Reaper Soul Eater Healing

Sileeent.5861

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:No, your comment shows there are exceptions, which is clear from my post ... or that Anet controls what the theme is, not players.

I personally don't see a reason thief can't have those things. Portal actually makes LOTS of sense to me based on my impression of the theme of a thief, but that's really a moot point anyways.

You can deny that theme is really important if you like but as long as you do so, you can't really be surprised you don't understand most of the changes they make.

At this point you might as well just say Anet does what they like and we should shut up and be happy about it.

No one said you can't complain, just don't be confused about the game changes if you want to deny that theme is an important factor when they make them.

"Theme is an important factor until it isn't".

I'm sitting here and I can see why they made this change. I think theme is always an important factor for them but even if this isn't a theme based changed, it was still a completely unrealistic amount of healing in shroud anyways. There was no reasonable justification to have a thing like this happening ever.

I mean, you can go ahead and sit on the hill of people that complain about changes every time you get them because you aren't looking at it from a similar perspective. At least it makes for interesting discussion.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Gamble.4580" said:Why do we want the healing back? It was useless in pvp and not noticed. If u want a big update we want worm instant cast or a a update the reapers elite

The healing in pve was nice the reason its garbo in pvp is because necromancers dont run full glass and the targets you hit also dont run full glass resulting in much lower dps number meaning the healing is also greatly reduced becaue 5% of much lower damage = much lower health gain. In pve the skill was ideally perfect for increased sustain in shroud when you wanted to keep your roatation and boost back up to that 90%hp + threshhold.

The trait only became op when in pvp you hit a cluster of mobs resulting in all that damage being converted into raw hp.

That said they should have probably flipped it to heal in shroud only and removed the healing from the portion from when you are not in shroud. At least that way it would be been a form of boost for shroud. Which makes shroud stand out an impressive tool rather than taking from it.

Now that some time has passed I can honestly say the healing out of shroud helps me greatly like every once in a while but not often.... i would really like to see this trait reworked now "again...." it has no flavor to it if not for the sake of "its a damage mod" i wouldn't run it. I would have gone back to DD the moment they posted the idea of the change.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@"Gamble.4580" said:Why do we want the healing back? It was useless in pvp and not noticed. If u want a big update we want worm instant cast or a a update the reapers elite

The healing in pve was nice the reason its garbo in pvp is because necromancers dont run full glass and the targets you hit also dont run full glass resulting in much lower dps number meaning the healing is also greatly reduced becaue 5% of much lower damage = much lower health gain. In pve the skill was ideally perfect for increased sustain in shroud when you wanted to keep your roatation and boost back up to that 90%hp + threshhold.

The trait only became op when in pvp you hit a cluster of mobs resulting in all that damage being converted into raw hp.

That said they should have probably flipped it to heal in shroud only and removed the healing from the portion from when you are not in shroud. At least that way it would be been a form of boost for shroud. Which makes shroud stand out an impressive tool rather than taking from it.

Now that some time has passed I can honestly say the healing out of shroud helps me greatly like every once in a while but not often.... i would really like to see this trait reworked now "again...." it has no flavor to it if not for the sake of "its a damage mod" i wouldn't run it. I would have gone back to DD the moment they posted the idea of the change.

New idea: Instead of the healing, it now grants life stealing to attacks whilst in shroud. The crux of this being that the life steal damage is super low, but the healing is at a reasonable starting level but with low scaling. That way it can't be abused by going super tanky, but also isn't a super sustain when going full glassy.

Back when Necro shroud recharge was 5seconds and 7 seconds after the nerf I never depended on my shroud it was mostly utility both core and reaper at the time damage was not as high as it was today. I spent most of my time going into shroud and then leaving very quickly to use other skills as part of my rotation for example landing a good old doom(core shroud 3) on a thief trying to leap smoke, then anet invents dare devil??? wow thx anet now I need a new skill deal with these thieves ahh yes spectral wall hello my old friend. Today I still use spectral wall to troll thieves trying to dagger storm. Seriously though we need to find a way to make reaper playable again without reapers onslaught.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

New idea: Instead of the healing, it now grants life stealing to attacks whilst in shroud. The crux of this being that the life steal damage is super low, but the healing is at a reasonable starting level but with low scaling. That way it can't be abused by going super tanky, but also isn't a super sustain when going full glassy.

They should have just left it as % of damage done period no changes neededAt most they could have cut the % value down to a lower number while in shroud to reduce its effects a bit while keeping the mechanic intact and flavorful to necromancer players.

life stealing if its scaling off healing power is bad design to be quite honest with you. People do not run healing power in power builds. This trait was perfect sustain for a power build.

The blood magic traits work off healing power which can be ran with condition damage and are more ideal for condition damage builds (despite then numbers still being trash) at least you can bolster them just a bit in your build. You cannot do that with a power build.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

They should have just left it as % of damage done period no changes neededAt most they could have cut the % value down to a lower number while in shroud to reduce its effects a bit while keeping the mechanic intact and flavorful to necromancer players.

life stealing if its scaling off healing power is bad design to be quite honest with you. People do not run healing power in power builds. This trait was perfect sustain for a power build.

The blood magic traits work off healing power which can be ran with condition damage and are more ideal for condition damage builds (despite then numbers still being trash) at least you can bolster them just a bit in your build. You cannot do that with a power build.

That's why I said for the heal scaling to be low but base heal to be fairly high, so it doesn't differ too much between full dps and tanky. Therefore its easier to balance for anet, not seen as op but good enough so we can at least get some half decent heals in shroud.Yeah I know I miss the heal per damage percentage but, as with almost every necro change (except Abrasive Grit), it ain't coming back.

I see a big difference now compared to pre nerf. I am getting killed more often or having to run away all the time to try and heal up. Thats not fun , even in dragonfall im getting ganked by mobs were before i could live, and you really cant run there, you tend to run into other mobs because everything is so close. I dont like it at all, im a melee fighter i dont want to have to run away because i have no way of sustaining myself some in a fight.

@Tiviana.2650 said:I see a big difference now compared to pre nerf. I am getting killed more often or having to run away all the time to try and heal up. Thats not fun , even in dragonfall im getting ganked by mobs were before i could live, and you really cant run there, you tend to run into other mobs because everything is so close. I dont like it at all, im a melee fighter i dont want to have to run away because i have no way of sustaining myself some in a fight.

How did you play pre-buff?

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Tiviana.2650 said:I see a big difference now compared to pre nerf. I am getting killed more often or having to run away all the time to try and heal up. Thats not fun , even in dragonfall im getting ganked by mobs were before i could live, and you really cant run there, you tend to run into other mobs because everything is so close. I dont like it at all, im a melee fighter i dont want to have to run away because i have no way of sustaining myself some in a fight.

Using warhorn and entering shroud. 4head

@XECOR.2814 said:

Using warhorn and entering shroud. 4head

How is that relevant to the scenario the person I quoted presented ?