External Hang-in and Mouse Macro Killing Battlefield

Blood song.9572

@alain.1659 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:It's not just China I guess, I often see mesmer pulling off the most amazing combo's. Could be they are really good, but could also be a nice shiny macro.

It can be done in a perfect execution as I have done it before. Although I am not a good player I did it once or twice with my mes in a heartbeat. But I cant imagine doing it all the time without failing as I am far behind that skill level.

Macros can be detected if you survive the primary combo. They are not fair and should be removed. Mesmers, thieves and dragonhunters are the main culprits in our server.

And you got my thumbs up OP. Sorry for the situation in china

I never understood why thieves would use macros tbh, I mean, it's not like we have that many buttons to start with. Still, it's not great when all you run into is cheating players. I ran into a soulbeast that would teleport close to 1500 range in order to point blank shot and rapid fire not long ago, he'd just stand there and wait for cooldowns to repeat. Predictable and not that fun to fight tbh.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:I never understood why thieves would use macros tbh, I mean, it's not like we have that many buttons to start with. Still, it's not great when all you run into is cheating players. I ran into a soulbeast that would teleport close to 1500 range in order to point blank shot and rapid fire not long ago, he'd just stand there and wait for cooldowns to repeat. Predictable and not that fun to fight tbh.

Two that come to mind is the look back then teleport on Dead Eye allowing thieves to quickly teleport forward with one keystroke.

Another is the Steal, Skirmishers Shot, Deaths Judgement combo which can be made into a single button press for massive damage. For those that don't know, a Deadeye can steal marking an opponent and going stealth, fire Skirmishers Shot then fire Deaths Judgement before Skirmishers Shot lands. Skirmishers Shot adds a malice stack before Death Judgement lands which in turn amps the damage of the stealth shot. Prior to the Deadeye stealth and Lead Attacks nerf, this combo was very OP and it still lands big shots on opponents but requires more setup now.

I fought a mirage who came from EU to NA and used macros. I was on mine (considered leaving NA for EU for more roaming fights)m however the output from the macros is gross. Unless I was the Flash, i couldn't nail attacks as fast as the macro could. I got to see 1st hand what it looks like on a Mirage as well as what macro they used (it was free online to an extent. Saw the website and everything)

@Straegen.2938 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:I never understood why thieves would use macros tbh, I mean, it's not like we have that many buttons to start with. Still, it's not great when all you run into is cheating players. I ran into a soulbeast that would teleport close to 1500 range in order to point blank shot and rapid fire not long ago, he'd just stand there and wait for cooldowns to repeat. Predictable and not that fun to fight tbh.

Two that come to mind is the look back then teleport on Dead Eye allowing thieves to quickly teleport forward with one keystroke.

Another is the Steal, Skirmishers Shot, Deaths Judgement combo which can be made into a single button press for massive damage. For those that don't know, a Deadeye can steal marking an opponent and going stealth, fire Skirmishers Shot then fire Deaths Judgement before Skirmishers Shot lands. Skirmishers Shot adds a malice stack before Death Judgement lands which in turn amps the damage of the stealth shot. Prior to the Deadeye stealth and Lead Attacks nerf, this combo was very OP and it still lands big shots on opponents but requires more setup now.

Yeah, I get what you're saying but neither of those are difficult if you have decent keybinds and know the timings for the skill queue though. I use the look back combo for withdraw sometimes but I don't bother doing it with death's retreat, I either use withdraw then use death's retreat when the camera is already set up or I just turn the mouse. I could understand why you might want to use a macro for some of the mesmer shatter combos at that's getting on for 7-8 button presses in some cases, but for thief it really does seem like overkill.

Edit; I also main thief and have only played thief for years, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt there.