@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@juno.1840 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:
    Here's where the contradiction lies.
    There are tons of "roamers" on the forums claiming roaming sucks now that mounts are in WvW.
    Are you all on the same server?
    Since the answer is likely no, why aren't you all fighting each other 1v1 in WvW?

Some manage to play WvW with a broken mount for 3+months, some dont.

The contradiction is they all claim to want fights on the forums, but are all mounted up and trolling eachother in game to see if the other guy will blow their kit to dismount them. If they all wanted the fights as claimed, mounts are a non issue.

The contradiction to me is WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN A OPEN WORLD PVP MAP IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO PVP ?

PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way. A support build running back to its PPT zerg is doing the right thing by avoiding being singled out and ganked, and using the available tools to do so.

There seems to be no shortage of roamers who want to fight it out the way you describe on the forums, so why arent the WvW maps as populated with these players as the forums are? Do these folks not wish to fight others who are set up for the same, and are only mad because they cant gank builds not set up for the same?

EXACTLY

If there are so many roamers upset about not being able to fight mounted players... then why aren't they just fighting each other?

Oh yeah, it's not about fights.

PVP is honestly better for small scale fights. Night and day better. WvW is for large scale, team based, coordinated fights. The fact there's room for havok teams means it's designed fairly well. The intent is for large scale fights. So saying it's a "PVP map" is an ignorant over-simplification.

Simplification that is also technically true. PvP isnt better for small scale as I came from PvP a long time ago. I was a hardcore PvP'er and left to try WvW and while it IS night and day, imo its way better from a PvP/dueler perspective as theres no restriction on build diversity (perfect for PvP). WvW is also technically a PvP map, however in a larger scale.

As for intent, unless a dev stated one way or the other, saying what WvW is meant for is being subjective (as there have been many debates with no confirmation)

Build diversity is not necessarily better for PvP. Players think it's better, but honestly it doesn't mean the quality of the pvp is better. There's a good reason you cannot construct bunker builds in PvP, and the quality of the fights are better for it.

Speaking of quality, why would you say WvW is better from a PvP/dueler perspective? How is that even possible? You cannot guarantee much of anything in WvW resulting in a wildly different experience from fight to fight. PvP is far more constrained, and as a result it's better balanced and less lopsided.

You can play semantics all you want, but it's pretty obvious that WvW is team vs. team, not player vs. player. It's only PvP in the sense that your playing against other "players" but that's the end of it. Everything else is just wishful thinking.

Its not a matter of semantics but actuality. The thrill of the fight (from a dueler perspective) is not knowing what you will be up against as it breaks the monotony that PvP's restrictions brings. Its the only true way that you can get better is by going up against everything you can. Learn the true unrestricted strengths and weaknesses that every class/build provides and learn to adapt better than in PvP.

As a PvP'er/WvW commander/havoc/Calvary and solo/duo roamer, I believe I have enough experience to not only make this claim, but to back it up as well with experience. If you dont care for roamers/duelers in WvW that fine, however a true "PvP Experience" is to be able to expect the unexpected.

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• juno.1840juno.1840 Member ✭✭✭

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@juno.1840 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@juno.1840 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:
    There are tons of "roamers" on the forums claiming roaming sucks now that mounts are in WvW.
    Since the answer is likely no, why aren't you all fighting each other 1v1 in WvW?

The contradiction is they all claim to want fights on the forums, but are all mounted up and trolling eachother in game to see if the other guy will blow their kit to dismount them. If they all wanted the fights as claimed, mounts are a non issue.

The contradiction to me is WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN A OPEN WORLD PVP MAP IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO PVP ?

PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way. A support build running back to its PPT zerg is doing the right thing by avoiding being singled out and ganked, and using the available tools to do so.

There seems to be no shortage of roamers who want to fight it out the way you describe on the forums, so why arent the WvW maps as populated with these players as the forums are? Do these folks not wish to fight others who are set up for the same, and are only mad because they cant gank builds not set up for the same?

EXACTLY

If there are so many roamers upset about not being able to fight mounted players... then why aren't they just fighting each other?

PVP is honestly better for small scale fights. Night and day better. WvW is for large scale, team based, coordinated fights. The fact there's room for havok teams means it's designed fairly well. The intent is for large scale fights. So saying it's a "PVP map" is an ignorant over-simplification.

Simplification that is also technically true. PvP isnt better for small scale as I came from PvP a long time ago. I was a hardcore PvP'er and left to try WvW and while it IS night and day, imo its way better from a PvP/dueler perspective as theres no restriction on build diversity (perfect for PvP). WvW is also technically a PvP map, however in a larger scale.

As for intent, unless a dev stated one way or the other, saying what WvW is meant for is being subjective (as there have been many debates with no confirmation)

Build diversity is not necessarily better for PvP. Players think it's better, but honestly it doesn't mean the quality of the pvp is better. There's a good reason you cannot construct bunker builds in PvP, and the quality of the fights are better for it.

Speaking of quality, why would you say WvW is better from a PvP/dueler perspective? How is that even possible? You cannot guarantee much of anything in WvW resulting in a wildly different experience from fight to fight. PvP is far more constrained, and as a result it's better balanced and less lopsided.

You can play semantics all you want, but it's pretty obvious that WvW is team vs. team, not player vs. player. It's only PvP in the sense that your playing against other "players" but that's the end of it. Everything else is just wishful thinking.

Its not a matter of semantics but actuality. The thrill of the fight (from a dueler perspective) is not knowing what you will be up against as it breaks the monotony that PvP's restrictions brings. Its the only true way that you can get better is by going up against everything you can. Learn the true unrestricted strengths and weaknesses that every class/build provides and learn to adapt better than in PvP.

As a PvP'er/WvW commander/havoc/Calvary and solo/duo roamer, I believe I have enough experience to not only make this claim, but to back it up as well with experience. If you dont care for roamers/duelers in WvW that fine, however a true "PvP Experience" is to be able to expect the unexpected.

I see your argument but you're trying to win a "WvW is better PvP argument"... and this thread is about dismounting opponents easier. Your argument doesn't justify needing to easily dismount team-based players in a team-based play mode. In fact it's a counter. Does dismounting a team player really meet your stated goal of "the only true way that you can get better is by going up against everything you can". Nope, that wouldn't be genuine.

It's a common thread I see from gankers... PvP is a competitive mode... PvP is honorable... PvP is about fights... WvW is PvP RAWR!!!! But then you ask for things which don't satisfy anything you said regarding why you love PvP. Stop pretending it's about competition -- these requests are so blatantly disingenuous.

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:
    "Eotm is dead" - - - youre 2 years late, at least
    "you cant snipe people in zergs from sides" - - they fight dismounted

All this isnt really a QQ about roaming. It is about being unable to gank zerglings running back to the zerg (they couldnt really out up much resistance, being on zerg builds) or the hapless pve fools who were running around in eotm and died faster than the mosquiro npc. Honestly, where is even the remotest semblance of fun in killing people over and over when they cant even fight back? "Roaming has been limited so heavily" NO it hasnt. People run in small groups of 2-3, in roam builds, where you probably cant oneshot gank them like youre used to.

kitten bullocks mate, ive seen people run from 1v1 a million time since mount release and tried to asks 'why'
    Mostly they respond with 'youll kill me' or my favoriete 'im not equiped to fight players'

Basicly they want to run around unpunnished and in the middle of their comfort zone in pvp environment and the mounts Let Them do that.

But Lets say you are right, and there's roaming to do. Ive been in countless roaming guilds Both EU (SLAP, QQ and NNJA for example) and NA (SNKY, YUM, ROLL for example)and all those guilds have a big thing in common,
    They have seen their glorydays and sometimes a few people logging in to play for a few days to find themselves in the following:
    1. They bored of easyness of pof specs and easy to pull off rezzes by scourge and firebrand
    2. They bored of lazy player attitude as mentioned before
    3. They annoyed by the fact they Can pull off equal numbered fights or decent fights in general

Most of those guilds died, or have seen the glorydays and to be fair; the game is rather old that IT was inevitable to see a few people go
    The people whom i talked with are rather bored and the 2-3 man squads you talk about here are always in the same settings and running only the 'currently strongest', on top of that they rather pick fights with stragglers then even numbers

Edit: some of the guilds roam havock outsider their raid Times, like ROLL, im talking about that havock...not the raids

I hate to break it to you, bud, but not everyone is interested in 1v1. Mount or no mount.

I Hate to break IT to you, im not always interested in 1v5 but got to swallow IT rather then running away...

Its a pvp environment on which it should be able to happen on Both fronts and not 'OMG a FIGHT WITH A DOLYAK LETS GOOOOOO BOYS'
    'OMG a FIGHT, WITH A PLAYER RUN RUN, LEAVE THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN'

Hate to break it to you again, bud, but not everyone is interested in zerging, not everyone likes pvding, not everyone is into dueling. It may come as a surprise, but people CAN choose what they like and avoid what they dont like. Even in a wvw environment.

Next time when we play in an open world PvP environment, say, a battle royale, please don't shoot me, i don't like fighting players til the last circle.

Quoting @SoV.5139 PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way. A support build running back to its PPT zerg is doing the right thing by avoiding being singled out and ganked, and using the available tools to do so.

This covers it.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

@juno.1840 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@juno.1840 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@juno.1840 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

EXACTLY

I see your argument but you're trying to win a "WvW is better PvP argument"... and this thread is about dismounting opponents easier. Your argument doesn't justify needing to easily dismount team-based players in a team-based play mode. In fact it's a counter. Does dismounting a team player really meet your stated goal of "the only true way that you can get better is by going up against everything you can". Nope, that wouldn't be genuine.

Actually my argument was that WvW is good for PvP as well.

In terms of being genuine, it certainly is. Think about it...PvP'ing is about fighting another player, despite what they bring to the table. Not necessarily only physical skill, but also intellectual. If you can force someone to engage, thus dismounting without wasting 0 (or little) cooldowns, you are 1 step already to winning the matchup. PvPing isnt only about fighting the player, but outsmarting them as well. Strategy is the key to any good PvP fight whether in WvW or in a PvP arena. Strategy can also help get someone dismounted if one is good/smart enough. It's all about how you play with both you and the opponents strengths and weaknesses (mount counting as strength)

twitch.tv/TRMC

• iKeostuKen.2738iKeostuKen.2738 Member ✭✭✭

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Hate to break it to you again, bud, but not everyone is interested in zerging, not everyone likes pvding, not everyone is into dueling. It may come as a surprise, but people CAN choose what they like and avoid what they dont like. Even in a wvw environment.

Next time when we play in an open world PvP environment, say, a battle royale, please don't shoot me, i don't like fighting players til the last circle.

Quoting @SoV.5139 PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way. A support build running back to its PPT zerg is doing the right thing by avoiding being singled out and ganked, and using the available tools to do so.

Open world PvP means just that. If you are attacked you do one of 3 things:
    Die, Escape, Fight.

If someone is specced to stop players from meeting back up with their group, then thats their role. It is more effective if they manage to stop supports from regrouping with their zerg.

Theres like 10-12 servers.
    Different timezones.
    5 different maps.

The odds of fighting someone on these forums, especially from a low population of people who roam religiously is already slim given the games WvW population.

And if they did want to fight players set up for the same then they do SPvP.

• Sylosi.6503Sylosi.6503 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2019

This thread confirms more than ever that in 2019 WvW is full of PvE players, be they zerglings who want to be left alone in a PvP zone to go spam AOE/PvDoor or "roamers" who care so little for any sort of skill or even vaguely decent gameplay that they are desperate for dull, one sided "PvP" against people with no chance in zerg builds.

As "PvP" players what is left of the WvW playerbase is so PvE it is funny.

• Whiteout.1975Whiteout.1975 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2019

I think I get the PvE players here now... "I can possibly die unfairly or die at all really... Therefore mount is gud because it helps prevent/limit that".

Okay, from now on... When I and/or other allies are in a Tower or some objective that my team own's. And I/we get challenged outnumbered or not. They have to ask me/us first if they can try to take it. At which point I/we can ether except or decline. All done in a voting processes. Don't worry though... If the vote is "No" the enemy can still engage with the tower. The tower will just only evade everything the whole time by remaining invulnerable. Also, if the vote is a split decision... The objective will just remain remain invulnerable still. And maybe the objective only excepts damage every few seconds about every 20-30 mins to keep things real exciting! <3 🦄 <3 🦄 <3 🦄

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Die, Escape, Fight.

If someone is specced to stop players from meeting back up with their group, then thats their role. It is more effective if they manage to stop supports from regrouping with their zerg.

You said it yourself... "escape" is an option. They are using the Warclaw for it. Maybe you just need to adapt and bring a build that's more suited to that role.

@Whiteout.1975 said:
    I think I get the PvE players here now... "I can possibly die unfairly or die at all really... Therefore mount is gud because it helps prevent/limit that".

Okay, from now on... When I and/or other allies are in a Tower or some objective that my team own's. And I/we get challenged outnumbered or not. They have to ask me/us first if they can try to take it. At which point I/we can ether except or decline. All done in a voting processes. Don't worry though... If the vote is "No" the enemy can still engage with the tower. The tower will just only evade everything the whole time by remaining invulnerable. Also, if the vote is a split decision... The objective will just remain remain invulnerable still. And maybe the objective only excepts damage every few seconds about every 20-30 mins to keep things real exciting! <3 🦄 <3 🦄 <3 🦄

Except these are large team players optimized for their large team role. They're not PvErs. Either you are grossly ignorant of WvW as a whole, or your know that already and are deliberately trolling with an insulting post.

Surely a real PvP player wouldn't recommend bringing a sub-optimum build to a competitive team-based game mode?

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭

Roaming =/= Killing Zerglings.

Roaming = backcapping objectives and killing defenders trying to hold out for reinforcements.

They already made it so that Mounted players can't contribute to capture, so it forces people to fight if they wanna defend anything.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

@juno.1840 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Die, Escape, Fight.

You said it yourself... "escape" is an option. They are using the Warclaw for it. Maybe you just need to adapt and bring a build that's more suited to that role.

Not escaping much of anything when your purser is also on a warclaw and you run through their territory. And escape in this situation menas if you are attacked you break off from the fight and escape. Every class aside from core necros and probably scourges are capable of doing this.

• spectrito.8513spectrito.8513 Member ✭✭✭

@Sylosi.6503 said:
    This thread confirms more than ever that in 2019 WvW is full of PvE players, be they zerglings who want to be left alone in a PvP zone to go spam AOE/PvDoor or "roamers" who care so little for any sort of skill or even vaguely decent gameplay that they are desperate for dull, one sided "PvP" against people with no chance in zerg builds.

lol what do you expect from a PvE focused game where you need to press a button to kill people and both PvP modes are on maintenance mode ?
    High skill gameplay ?

• Whiteout.1975Whiteout.1975 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2019

@juno.1840 said:

@Whiteout.1975 said:

Except these are large team players optimized for their large team role. They're not PvErs. Either you are grossly ignorant of WvW as a whole, or your know that already and are deliberately trolling with an insulting post.

Surely a real PvP player wouldn't recommend bringing a sub-optimum build to a competitive team-based game mode?

Yea I was trolling a bit lol, but with a purpose.

What's wrong with being a PvE player? I also have no problem with "team players". In fact, I prefer "team players". However, if you're just showing up to play, but not actually giving a solid effort to the cause you're fighting for... Like actually having a useful build for starters. That's not a team player to me. And I've met ton's of non-team players. It's like sure, not wanting to fight someone because you think they might have an advantage over you is reasonable. However, it's unreasonable IMO to think that the game basically owe's you a right of safe passage with perhaps very limited/specific counters... No matter the kind of player you are. Which basically hurts diversity in the end.

• Also, something I've seen a ton of is player's not actually swamping out their utility skills for greater chances of survival if not with their group/zerg. Sometimes even trying to swamp weapon's for their utility also. Just a reminder for those that never really bother.

If you feel "insulted". Welp, sorry... But perhaps you/others have a better idea of what it's like to be called a "ganker" (addressed in a degrading way) when you're actually just a Roamer doing your job. Basically generalizing nearly all Roamer's as "Gankers". Speaking of which, the double standard of people making it seem like only roamers can "gank" and zerg's can't gank is just crazy to me. I've played with and around zergs before who Portal bomb, Veil, Hide around corners... So that they can have a upper hand. Is it cheesy? Sure, it can be. Is it often a smart tactic? Absolutely.

In my post I'm showing the toxicity in being given basically free reign over battles. From a different perspective. To where players feel "comfortable"around when and when not to fight. It results in further dull gameplay that directly conflicts with WvW's PvP agenda. WvW grow's off conflict. Being killed and wanting to "get that player back" for killing you is apart of the force that drives it. Not everything is suppose to go your way. And that's a good thing... because then you find better reason to do actually something about it.

• Here is a bit of extra irony though. So far Roamers are told to hop on very specific/limited builds as if there is no problem. How about a zerg player hops on a "1v1 build" to fight against the roamer then instead of playing how they like? Again, double standards. This isn't a one way street. Also, FYI not all Roamers are spec'd for 1v1 specifically, but rather 1vX. And I only started talking about "builds" now in general because you @juno.1840 brought it up to be fair here.

If you wish to learn more about roamers... Here you go: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World

• I'll quote one sentence from there: "Roamers generally require high survivability and escapability." Roamer's take a higher risk of being outmanned in WvW... That's often why they're built the way they are. Just like Zerg players being built how they are. It's fine to build yourself to suit a specific role. Just try to be useful... Or don't and suffer the greater consequence's.

Warclaw, with how it's implemented, interferes with the role's and diversity of roamers. That's the issue and that's largely why it's a problem.

@juno.1840 said: Surely a real PvP player wouldn't recommend bringing a sub-optimum build to a competitive team-based game mode?

WvW being competitive? I suppose it can be... If you consider low quality PvP competitive. Then I agree 100%... And IMO, a "real PvP player" wouldn't try to put/leave heavy restraints on "PvP" in a PvP mode. The greater risk of death is what further helps drive it.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Die, Escape, Fight.

Different timezones.
    5 different maps.

The odds of fighting someone on these forums, especially from a low population of people who roam religiously is already slim given the games WvW population.

Escape is an option. Losing is an option. Winning is an option. Personally, I like large scale fights, some havoc, the occasional duel here and there when someone attacks me while capping a camp, sentry or defending stuff. I am 100% aware that I can get oneshot when trying to get back to the zerg after dying, that is ok. I am aware 2-3 gankers will try to dismount and kill me fast, thats also ok. Dismount button is coming, anyway. What irks me is this : people who used to play an overpowered gank oneshot build that got nerfed, play another class with another overpowered gank oneshot build and have the audacity to tell me how to play wvw. The notion that I somehow HAVE to stay and fight every "roamer" because this is a competitive gamemode.
    I am not a pver by the way.

• Tao.5096Tao.5096 Member ✭✭

@Voltekka.2375 said:
    What irks me is this : people who used to play an overpowered gank oneshot build that got nerfed, play another class with another overpowered gank oneshot build and have the audacity to tell me how to play wvw.

And yet not even one person here stated the class and build they play in wvw.
    So you get pissed out of your imagination?

@Tao.5096 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:
    What irks me is this : people who used to play an overpowered gank oneshot build that got nerfed, play another class with another overpowered gank oneshot build and have the audacity to tell me how to play wvw.

And yet not even one person here stated the class and build they play in wvw.
    So you get pissed out of your imagination?

There are other topics where commenters state what they played and what they switched to. Try to be more civil, by the way. Goes a long way if you actually care about having a proper discussion.

• Doug.4930Doug.4930 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2019

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Die, Escape, Fight.

Different timezones.
    5 different maps.

What irks me is this : people who used to play an overpowered gank oneshot build that got nerfed, play another class with another overpowered gank oneshot build and have the audacity to tell me how to play wvw. The notion that I somehow HAVE to stay and fight every "roamer" because this is a competitive gamemode.

Its not that people are telling you that you have to fight every "roamer". Its that if you aren't running a roaming build and you are caught out in the open all alone then you should be at an extreme disadvantage. Sure you are fully obligated to attempt to escape, while the "roamer" is surely obligated to cut off your zerg from reinforcements by killing you. Much like if a "roamer" tries to help defend bay because they want that sweet waypoint, they, much like you earlier would be at an extreme disadvantage because they are not built to deal with large scale. The problem arises when one of those two disadvantages is 100% negated by the current state of mounts. You with your large scale build are not disadvantaged or punished for being caught alone in a small scale fight because of your mount. Whilst the "roamer" still has to live with their trade off, that being their inability to help deal with large scale.

This severely diminishes the role of one player and significantly bolsters the effectiveness of another. It further dumbs down what was once a diversified game mode, which had many different styles of play. It further removes skill, ability and player coordination from the game.

Most old school "roamers" that I know have long abandoned this game due to many previous reasons of which mounts are only the latest. (I still hate gliding so much, I could write a novel about it). But the few of us that remain still get some enjoyment out of the husk of what this game could have been. Mounts however are simply a bridge too far and break the game on a whole new level. Anet seem to agree, with the upcoming dismount skill.

I only hope it is the first of many changes that will be brought to mounts in WvW, or else this game mode will surpass even my low expectations and devolve into a continuous game of ring around the rosie, where everyone goes round and round the map in our respective zergs each avoiding the other in a perpetual loop of monotony.

• SoV.5139SoV.5139 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2019

@Doug.4930 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Die, Escape, Fight.

Different timezones.
    5 different maps.

What irks me is this : people who used to play an overpowered gank oneshot build that got nerfed, play another class with another overpowered gank oneshot build and have the audacity to tell me how to play wvw. The notion that I somehow HAVE to stay and fight every "roamer" because this is a competitive gamemode.

Its not that people are telling you that you have to fight every "roamer". Its that if you aren't running a roaming build and you are caught out in the open all alone then you should be at an extreme disadvantage. Sure you are fully obligated to attempt to escape, while the "roamer" is surely obligated to cut off your zerg from reinforcements by killing you. Much like if a "roamer" tries to help defend bay because they want that sweet waypoint, they, much like you earlier would be at an extreme disadvantage because they are not built to deal with large scale. The problem arises when one of those two disadvantages is 100% negated by the current state of mounts. You with your large scale build are not disadvantaged or punished for being caught alone in a small scale fight because of your mount. Whilst the "roamer" still has to live with their trade off, that being their inability to help deal with large scale.

This severely diminishes the role of one player and significantly bolsters the effectiveness of another. It further dumbs down what was once a diversified game mode, which had many different styles of play. It further removes skill, ability and player coordination from the game.

Most old school "roamers" that I know have long abandoned this game due to many previous reasons of which mounts are only the latest. (I still hate gliding so much, I could write a novel about it). But the few of us that remain still get some enjoyment out of the husk of what this game could have been. Mounts however are simply a bridge too far and break the game on a whole new level. Anet seem to agree, with the upcoming dismount skill.

I only hope it is the first of many changes that will be brought to mounts in WvW, or else this game mode will surpass even my low expectations and devolve into a continuous game of ring around the rosie, where everyone goes round and round the map in our respective zergs each avoiding the other in a perpetual loop of monotony.

People are leaving GW2 because they cant gank zerg support builds on roaming builds?

edited July 26, 2019

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Sylosi.6503 said:

lol what do you expect from a PvE focused game where you need to press a button to kill people and both PvP modes are on maintenance mode ?
    High skill gameplay ?

High skill game play would be roamer builds fighting other roamer builds.

Lets not confuse that with roamers getting mad because they cant gank zerg support builds who dont want to take 1v1s, which the mount helps them to avoid.

If you guys do get your way and it becomes easier to gank zerg support builds running back to their zerg, this will not restore one iota of high skill game play.

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Sylosi.6503 said:

High skill gameplay ?

Lets not confuse that with roamers getting mad because they cant gank zerg support builds who dont want to take 1v1s, which the mount helps them to avoid.

If you guys do get your way and it becomes easier to gank zerg support builds running back to their zerg, this will not restore one iota of high skill game play.

The problem with people that only play WvW in a zerg is that they dont know what happens outside zergs.
    Roaming is not about picking a thief and gank people between spawn and keep.
    Alpine BL's were so much more populated pre-mount with so many different builds
    Now we only play on EBG with cheese builds because it's the only way we can dismount people and get fights.
    I used to roam on a sword weaver build i couldnt gank people not even if i wanted to
    We have less people playing, less build diversity, ganking is way worse than before and we play only in 1 map.
    Now i can only fights if i gank people in EB with a 1 shot build and where most zerglings are.
    All this because people find WvW unplayable if they die walking from spawn to keep to a backstab thief

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Sylosi.6503 said:

High skill gameplay ?

The problem with people that only play WvW in a zerg is that they dont know what happens outside zergs.
    Now we only play on EBG with cheese builds because it's the only way we can dismount people and get fights.
    I used to roam on a sword weaver build i couldnt gank people not even if i wanted to
    We have less people playing, less build diversity, ganking is way worse than before and we play only in 1 map.
    Now i can only fights if i gank people in EB with a 1 shot build and where most zerglings are.
    All this because people find WvW unplayable if they die walking from spawn to keep to a backstab thief

Or catch someone capping a point. I love those kind of fights...I feel like I do get a prize for winning (when if I am defending).

twitch.tv/TRMC

edited July 26, 2019

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Sylosi.6503 said:

High skill gameplay ?

We''ll see if youre right once they put the dismount skill in the game, and if the cheese builds disappear. My money in the office pool is on them not only NOT disappearing, but multiplying. They were there long before mounts, and will be there long after.

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Sylosi.6503 said:

High skill gameplay ?

We''ll see if youre right once they put the dismount skill in the game, and if the cheese builds disappear. My money in the office pool is on them not only NOT disappearing, but multiplying. They were there long before mounts, and will be there long after.

Dismount skill doesnt do anything aside from giving the outnumbered team more of a disadvantage.

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Sylosi.6503 said:

High skill gameplay ?

Nothing will change.
    Dismount skill only works if you're mounted too, people will play cheese builds to dismount if they're not mounted
    Unless Anet change Warclaw HP, dodges and bonus speed, Warclaw will be used as a shield and a ganking tool

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Sylosi.6503 said:

High skill gameplay ?

Dismount skill doesnt do anything aside from giving the outnumbered team more of a disadvantage.

Thats kind of the point. Lets see what happens to the "cheese build head count" after it is implemented.

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Sylosi.6503 said:

High skill gameplay ?

Nothing will change.
    Dismount skill only works if you're mounted too, people will play cheese builds to dismount if they're not mounted
    Unless Anet change Warclaw HP, dodges and bonus speed, Warclaw will be used as a shield and a ganking tool

People playing cheese builds solely due to not being willing to let a support necro slide past the grid three times a week? :p

• Cuks.8241Cuks.8241 Member ✭✭✭

After all this time with Warclaw I will say that in my opinion it was a bad addition. It reduced the amount of engages that happen on the map overall and it really brought nothing. Yes it is easier to get back to the group on the other side of the map but that is really not a good thing. Managing, disrupting reinforcements is a part of war.
    I would be OK with Warclaw just having 1 hp and no knockdown penalty.

• Anput.4620Anput.4620 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2019

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

"PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way."

"running back to its PPT zerg"

Also, just because the tools are available doesn't mean they are balanced, because they obviously aren't.

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

Also, just because the tools are available doesn't mean they are balanced, because they obviously aren't.

sPvP is your friend. Wvw isnt spvp.

edited July 27, 2019

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

What does this have to do with the contradictory comment i qouted?

@Whiteout.1975 has perfectly explained already what is wrong with the mode, it is an open zone PvP mode.

What does SPvP have to do with open world PvP, why has the whole philosophy of it suddenly bne changed to be different from open PvP in about any other MMORPG just because mounts came out? It makes zero sense here.

But what has your reply to do with what i commented again?

edited July 27, 2019

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@Whiteout.1975 has perfectly explained already what is wrong with the mode, it is an open zone PvP mode.

What does SPvP have to do with open world PvP, why has the whole philosophy of it suddenly bne changed to be different from open PvP in about any other MMORPG just because mounts came out? It makes zero sense here.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

Oh, wrong quote, sorry!! My bad! Tried to quote someone else...

To qoute @sephiroth.4217

I can easily spend an hour tapping a keep and forcing people to chase me for fun. No one dies but its still fun dodging trebs and cannons around an enemy keep.

I have a 100% win rate in my fights because I can chose to only attack people that I hard counter or people with a rank below silver. Im ranked 3k plus for wvw via roaming only and im just over 300 ranks in PvP. Its never a fair fight.

I can run with enemy zergs and create chaos as half try to dismount me and the the other half continue running with the tag.

I can find some roamers and put them in combat while I stay mounted then keep them in tether distance until a zerg I called rolled over the 2 of them.

I can safely stomp people who are duelling.

I can run around the inside of an enemy keep without worrying about my death.

I can sit around with 5 mounted players ready to herd a single player into death as if we are cowboys and they are cattle.

If someone is taking my camp, doesnt matter if I die 3 times because each time I made it back before they finished capping.

Some might say this is destroying the game mode, others say this is what anets vision is and to just adapt. It really depends on whos commenting.

This is what os wrong with an open PvP mode.

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2019

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

This is not open world pvp. The main part of wvw is capture objective team based in a pvp environment. It means not everyone is rolling in their top pvp single target dps build. Why does every single mmo with pvp zones or realm vs realm always have pve aspects to it? It is to draw pvers into a pvp mode because there are not enough gankers/griefers to have a full open pvp world mmo w/o them. Imaging just a mmo w open world pvp and all of you full pvp specced could only fight other full pvp specced players. Where all the gankers could only fight other gankers. How long would you play that? You all just want to catch weaker easy targets or support specced players on your pvp spec build. There is an entire spvp mode but you gankers are too much of a kitten to play that instead you complain on here all day cuz a staff ele or a reaper got away on their mount and you couldn't insta kill them on multipe cheese builds. Plus for the 10th time anput doesn't play gw2 he just trolls over and over w no clue of how many more fights there are now overall then before.

edited July 27, 2019

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

This is not open world pvp. The main part of wvw is capture objective team based in a pvp environment. It means not everyone is rolling in their top pvp single target dps build. Why does every single mmo with pvp zones or realm vs realm always have pve aspects to it? It is to draw pvers into a pvp mode because there are not enough gankers/griefers to have a full open pvp world mmo w/o them. Imaging just a mmo w open world pvp and all of you full pvp specced could only fight other full pvp specced players. Where all the gankers could only fight other gankers. How long would you play that? You all just want to catch weaker easy targets or support specced players on your pvp spec build. There is an entire spvp mode but you gankers are too much of a kitten to play that instead you complain on here all day cuz a staff ele or a reaper got away on their mount and you couldn't insta kill them on multipe cheese builds. Plus for the 10th time anput doesn't play gw2 he just trolls over and over w no clue of how many more fights there are now overall then before.

" Imaging just a mmo w open world pvp and all of you full pvp specced could only fight other full pvp specced players. Where all the gankers could only fight other gankers. How long would you play that?"

I am p sure BDO and BR games have more players than this WvW garbage lol. Every time i try to play this happens:

I can easily spend an hour tapping a keep and forcing people to chase me for fun. No one dies but its still fun dodging trebs and cannons around an enemy keep.

I have a 100% win rate in my fights because I can chose to only attack people that I hard counter or people with a rank below silver. Im ranked 3k plus for wvw via roaming only and im just over 300 ranks in PvP. Its never a fair fight.

I can run with enemy zergs and create chaos as half try to dismount me and the the other half continue running with the tag.

I can find some roamers and put them in combat while I stay mounted then keep them in tether distance until a zerg I called rolled over the 2 of them.

I can sit around with 5 mounted players ready to herd a single player into death as if we are cowboys and they are cattle.

If someone is taking my camp, doesnt matter if I die 3 times because each time I made it back before they finished capping.

Some might say this is destroying the game mode, others say this is what anets vision is and to just adapt. It really depends on whos commenting.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

" Imaging just a mmo w open world pvp and all of you full pvp specced could only fight other full pvp specced players. Where all the gankers could only fight other gankers. How long would you play that?"

I am p sure BDO and BR games have more players than this WvW garbage lol. Every time i try to play this happens:

I played BDO too and you gotta flag up other wise they let you sit in a grind spot as others grind a little farther away so yean not full pvp and have the time you get whispered or whisper duel for spot and that person opts to leave. And quoting all of sephs nonsense that he doesn't do he just makes up as he doesn't play much either is just silly.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

I played BDO too and you gotta flag up other wise they let you sit in a grind spot as others grind a little farther away so yean not full pvp and have the time you get whispered or whisper duel for spot and that person opts to leave. And quoting all of sephs nonsense that he doesn't do he just makes up as he doesn't play much either is just silly.

Except poeple do that kitten all the time, that is literally the WvW experience whenever i log in, these things being done. The thing is plain unbalanced and there wasn't much thought given to it, just sell moar skins right?

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2019

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

It might not be 8 hours a day anymore but I still get in WvW often enough.

My issue is that I don't feel a sense of danger in WvW anymore and my DD Tempest is utterly useless against a mount, so I don't play as much. Its good for goofing around or something to do while I eat lasagne or something in my downtime from PvP but with how long it has taken to implement the dismount skill I'm starting to believe that the ones saying that its changed and to just adapt were right after all.

Also, I used the words "I can", not "I am"..

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

People in support builds ganks me pretty often, why shouldn't i kill support builds too ?
    Zerglings dont hesitate to jump on me with a group of 10+, why should i not kill them ?
    PvE elements are there to lure players to fight, not to lure PvErs to a PvP mode, by your logic is DAoC a PvE game ?
    Also sPvP is trash, 5+ min queues, a lot of bots, MMR is completely broken, wintraders, restrictive builds and so many other issues and differences between WvW and sPvP and thats why many PvPers migrate to WvW.
    Why people who like to fight should move away from WvW just because you dont like to die in a open world PvP ?
    Also in regards to having more fights, this is just not true, we barely have 1 map queued even on prime time and other BL's are dead compared to before, there are way less people playing either zergers and roamers.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

People in support builds ganks me pretty often, why shouldn't i kill support builds too ?
    Zerglings dont hesitate to jump on me with a group of 10+, why should i not kill them ?
    PvE elements are there to lure players to fight, not to lure PvErs to a PvP mode, by your logic is DAoC a PvE game ?
    Also sPvP is trash, 5+ min queues, a lot of bots, MMR is completely broken, wintraders, restrictive builds and so many other issues and differences between WvW and sPvP and thats why many PvPers migrate to WvW.
    Why people who like to fight should move away from WvW just because you dont like to die in a open world PvP ?
    Also in regards to having more fights, this is just not true, we barely have 1 map queued even on prime time and other BL's are dead compared to before, there are way less people playing either zergers and roamers.

You can kill whoever,however you want it's just you aren't entitled for every single person to fight you if they chose not to for a variety of reasons. Most likely zergling jump you half the time cuz you pick off stragglers which i also do outnumbered. I die all the time I'm not asking you to leave wvw but stop crying cause someone mounts off just like pre mounts dozens of mobile classes ran from me if losing and I was just as helpless in pursuit. Of course the pve aspects are there to lure pveers to do the quest while the pvpers dont do the quests and jump the guys questing again usually for an easy kill cuz that's all you want.Of course there are more fights if you actually take camps def camps and go to where objectives are being taking because every1 gets back to that fight faster. Are there less oppurtunitys to camp an area and pick off reinforcements sure that's kinda gone. Constantly getting jumped between my keep and smc isn't fun or my spawn and keep isn't fun so find other ways to find fights at objectives. I roam on reaper and fight everyone at objectives but no reason to hop off mount vs certain classes in the middle of nowhere.

"You can kill whoever,however you want it's just you aren't entitled for every single person to fight you if they chose not to for a variety of reasons."

And that is a fundamental design flaw for any PvP game because it inherently creates stalemates.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

You can kill whoever,however you want it's just you aren't entitled for every single person to fight you if they chose not to for a variety of reasons. Most likely zergling jump you half the time cuz you pick off stragglers which i also do outnumbered. I die all the time I'm not asking you to leave wvw but stop crying cause someone mounts off just like pre mounts dozens of mobile classes ran from me if losing and I was just as helpless in pursuit. Of course the pve aspects are there to lure pveers to do the quest while the pvpers dont do the quests and jump the guys questing again usually for an easy kill cuz that's all you want.Of course there are more fights if you actually take camps def camps and go to where objectives are being taking because every1 gets back to that fight faster. Are there less oppurtunitys to camp an area and pick off reinforcements sure that's kinda gone. Constantly getting jumped between my keep and smc isn't fun or my spawn and keep isn't fun so find other ways to find fights at objectives. I roam on reaper and fight everyone at objectives but no reason to hop off mount vs certain classes in the middle of nowhere.

"You can kill whoever,however you want it's just you aren't entitled for every single person to fight you if they chose not to for a variety of reasons."

And that is a fundamental design flaw for any PvP game because it inherently creates stalemates.

How? I should not go def bay cause omw to bay I saw a random teef and must fight him. I should not go to mid in spvp to help hold a point I should kitten around with a guy playing full bunker. A ranger sees me and starts att my mount from 1200 rng I need to hop off and fight at a huge disadvantage rng wise instead of 3 leaping away. The whole point is to kill as many as you can while staying alive and holding as many objectives as you can etc so I do things that achieve that. Other don't.

• DeadlySynz.3471DeadlySynz.3471 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Anput.4620 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

Not entirely. The player will just engage when it works for them and to their advantage. They will basically fight when they're good and ready.

Because this is a WvW forum, why on earth would someone (whose trying to go help their group take a keep per-say), hop off their mount and fight you out in the middle of nowhere when they have nothing to gain from it whether they win or lose? What's the point? The map objective in this example calls for our group to collectively try to take a keep, so in what universe would it make sense for me to hop off my mount and fight you? This is a PvP game and you must fight me? Sure, then come to the keep where I'm going and we'll fight there. Sure you may be met with 60 others who'll run you over, but hey, it's a PvP mode right?

I will never fight in WvW on someone else's terms at all for any reason what so ever, ever. If they try, they will fail, and they always will. They will get beat, and they will repeatedly get beat (and often targeted and camped until they log). Roamers won't get their way anymore, those days are long gone.

• BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭

Fight those who want to fight you. Don't cry over your inability to 5v1 roam due to mounts. That's a positive.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

How? I should not go def bay cause omw to bay I saw a random teef and must fight him. I should not go to mid in spvp to help hold a point I should kitten around with a guy playing full bunker. A ranger sees me and starts att my mount from 1200 rng I need to hop off and fight at a huge disadvantage rng wise instead of 3 leaping away. The whole point is to kill as many as you can while staying alive and holding as many objectives as you can etc so I do things that achieve that. Other don't.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

Not entirely. The player will just engage when it works for them and to their advantage. They will basically fight when they're good and ready.

Because this is a WvW forum, why on earth would someone (whose trying to go help their group take a keep per-say), hop off their mount and fight you out in the middle of nowhere when they have nothing to gain from it whether they win or lose? What's the point? The map objective in this example calls for our group to collectively try to take a keep, so in what universe would it make sense for me to hop off my mount and fight you? This is a PvP game and you must fight me? Sure, then come to the keep where I'm going and we'll fight there. Sure you may be met with 60 others who'll run you over, but hey, it's a PvP mode right?

I will never fight in WvW on someone else's terms at all for any reason what so ever, ever. If they try, they will fail, and they always will. They will get beat, and they will repeatedly get beat (and often targeted and camped until they log). Roamers won't get their way anymore, those days are long gone.

Why in both of your examples are you both using a example that no one is even telling you that you have to do?

"If someone is out near my spawn , I HAVE TO FIGHT THEM"
    "I spy a player 5000yds away, let me leave my keep to go fight them!"
    "Oh a roamer thats not enganging me, I dont want to fight him, but because I see him I must do it anyways"

What kind of arguement is this, no one is telling you that you have to fight them. But if they open up on you then you have the option on what you do in the situation, they have the same options on if you engage on them. If you cant escape, fight off, call for help, etc to deal with the situation, then you clearly are not ready for WvW or maybe it was never the mode for you.

If you dont want to fight on someone elses terms, think ahead on what your doing to not be put at a disadvantage.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

Why in both of your examples are you both using a example that no one is even telling you that you have to do?

"Oh a roamer thats not enganging me, I dont want to fight him, but because I see him I must do it anyways"

What kind of arguement is this, no one is telling you that you have to fight them. But if they open up on you then you have the option on what you do in the situation, they have the same options on if you engage on them. If you cant escape, fight off, call for help, etc to deal with the situation, then you clearly are not ready for WvW or maybe it was never the mode for you.

If you dont want to fight on someone elses terms, think ahead on what your doing to not be put at a disadvantage.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the dozens of threads about warclaw and yes some players are saying avoiding pvp in a pvp mode for any reason is fundamentally wrong so they expect everyone to fight every time and never mount off to the examples provided. These are the players I've been arguing with for months because anet has a flaw of catering to the whiners so if you don't present the opposing side warclaw would get nerfed to oblivion and these "roamers" will be back spawn camping again.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the dozens of threads about warclaw and yes some players are saying avoiding pvp in a pvp mode for any reason is fundamentally wrong so they expect everyone to fight every time and never mount off to the examples provided. These are the players I've been arguing with for months because anet has a flaw of catering to the whiners so if you don't present the opposing side warclaw would get nerfed to oblivion and these "roamers" will be back spawn camping again.

I havent because it's literally the same low effort defense posts after another. There are many reasons why warclaw needs to be changed/removed.

And you are right, they do have a flaw of catering to the whiners, hence why the game mode is in it's current state.

Literally warclaw could be removed and a new traveling feature that didnt powercreep the mode could have been added.

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2019

What's the difference between a player that runs away and a player that does not exist because he does not play the game?

Hint: One of these two players populates the map and might be killed while doing stuff (which you can not do mounted).

The same hyperbole since day1 mount release... "Don't play the game mode if you don't want to fight!" That's a dumb argument as a player not playing at all is still worse than a player that runs away 95% of the time but can be killed 5% of the time.

Maybe the so called roaming guilds may stop spawnganking and start to play the game mode as intended and capture and defend structures and camps. I am running into other players all day long while doing this. Nothing has changed with warclaw.

Something I'm really interested in knowing with all these defense posts is how does a change to the mounts HP stop you from getting to your zerg? 🤔

-You still have the speed and 3 evades.
    -If the hp is 1 on mounts you have a better chance at escaping your pursuers if you know how to outplay them by traps, running through towers, sentries, anything with AI, etc.
    -If your dismounted you are not stunned so you can immediately swap to defense or offense.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:
    Something I'm really interested in knowing with all these defense posts is how does a change to the mounts HP stop you from getting to your zerg? 🤔

-You still have the speed and 3 evades.
    -If the hp is 1 on mounts you have a better chance at escaping your pursuers if you know how to outplay them by traps, running through towers, sentries, anything with AI, etc.
    -If your dismounted you are not stunned so you can immediately swap to defense or offense.

Unfortunately there is a segment of the population that would WP back to the Zerg if the possibility existed.

Which, for large scale fights can make them last longer, however they would become fairly non stop.

They would seem to want a path that is with as few obstacles as possible to get there.

Unfortunately anyone who argues against that is apparently a dirty ganker who only wants cheap kills vs PvE players.

Thank You for the {MEME}

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.