Do WvW players enjoy PvE?

TheBravery.9615

@nthmetal.9652 said:While PvE and WvW are clearly distinctive game modes, and require you to learn different things, I love both.For WvW, learning rotations is helpful, but learning how to react to enemy movements and actions is more important IMO. Likewise, investing into gear and traits that will help you survive is actually very useful. It can make your game a lot more relaxed. I enjoy the feeling of a tight community; you benefit greatly from cooperating with other people, adjusting to each other and thus creating synergies. Communication is a very important key skill. Commitment is very helpful.

In PvE encounters follow (more or less) set patterns. Learn the patterns and you can deal with almost anyting. You can optimize on damage without worrying about survival. You can do a lot of stuff on your own; in fact some of the stuff you're forced to do on your own, while with a lot of other stuff, you can casually drop in and out without a long-term time consuming commitment.That said, certain aspects of PvE really benefit from adjusting to each other. E.g. since I switched to Spellbreaker as my main, fractals with my guildies have never been so easy.

I dislike PvE, and you kinda explained why.

PvE is mainly about learning patterns and rotations, so you can focus on dps. To me this makes the combat mundane unlike PvP or WvW, which is dynamic with each encounter.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@enkidu.5937 said:

@"Baldrick.8967" said:What is this PVE you speak of?

Back in the old days, where every map in GW2 (aka WvW) had queues, ppl were sent to a waiting room, called PvE. Ppl were waiting for hours, and so some of them got lost into deeper PvE levels, which are called the "limbo". It is told, that some poor souls are still wandering there, maybe lost forever...

Limbo
"Limbo exists as a space that is not played by any one individual, but is a shared space where any mind can make drastic alterations of any kind without limits or obstacles. Because of the apparent lack of limitations, limbo is a dimension that can allow a player to manifest their deepest desires, but also unwittingly trap themselves in a world where they lose their awareness that the world created is not reality.

Limbo can be entered by traveling deeper through the play levels."

taken from:

Warframe has a frame called limbo, who can travel into another dimension...

To op, i never rly enjoyed pve alot, the only thing i did was doing map exploration 2 or 3? Times, because it can be quite relaxing while watching something else on the second screen. But fractals, raids etc i despise, i havent even set food in an uncleared raid once.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Everyone is running around with legendary weapons.

That ends the discussion.

Legendaries dont require loads of pve... Even someone who dont likes pve can overcome that small obstacle. Old legendaries atleast.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Back in the old days, where every map in GW2 (aka WvW) had queues, ppl were sent to a waiting room, called PvE. Ppl were waiting for hours, and so some of them got lost into deeper PvE levels, which are called the "limbo". It is told, that some poor souls are still wandering there, maybe lost forever...

Limbo
"Limbo exists as a space that is not played by any one individual, but is a shared space where any mind can make drastic alterations of any kind without limits or obstacles. Because of the apparent lack of limitations, limbo is a dimension that can allow a player to manifest their deepest desires, but also unwittingly trap themselves in a world where they lose their awareness that the world created is not reality.

taken from:

To op, i never rly enjoyed pve alot, the only thing i did was doing map exploration 2 or 3? Times, because it can be quite relaxing while watching something else on the second screen. But fractals, raids etc i despise, i havent even set food in an uncleared raid once.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Everyone is running around with legendary weapons.

Legendaries dont require loads of pve... Even someone who dont likes pve can overcome that small obstacle. Old legendaries atleast.

Astralaria says hi.

@Optimator.3589 said:

Limbo

taken from:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Everyone is running around with legendary weapons.

Astralaria says hi.

"Old legendaries atleast" - said hi.

Pve:. + awesome maps/environments, artists at their best. + living story is fun. + mounts (eg roller beetle) fun to chill with

. - boring predictable mob combat, no finishers (only those few lw1 enemies). - bullet sponge boss hp forcing rotational repetitive combat gameplay, with stupidly contrived mechanics that have to be "learnt/memorised" (which I absolutely hate)

Wvw:. + slightly more unpredictable combat in medium/small scale, more fun vs players.. + lower hp and finishers allow more stylish non-rotational play.

. - seriously dull maps (would welcome new third bl). - boring blob combat. - repetitive pve objectives

@"Curunen.8729" said:Pve:. + awesome maps/environments, artists at their best. + living story is fun. + mounts (eg roller beetle) fun to chill with

. - boring predictable mob combat, no finishers (only those few lw1 enemies). - bullet sponge boss hp forcing rotational repetitive combat gameplay, with stupidly contrived mechanics that have to be "learnt/memorised" (which I absolutely hate)

Wvw:. + slightly more unpredictable combat in medium/small scale, more fun vs players.. + lower hp and finishers allow more stylish non-rotational play.

. - seriously dull maps (would welcome new third bl). - boring blob combat. - repetitive pve objectives

we should introduce player killing in open world pve

then it'd be the best of both worlds!

@TheBravery.9615 said:

@"Curunen.8729" said:Pve:. + awesome maps/environments, artists at their best. + living story is fun. + mounts (eg roller beetle) fun to chill with

we should introduce player killing in open world pve

then it'd be the best of both worlds!But by that same logic introducing more PvE to WvW would also be the best of both worlds?

See, its obvious people love PvE.