One-hit dismount without knockdown penalty

Tao.5096

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:Here's where the contradiction lies.

There are tons of "roamers" on the forums claiming roaming sucks now that mounts are in WvW.

Are you all on the same server?Since the answer is likely no, why aren't you all fighting each other 1v1 in WvW?

Some manage to play WvW with a broken mount for 3+months, some dont.

The contradiction is they all claim to want fights on the forums, but are all mounted up and trolling eachother in game to see if the other guy will blow their kit to dismount them. If they all wanted the fights as claimed, mounts are a non issue.

The contradiction to me is WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN A OPEN WORLD PVP MAP IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO PVP ?

PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way. A support build running back to its PPT zerg is doing the right thing by avoiding being singled out and ganked, and using the available tools to do so.

There seems to be no shortage of roamers who want to fight it out the way you describe on the forums, so why arent the WvW maps as populated with these players as the forums are? Do these folks not wish to fight others who are set up for the same, and are only mad because they cant gank builds not set up for the same?

EXACTLY

If there are so many roamers upset about not being able to fight mounted players... then why aren't they just fighting each other?

Oh yeah, it's not about fights.

PVP is honestly better for small scale fights. Night and day better. WvW is for large scale, team based, coordinated fights. The fact there's room for havok teams means it's designed fairly well. The intent is for large scale fights. So saying it's a "PVP map" is an ignorant over-simplification.

Simplification that is also technically true. PvP isnt better for small scale as I came from PvP a long time ago. I was a hardcore PvP'er and left to try WvW and while it IS night and day, imo its way better from a PvP/dueler perspective as theres no restriction on build diversity (perfect for PvP). WvW is also technically a PvP map, however in a larger scale.

As for intent, unless a dev stated one way or the other, saying what WvW is meant for is being subjective (as there have been many debates with no confirmation)

Build diversity is not necessarily better for PvP. Players think it's better, but honestly it doesn't mean the quality of the pvp is better. There's a good reason you cannot construct bunker builds in PvP, and the quality of the fights are better for it.

Speaking of quality, why would you say WvW is better from a PvP/dueler perspective? How is that even possible? You cannot guarantee much of anything in WvW resulting in a wildly different experience from fight to fight. PvP is far more constrained, and as a result it's better balanced and less lopsided.

You can play semantics all you want, but it's pretty obvious that WvW is team vs. team, not player vs. player. It's only PvP in the sense that your playing against other "players" but that's the end of it. Everything else is just wishful thinking.

Its not a matter of semantics but actuality. The thrill of the fight (from a dueler perspective) is not knowing what you will be up against as it breaks the monotony that PvP's restrictions brings. Its the only true way that you can get better is by going up against everything you can. Learn the true unrestricted strengths and weaknesses that every class/build provides and learn to adapt better than in PvP.

As a PvP'er/WvW commander/havoc/Calvary and solo/duo roamer, I believe I have enough experience to not only make this claim, but to back it up as well with experience. If you dont care for roamers/duelers in WvW that fine, however a true "PvP Experience" is to be able to expect the unexpected.

I see your argument but you're trying to win a "WvW is better PvP argument"... and this thread is about dismounting opponents easier. Your argument doesn't justify needing to easily dismount team-based players in a team-based play mode. In fact it's a counter. Does dismounting a team player really meet your stated goal of "the only true way that you can get better is by going up against everything you can". Nope, that wouldn't be genuine.

It's a common thread I see from gankers... PvP is a competitive mode... PvP is honorable... PvP is about fights... WvW is PvP RAWR!!!! But then you ask for things which don't satisfy anything you said regarding why you love PvP. Stop pretending it's about competition -- these requests are so blatantly disingenuous.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:"Eotm is dead" - - - youre 2 years late, at least"you cant snipe people in zergs from sides" - - they fight dismounted

All this isnt really a QQ about roaming. It is about being unable to gank zerglings running back to the zerg (they couldnt really out up much resistance, being on zerg builds) or the hapless pve fools who were running around in eotm and died faster than the mosquiro npc. Honestly, where is even the remotest semblance of fun in killing people over and over when they cant even fight back? "Roaming has been limited so heavily" NO it hasnt. People run in small groups of 2-3, in roam builds, where you probably cant oneshot gank them like youre used to.

kitten bullocks mate, ive seen people run from 1v1 a million time since mount release and tried to asks 'why'Mostly they respond with 'youll kill me' or my favoriete 'im not equiped to fight players'

Basicly they want to run around unpunnished and in the middle of their comfort zone in pvp environment and the mounts Let Them do that.

But Lets say you are right, and there's roaming to do. Ive been in countless roaming guilds Both EU (SLAP, QQ and NNJA for example) and NA (SNKY, YUM, ROLL for example)and all those guilds have a big thing in common,They have seen their glorydays and sometimes a few people logging in to play for a few days to find themselves in the following:
  1. They bored of easyness of pof specs and easy to pull off rezzes by scourge and firebrand
  2. They bored of lazy player attitude as mentioned before
  3. They annoyed by the fact they Can pull off equal numbered fights or decent fights in general

Most of those guilds died, or have seen the glorydays and to be fair; the game is rather old that IT was inevitable to see a few people goThe people whom i talked with are rather bored and the 2-3 man squads you talk about here are always in the same settings and running only the 'currently strongest', on top of that they rather pick fights with stragglers then even numbers

Edit: some of the guilds roam havock outsider their raid Times, like ROLL, im talking about that havock...not the raids

I hate to break it to you, bud, but not everyone is interested in 1v1. Mount or no mount.

I Hate to break IT to you, im not always interested in 1v5 but got to swallow IT rather then running away...

Its a pvp environment on which it should be able to happen on Both fronts and not 'OMG a FIGHT WITH A DOLYAK LETS GOOOOOO BOYS''OMG a FIGHT, WITH A PLAYER RUN RUN, LEAVE THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN'

Hate to break it to you again, bud, but not everyone is interested in zerging, not everyone likes pvding, not everyone is into dueling. It may come as a surprise, but people CAN choose what they like and avoid what they dont like. Even in a wvw environment.

Next time when we play in an open world PvP environment, say, a battle royale, please don't shoot me, i don't like fighting players til the last circle.

Quoting @SoV.5139 PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way. A support build running back to its PPT zerg is doing the right thing by avoiding being singled out and ganked, and using the available tools to do so.

There seems to be no shortage of roamers who want to fight it out the way you describe on the forums, so why arent the WvW maps as populated with these players as the forums are? Do these folks not wish to fight others who are set up for the same, and are only mad because they cant gank builds not set up for the same?

This covers it.

@juno.1840 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:Here's where the contradiction lies.

There are tons of "roamers" on the forums claiming roaming sucks now that mounts are in WvW.

Are you all on the same server?Since the answer is likely no, why aren't you all fighting each other 1v1 in WvW?

Some manage to play WvW with a broken mount for 3+months, some dont.

The contradiction is they all claim to want fights on the forums, but are all mounted up and trolling eachother in game to see if the other guy will blow their kit to dismount them. If they all wanted the fights as claimed, mounts are a non issue.

The contradiction to me is WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN A OPEN WORLD PVP MAP IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO PVP ?

PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way. A support build running back to its PPT zerg is doing the right thing by avoiding being singled out and ganked, and using the available tools to do so.

EXACTLY

If there are so many roamers upset about not being able to fight mounted players... then why aren't they just fighting each other?

Oh yeah, it's not about fights.

PVP is honestly better for small scale fights. Night and day better. WvW is for large scale, team based, coordinated fights. The fact there's room for havok teams means it's designed fairly well. The intent is for large scale fights. So saying it's a "PVP map" is an ignorant over-simplification.

Simplification that is also technically true. PvP isnt better for small scale as I came from PvP a long time ago. I was a hardcore PvP'er and left to try WvW and while it IS night and day, imo its way better from a PvP/dueler perspective as theres no restriction on build diversity (perfect for PvP). WvW is also technically a PvP map, however in a larger scale.

As for intent, unless a dev stated one way or the other, saying what WvW is meant for is being subjective (as there have been many debates with no confirmation)

Build diversity is not necessarily better for PvP. Players think it's better, but honestly it doesn't mean the quality of the pvp is better. There's a good reason you cannot construct bunker builds in PvP, and the quality of the fights are better for it.

Speaking of quality, why would you say WvW is better from a PvP/dueler perspective? How is that even possible? You cannot guarantee much of anything in WvW resulting in a wildly different experience from fight to fight. PvP is far more constrained, and as a result it's better balanced and less lopsided.

You can play semantics all you want, but it's pretty obvious that WvW is team vs. team, not player vs. player. It's only PvP in the sense that your playing against other "players" but that's the end of it. Everything else is just wishful thinking.

Its not a matter of semantics but actuality. The thrill of the fight (from a dueler perspective) is not knowing what you will be up against as it breaks the monotony that PvP's restrictions brings. Its the only true way that you can get better is by going up against everything you can. Learn the true unrestricted strengths and weaknesses that every class/build provides and learn to adapt better than in PvP.

As a PvP'er/WvW commander/havoc/Calvary and solo/duo roamer, I believe I have enough experience to not only make this claim, but to back it up as well with experience. If you dont care for roamers/duelers in WvW that fine, however a true "PvP Experience" is to be able to expect the unexpected.

I see your argument but you're trying to win a "WvW is better PvP argument"... and this thread is about dismounting opponents easier. Your argument doesn't justify needing to easily dismount team-based players in a team-based play mode. In fact it's a counter. Does dismounting a team player really meet your stated goal of "the only true way that you can get better is by going up against everything you can". Nope, that wouldn't be genuine.

Actually my argument was that WvW is good for PvP as well.

In terms of being genuine, it certainly is. Think about it...PvP'ing is about fighting another player, despite what they bring to the table. Not necessarily only physical skill, but also intellectual. If you can force someone to engage, thus dismounting without wasting 0 (or little) cooldowns, you are 1 step already to winning the matchup. PvPing isnt only about fighting the player, but outsmarting them as well. Strategy is the key to any good PvP fight whether in WvW or in a PvP arena. Strategy can also help get someone dismounted if one is good/smart enough. It's all about how you play with both you and the opponents strengths and weaknesses (mount counting as strength)

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Hate to break it to you again, bud, but not everyone is interested in zerging, not everyone likes pvding, not everyone is into dueling. It may come as a surprise, but people CAN choose what they like and avoid what they dont like. Even in a wvw environment.

Next time when we play in an open world PvP environment, say, a battle royale, please don't shoot me, i don't like fighting players til the last circle.

Quoting @SoV.5139 PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way. A support build running back to its PPT zerg is doing the right thing by avoiding being singled out and ganked, and using the available tools to do so.

Open world PvP means just that. If you are attacked you do one of 3 things:Die, Escape, Fight.

If someone is specced to stop players from meeting back up with their group, then thats their role. It is more effective if they manage to stop supports from regrouping with their zerg.

Theres like 10-12 servers.Different timezones.5 different maps.

The odds of fighting someone on these forums, especially from a low population of people who roam religiously is already slim given the games WvW population.

And if they did want to fight players set up for the same then they do SPvP.

This thread confirms more than ever that in 2019 WvW is full of PvE players, be they zerglings who want to be left alone in a PvP zone to go spam AOE/PvDoor or "roamers" who care so little for any sort of skill or even vaguely decent gameplay that they are desperate for dull, one sided "PvP" against people with no chance in zerg builds.

As "PvP" players what is left of the WvW playerbase is so PvE it is funny.

I think I get the PvE players here now... "I can possibly die unfairly or die at all really... Therefore mount is gud because it helps prevent/limit that".

Okay, from now on... When I and/or other allies are in a Tower or some objective that my team own's. And I/we get challenged outnumbered or not. They have to ask me/us first if they can try to take it. At which point I/we can ether except or decline. All done in a voting processes. Don't worry though... If the vote is "No" the enemy can still engage with the tower. The tower will just only evade everything the whole time by remaining invulnerable. Also, if the vote is a split decision... The objective will just remain remain invulnerable still. And maybe the objective only excepts damage every few seconds about every 20-30 mins to keep things real exciting! <3 ? <3 ? <3 ?

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Quoting @"SoV.5139" PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way. A support build running back to its PPT zerg is doing the right thing by avoiding being singled out and ganked, and using the available tools to do so.

Open world PvP means just that. If you are attacked you do one of 3 things:Die, Escape, Fight.

If someone is specced to stop players from meeting back up with their group, then thats their role. It is more effective if they manage to stop supports from regrouping with their zerg.

You said it yourself... "escape" is an option. They are using the Warclaw for it. Maybe you just need to adapt and bring a build that's more suited to that role.

@"Whiteout.1975" said:I think I get the PvE players here now... "I can possibly die unfairly or die at all really... Therefore mount is gud because it helps prevent/limit that".

Okay, from now on... When I and/or other allies are in a Tower or some objective that my team own's. And I/we get challenged outnumbered or not. They have to ask me/us first if they can try to take it. At which point I/we can ether except or decline. All done in a voting processes. Don't worry though... If the vote is "No" the enemy can still engage with the tower. The tower will just only evade everything the whole time by remaining invulnerable. Also, if the vote is a split decision... The objective will just remain remain invulnerable still. And maybe the objective only excepts damage every few seconds about every 20-30 mins to keep things real exciting! <3 ? <3 ? <3 ?

Except these are large team players optimized for their large team role. They're not PvErs. Either you are grossly ignorant of WvW as a whole, or your know that already and are deliberately trolling with an insulting post.

Surely a real PvP player wouldn't recommend bringing a sub-optimum build to a competitive team-based game mode?

Roaming =/= Killing Zerglings.

Roaming = backcapping objectives and killing defenders trying to hold out for reinforcements.

They already made it so that Mounted players can't contribute to capture, so it forces people to fight if they wanna defend anything.

@juno.1840 said:

Quoting @"SoV.5139" PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way. A support build running back to its PPT zerg is doing the right thing by avoiding being singled out and ganked, and using the available tools to do so.

You said it yourself... "escape" is an option. They are using the Warclaw for it. Maybe you just need to adapt and bring a build that's more suited to that role.

Not escaping much of anything when your purser is also on a warclaw and you run through their territory. And escape in this situation menas if you are attacked you break off from the fight and escape. Every class aside from core necros and probably scourges are capable of doing this.

@"Sylosi.6503" said:This thread confirms more than ever that in 2019 WvW is full of PvE players, be they zerglings who want to be left alone in a PvP zone to go spam AOE/PvDoor or "roamers" who care so little for any sort of skill or even vaguely decent gameplay that they are desperate for dull, one sided "PvP" against people with no chance in zerg builds.

lol what do you expect from a PvE focused game where you need to press a button to kill people and both PvP modes are on maintenance mode ?High skill gameplay ?

@juno.1840 said:

@"Whiteout.1975" said:I think I get the PvE players here now... "I can possibly die unfairly or die at all really... Therefore mount is gud because it helps prevent/limit that".

Okay, from now on... When I and/or other allies are in a Tower or some objective that my team own's. And I/we get challenged outnumbered or not. They have to ask me/us first
if
they can try to take it. At which point I/we can ether except or decline. All done in a voting processes. Don't worry though... If the vote is "No" the enemy can still engage with the tower. The tower will just only evade everything the whole time by remaining invulnerable. Also,
if
the vote is a split decision... The objective will just remain remain invulnerable still. And
maybe
the objective only excepts damage every few seconds about every 20-30 mins to keep things real exciting! <3 ? <3 ? <3 ?

Except these are large team players optimized for their large team role. They're not PvErs. Either you are grossly ignorant of WvW as a whole, or your know that already and are deliberately trolling with an insulting post.

Surely a real PvP player wouldn't recommend bringing a sub-optimum build to a competitive team-based game mode?

Yea I was trolling a bit lol, but with a purpose.

What's wrong with being a PvE player? I also have no problem with "team players". In fact, I prefer "team players". However, if you're just showing up to play, but not actually giving a solid effort to the cause you're fighting for... Like actually having a useful build for starters. That's not a team player to me. And I've met ton's of non-team players. It's like sure, not wanting to fight someone because you think they might have an advantage over you is reasonable. However, it's unreasonable IMO to think that the game basically owe's you a right of safe passage with perhaps very limited/specific counters... No matter the kind of player you are. Which basically hurts diversity in the end.

• Also, something I've seen a ton of is player's not actually swamping out their utility skills for greater chances of survival if not with their group/zerg. Sometimes even trying to swamp weapon's for their utility also. Just a reminder for those that never really bother.

If you feel "insulted". Welp, sorry... But perhaps you/others have a better idea of what it's like to be called a "ganker" (addressed in a degrading way) when you're actually just a Roamer doing your job. Basically generalizing nearly all Roamer's as "Gankers". Speaking of which, the double standard of people making it seem like only roamers can "gank" and zerg's can't gank is just crazy to me. I've played with and around zergs before who Portal bomb, Veil, Hide around corners... So that they can have a upper hand. Is it cheesy? Sure, it can be. Is it often a smart tactic? Absolutely.

In my post I'm showing the toxicity in being given basically free reign over battles. From a different perspective. To where players feel "comfortable"around when and when not to fight. It results in further dull gameplay that directly conflicts with WvW's PvP agenda. WvW grow's off conflict. Being killed and wanting to "get that player back" for killing you is apart of the force that drives it. Not everything is suppose to go your way. And that's a good thing... because then you find better reason to do actually something about it.

• Here is a bit of extra irony though. So far Roamers are told to hop on very specific/limited builds as if there is no problem. How about a zerg player hops on a "1v1 build" to fight against the roamer then instead of playing how they like? Again, double standards. This isn't a one way street. Also, FYI not all Roamers are spec'd for 1v1 specifically, but rather 1vX. And I only started talking about "builds" now in general because you @juno.1840 brought it up to be fair here.

If you wish to learn more about roamers... Here you go: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World

• I'll quote one sentence from there: "Roamers generally require high survivability and escapability." Roamer's take a higher risk of being outmanned in WvW... That's often why they're built the way they are. Just like Zerg players being built how they are. It's fine to build yourself to suit a specific role. Just try to be useful... Or don't and suffer the greater consequence's.

Warclaw, with how it's implemented, interferes with the role's and diversity of roamers. That's the issue and that's largely why it's a problem.

@juno.1840 said: Surely a real PvP player wouldn't recommend bringing a sub-optimum build to a competitive team-based game mode?

WvW being competitive? I suppose it can be... If you consider low quality PvP competitive. Then I agree 100%... And IMO, a "real PvP player" wouldn't try to put/leave heavy restraints on "PvP" in a PvP mode. The greater risk of death is what further helps drive it.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

The odds of fighting someone on these forums, especially from a low population of people who roam religiously is already slim given the games WvW population.

Escape is an option. Losing is an option. Winning is an option. Personally, I like large scale fights, some havoc, the occasional duel here and there when someone attacks me while capping a camp, sentry or defending stuff. I am 100% aware that I can get oneshot when trying to get back to the zerg after dying, that is ok. I am aware 2-3 gankers will try to dismount and kill me fast, thats also ok. Dismount button is coming, anyway. What irks me is this : people who used to play an overpowered gank oneshot build that got nerfed, play another class with another overpowered gank oneshot build and have the audacity to tell me how to play wvw. The notion that I somehow HAVE to stay and fight every "roamer" because this is a competitive gamemode.I am not a pver by the way.

@Voltekka.2375 said:What irks me is this : people who used to play an overpowered gank oneshot build that got nerfed, play another class with another overpowered gank oneshot build and have the audacity to tell me how to play wvw.

And yet not even one person here stated the class and build they play in wvw.So you get pissed out of your imagination?

@Tao.5096 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:What irks me is this : people who used to play an overpowered gank oneshot build that got nerfed, play another class with another overpowered gank oneshot build and have the audacity to tell me how to play wvw.

And yet not even one person here stated the class and build they play in wvw.So you get pissed out of your imagination?

There are other topics where commenters state what they played and what they switched to. Try to be more civil, by the way. Goes a long way if you actually care about having a proper discussion.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

What irks me is this : people who used to play an overpowered gank oneshot build that got nerfed, play another class with another overpowered gank oneshot build and have the audacity to tell me how to play wvw. The notion that I somehow HAVE to stay and fight every "roamer" because this is a competitive gamemode.

Its not that people are telling you that you have to fight every "roamer". Its that if you aren't running a roaming build and you are caught out in the open all alone then you should be at an extreme disadvantage. Sure you are fully obligated to attempt to escape, while the "roamer" is surely obligated to cut off your zerg from reinforcements by killing you. Much like if a "roamer" tries to help defend bay because they want that sweet waypoint, they, much like you earlier would be at an extreme disadvantage because they are not built to deal with large scale. The problem arises when one of those two disadvantages is 100% negated by the current state of mounts. You with your large scale build are not disadvantaged or punished for being caught alone in a small scale fight because of your mount. Whilst the "roamer" still has to live with their trade off, that being their inability to help deal with large scale.

This severely diminishes the role of one player and significantly bolsters the effectiveness of another. It further dumbs down what was once a diversified game mode, which had many different styles of play. It further removes skill, ability and player coordination from the game.

Most old school "roamers" that I know have long abandoned this game due to many previous reasons of which mounts are only the latest. (I still hate gliding so much, I could write a novel about it). But the few of us that remain still get some enjoyment out of the husk of what this game could have been. Mounts however are simply a bridge too far and break the game on a whole new level. Anet seem to agree, with the upcoming dismount skill.

I only hope it is the first of many changes that will be brought to mounts in WvW, or else this game mode will surpass even my low expectations and devolve into a continuous game of ring around the rosie, where everyone goes round and round the map in our respective zergs each avoiding the other in a perpetual loop of monotony.

@Doug.4930 said:

What irks me is this : people who used to play an overpowered gank oneshot build that got nerfed, play another class with another overpowered gank oneshot build and have the audacity to tell me how to play wvw. The notion that I somehow HAVE to stay and fight every "roamer" because this is a competitive gamemode.

Its not that people are telling you that you have to fight every "roamer". Its that if you aren't running a roaming build and you are caught out in the open all alone then you should be at an extreme disadvantage. Sure you are fully obligated to attempt to escape, while the "roamer" is surely obligated to cut off your zerg from reinforcements by killing you. Much like if a "roamer" tries to help defend bay because they want that sweet waypoint, they, much like you earlier would be at an extreme disadvantage because they are not built to deal with large scale. The problem arises when one of those two disadvantages is 100% negated by the current state of mounts. You with your large scale build are not disadvantaged or punished for being caught alone in a small scale fight because of your mount. Whilst the "roamer" still has to live with their trade off, that being their inability to help deal with large scale.

This severely diminishes the role of one player and significantly bolsters the effectiveness of another. It further dumbs down what was once a diversified game mode, which had many different styles of play. It further removes skill, ability and player coordination from the game.

Most old school "roamers" that I know have long abandoned this game due to many previous reasons of which mounts are only the latest. (I still hate gliding so much, I could write a novel about it). But the few of us that remain still get some enjoyment out of the husk of what this game could have been. Mounts however are simply a bridge too far and break the game on a whole new level. Anet seem to agree, with the upcoming dismount skill.

I only hope it is the first of many changes that will be brought to mounts in WvW, or else this game mode will surpass even my low expectations and devolve into a continuous game of ring around the rosie, where everyone goes round and round the map in our respective zergs each avoiding the other in a perpetual loop of monotony.

People are leaving GW2 because they cant gank zerg support builds on roaming builds?

@spectrito.8513 said:

@"Sylosi.6503" said:This thread confirms more than ever that in 2019 WvW is full of PvE players, be they zerglings who want to be left alone in a PvP zone to go spam AOE/PvDoor or "roamers" who care so little for any sort of skill or even vaguely decent gameplay that they are desperate for dull, one sided "PvP" against people with no chance in zerg builds.

lol what do you expect from a PvE focused game where you need to press a button to kill people and both PvP modes are on maintenance mode ?High skill gameplay ?

High skill game play would be roamer builds fighting other roamer builds.

Lets not confuse that with roamers getting mad because they cant gank zerg support builds who dont want to take 1v1s, which the mount helps them to avoid.

If you guys do get your way and it becomes easier to gank zerg support builds running back to their zerg, this will not restore one iota of high skill game play.

@SoV.5139 said:

Lets not confuse that with roamers getting mad because they cant gank zerg support builds who dont want to take 1v1s, which the mount helps them to avoid.

If you guys do get your way and it becomes easier to gank zerg support builds running back to their zerg, this will not restore one iota of high skill game play.

The problem with people that only play WvW in a zerg is that they dont know what happens outside zergs.Roaming is not about picking a thief and gank people between spawn and keep.Alpine BL's were so much more populated pre-mount with so many different buildsNow we only play on EBG with cheese builds because it's the only way we can dismount people and get fights.I used to roam on a sword weaver build i couldnt gank people not even if i wanted toWe have less people playing, less build diversity, ganking is way worse than before and we play only in 1 map.Now i can only fights if i gank people in EB with a 1 shot build and where most zerglings are.All this because people find WvW unplayable if they die walking from spawn to keep to a backstab thief

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

The problem with people that only play WvW in a zerg is that they dont know what happens outside zergs.Roaming is not about picking a thief and gank people between spawn and keep.Alpine BL's were so much more populated pre-mount with so many different buildsNow we only play on EBG with cheese builds because it's the only way we can dismount people and get fights.I used to roam on a sword weaver build i couldnt gank people not even if i wanted toWe have less people playing, less build diversity, ganking is way worse than before and we play only in 1 map.Now i can only fights if i gank people in EB with a 1 shot build and where most zerglings are.All this because people find WvW unplayable if they die walking from spawn to keep to a backstab thief

Or catch someone capping a point. I love those kind of fights...I feel like I do get a prize for winning (when if I am defending).

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

We''ll see if youre right once they put the dismount skill in the game, and if the cheese builds disappear. My money in the office pool is on them not only NOT disappearing, but multiplying. They were there long before mounts, and will be there long after.

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

We''ll see if youre right once they put the dismount skill in the game, and if the cheese builds disappear. My money in the office pool is on them not only NOT disappearing, but multiplying. They were there long before mounts, and will be there long after.

Dismount skill doesnt do anything aside from giving the outnumbered team more of a disadvantage.

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

Nothing will change.Dismount skill only works if you're mounted too, people will play cheese builds to dismount if they're not mountedUnless Anet change Warclaw HP, dodges and bonus speed, Warclaw will be used as a shield and a ganking tool

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

Dismount skill doesnt do anything aside from giving the outnumbered team more of a disadvantage.

Thats kind of the point. Lets see what happens to the "cheese build head count" after it is implemented.

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

Nothing will change.Dismount skill only works if you're mounted too, people will play cheese builds to dismount if they're not mountedUnless Anet change Warclaw HP, dodges and bonus speed, Warclaw will be used as a shield and a ganking tool

People playing cheese builds solely due to not being willing to let a support necro slide past the grid three times a week? :p