RIP chrono

Ansau.7326

@otto.5684 said:

@"YtseJam.9784" said:

Seriously ANET, I've been a software engineer for almost 20 years now and in this time, I've never seen something as badly designed as this, and I've seen a lot of bad code and bad designs out there... but this tops that list. Think about your customer satisfaction, everyone hates this change and you need to do something about it. The one thing all these gray hairs have showed me is that sometimes you have to accept that you screwed up and bite your tongue and LISTEN to your customers and fix this and make it the way it was before.

I share your sentiment and agree whole heartedly, however if anything you should know about Anet, communication is not a strong suit. They would rather boast there own ego's then admit something is wrong. I suggest as i have to many others, and to me as well, not to take this up here in the forums anymore, this is getting out of hand. I'm going directly to NcSoft and petitioning a "no confidence" in the dev team.

like that time where there was a 40 page rage thread on the skyscale unlock. they ended the discussion with: we are happy with how it turned out. now kitten. /thread closed.

im very worried for the future of gw2.

After Gaile left the quality of forums moderation went down the drain. The forums moderation now is terrible.

And ya, much of what I liked about GW2 is kind of missing nowadays. The game is older, and there is definitely a fatigue factor, but the quality is not what it used to be.

The forum moderation was always bad, it is just a little worse now, everyone is supersensitive. This week someone got moderated for saying the balance is qq driven, which is nothing but true.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't fathom why they would make shatters require clones but not increase their survivability. They also nerfed MW damage and made CS start when the clones are shattered instead of when you press the button (intended I guess?) It's like they wanted to bring chrono in line but overworked their developers to the point that they royally botched the implementation. Was it Anet's plan to make playing chrono feel this awful? Who knows, it's not like they're going to reply to the community. I'd be amazed if the dev team reads any of these threads.

@"YtseJam.9784" said:It's been 1 week and no word from ANET. Their last posts were from release notes. I really would wish them to listen to all this user feedback and at least have the courtesy of replying.

Here I'll reply as ANerf:"We think chrono is now in a good spot thus all your opinions are invalid. See you in three months when we'll gut mirage."

@"YtseJam.9784" said:I feel the same way. You destroyed chrono. This is something completely different. Why would after so many years since chrono came out with HoT you go and do something like this? It makes no sense. And why only add this illusion restriction to chrono and not mirage? This nerf constant to the core and HoT specializations is to force us to play the crappy PoF classes. It's been like that since all the "balance" updates started after PoF came out. If you want us to play PoF classes, you should stop changing core game classes and HoT classes and focus on making the PoF stuff more attractive by itself, not by destroying the other specializations.

Pretty sure anet is gonna give all core classes F5 skills and elite wont have access to those

@Rico.6873 said:

@"YtseJam.9784" said:I feel the same way. You destroyed chrono. This is something completely different. Why would after so many years since chrono came out with HoT you go and do something like this? It makes no sense. And why only add this illusion restriction to chrono and not mirage? This nerf constant to the core and HoT specializations is to force us to play the crappy PoF classes. It's been like that since all the "balance" updates started after PoF came out. If you want us to play PoF classes, you should stop changing core game classes and HoT classes and focus on making the PoF stuff more attractive by itself, not by destroying the other specializations.

Pretty sure anet is gonna give all core classes F5 skills and elite wont have access to those

That was done with engineer and revenant. So revs are like "we lose F2 so no trade off!" .

I don't know I haven't played Chrono since HoT, but during this time in fractals I almost never used shatters before I had clones up. There were some emergency situations where I had to use distortion to prevent damage, but other than that, I always maxed the clones out to go for full effect.

Isn't the whining - like always - totally over the top overdriven?

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:I don't know I haven't played Chrono since HoT, but during this time in fractals I almost never used shatters before I had clones up. There were some emergency situations where I had to use distortion to prevent damage, but other than that, I always maxed the clones out to go for full effect.

If you ask this maybe you don't have enough chrono experience.First off 4 clone shatter is better than 3 clone shatter. The new shatters are the same and f1 is even worse than the core counterpart.When you used CS you could still shatter yourself with the other Fs.Without IP shattering is now clunker, slower and more predictable.Some combos are dead, some of which are the base of mesmer profession.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:I don't know I haven't played Chrono since HoT, but during this time in fractals I almost never used shatters before I had clones up. There were some emergency situations where I had to use distortion to prevent damage, but other than that, I always maxed the clones out to go for full effect.

If you ask this maybe you don't have enough chrono experience.First off 4 clone shatter is better than 3 clone shatter. The new shatters are the same and f1 is even worse than the core counterpart.When you used CS you could still shatter yourself with the other Fs.Without IP shattering is now clunker, slower and more predictable.Some combos are dead, some of which are the base of mesmer profession.

Ah yes, you can't self shatter, too. No, I really haven't played Chrono since HoT times, so I forgot a lot. Shame.