower just not proc at all, again, you're not playing the same game. I'm only superficially amused by this tbh, if you think about the psychological motives behind your behaviour it's not pretty - you're making a weak argument based off your own insecurities. You felt like you needed to assert your dominance somehow and searched for any reason you could find - I have to wonder how many times you've done this and how much respect you actually garner from this community, with an attitude like this.

Nice forum signature btw lol. You "never said you're the best" yet if you thought about it for a moment you'd realize that "but I believe I'm better than you" is an unconditional statement aka you just implied you're better than everyone. Lol. To be so arrogant.

@"Dahir.4158" said:Lol

Agreed. If you want to be associated with him, by all means, make it clear so we can all see it.

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:

Hahahahahahahaha

Well, I'm convinced. Yeah but no really, not hearing an argument there. Try again? Maybe pick at the contrast/colour settings I used, since we're in such blatantly contrarian territory already? Have you never had a skill not go off on you, man? I really have to wonder if you're playing the same game or if you're just naturally so disagreeable in personality that you can't give up a chance to put someone else down in an attempt to raise yourself out of your own depths -- over such a moot point, as well. At the end of the day I don't expect that someone of such character would even be able to keep up, so why does it matter?

I'm only superficially amused by this tbh, if you think about the psychological motives behind your behaviour it's not pretty.

Nice forum signature btw lol. You "never said you're the best" yet if you thought about it for a moment you'd realize that "but I believe I'm better than you" is an unconditional statement aka you just implied you're better than everyone. Lol. To be so arrogant.

@"Dahir.4158" said:Lol

Agreed

My gosh have some mercy on your keyboard already mr. masher.

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:@Razor.6392@"Dahir.4158"LolStill not hearing an argument dude. Guess you've forfeit.

I remember when I was younger I wanted an argument over anything on the internet so that I could prOvE pEoPlE wRoNg.

You're pre-mashing abilities, which queues them up. It's bad play, and it could get you screwed if you queue up the wrong ability. Fortunately you're fighting potatoes on a very high margin of error build (up until the point where I closed the video) so that will never be a concern.

@Razor.6392 said:

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:@Razor.6392@"Dahir.4158"LolStill not hearing an argument dude. Guess you've forfeit.

I remember when I was younger I wanted an argument over anything on the internet so that I could prOvE pEoPlE wRoNg.

You're pre-mashing abilities, which queues them up. It's bad play, and it could get you screwed if you queue up the wrong ability. Fortunately you're fighting potatoes on a very high margin of error build (up until the point where I closed the video) so that will never be a concern.

So-the first part of your post, that was directed at me? I could easily say the same to you so I fail to see why you’ve said it to me.

Yeah that’s kind of the idea though? When there is only really one or two possible ways out of a combat situation and I commit to one by queueing it up how is that necessarily sub-optimal? That’s what I am trying to do. You did not make a very compelling argument.

I don’t see what my build has to do with it, or my opponents either for that matter. It’s one of countless builds I play and some of countless opponents I’ve fought. An apple is an apple ... not an orange. Could care less if you think it is.

@solemn.9608 said:

So-the first part of your post, that was directed at me? I could easily say the same to you so I fail to see why you’ve said it to me.

Yeah that’s kind of the idea though? When there is only really one or two possible ways out of a combat situation and I commit to one by queueing it up how is that necessarily sub-optimal? That’s what I am trying to do. You did not make a very compelling argument.

I don’t see what my build has to do with it, or my opponents either for that matter. It’s one of countless builds I play and some of countless opponents I’ve fought. An apple is an apple ... not an orange. Could care less if you think it is.

Couldn't* care less, young man. Also, idk why you're jumping into this argument, this has nothing to do with you unless you're OP's alt.

@Razor.6392 said:

Couldn't* care less, young man. Also, idk why you're jumping into this argument, this has nothing to do with you unless you're OP's alt.Sorry but how exactly do you know that I can’t care less? I care considerably less now that you’ve nitpicked my grammar - incorrectly, as well - telltale sign of having nothing of value to say. Bold of you to assume you’re interpreting my language correctly after the above demonstration of character.

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@Razor.6392 said:Couldn't* care less, young man. Also, idk why you're jumping into this argument, this has nothing to do with you unless you're OP's alt.

It is, lol.Ty once again for your enlightening contribution

@solemn.9608 said:

Couldn't* care less, young man. Also, idk why you're jumping into this argument, this has nothing to do with you unless you're OP's alt.Sorry but how exactly do you know that I can’t care less? I care considerably less now that you’ve nitpicked my grammar - incorrectly, as well - telltale sign of having nothing of value to say. Bold of you to assume you’re interpreting my language correctly after the above demonstration of character.

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@Razor.6392 said:Couldn't* care less, young man. Also, idk why you're jumping into this argument, this has nothing to do with you unless you're OP's alt.

It is, lol.Ty once again for your enlightening contribution

Why are you mad at me? Calm down boy

@"Dahir.4158" said:Why are you mad at me? Calm down boyBoy - erm, close but no cigar. Razor should be able to give you a grammar lesson on pronouns sometime, sound good?

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:So you ARE in TLR :D Good to have you

Lol I must have opened my guild panel on my alt at some point in the video - thanks but I haven't been in a real raid with TLR in almost 2 years heh. Best wishes to you guys tho!

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:Are you okai all ?

Yeah sorry - hope everyone brought popcorn - I don't generally take kindly to a blatant insult.