WvW Mounts

Nickv.8031

@"iKeostuKen.2738" said:Or just do it the way WoW does it. Your hp is your mounts Hp. You can stay on it when attacked, but if your CC'd you dismount.

A mounts only feature needs to be movement speed.

All this extra kitten has done the mode no favors.

I have no idea how WoW works. Someone posted somewhere that it might be too hard to code a cc feature. And for "A mounts only feature needs to be movement speed." I agree with you. Let the mount keep its mobility out of combat, and slow down to the pace of a player in combat. The person on the mount will still have his 3 evades, that would help create a gap so its not a guaranteed dismount from the person trying to attack.

@spectrito.8513 said:

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:This will never happen; Players will just have to learn to deal with it. Either jump on a ranger, or spec in conditions. Worse case scenario, if you really want to gank the player that bad, follow them to wherever they're going, and when they dismount, kill them.

Let me break this down...."it completely obliterates the use of the mount." Mounts are a great way to get around a map they are faster then players and have 3 evades."Either jump on a ranger, or spec in conditions." So what your saying is don't play classes and specs i like, just swap over to something with condition damage. Can't tell if that's a troll or what"Worse case scenario, if you really want to gank the player that bad, follow them to wherever they're going, and when they dismount, kill them." They are either going for their zerg or waiting for an outnumbered fight.

Pretty much this.The ammount of players roaming pre-mount was 2-3 times what we have now.It killed build diversity and roaming, also ganking is much worse.

So now its -3 people roaming these days? Roaming is dead for years now.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Or just do it the way WoW does it. Your hp is your mounts Hp. You can stay on it when attacked, but if your CC'd you dismount.

A mounts only feature needs to be movement speed.

All this extra kitten has done the mode no favors.

If it had been swiftness speed, 2 evades with 50% longer endurance recharge, 7k HP and zero special skills, it would've been just about perfect.

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:Mounts were the best thing to happen to WvW. Unfortunately too many people are crying about the Mount and Anet is starting to listen to them and give them what they want.

xD I like the fact that its said by ranger player.

Warclaw is a handicap and it should (and will be) rightly toned down. Ppl were "crying" about it just as they were "crying" about Sic'em state. Maybe it wasnt an issue either, hmm mr SB player?

The thing is that if a player uses more than 3 braincells there is really no way to dismount him. But, we are speaking of ppl that know what they're doing and when to dodge. Lets look at those who dont, will randomly dodge and try to escape.

You can dismount on: All teef classes, prolly Herald, Core ranger and SB, FA ele, Power and sometimes condi mesmer.It makes around 10 specs out of 27. So basically less than a half and its still not said that you gonna 100% dismount someone.

Others are meele/wont do enough condis or power damage in time/have not enough blinks to catch up.

So, shall we all play elitists WvW classes both in zerging and now in roaming in order to play ANYTHING with other players, enjoy pvp fights and not only ppt capping camps and towers? And please, no more "adapt" word usage, you know how most of old GW players adapt? They abandon it for other MMOs.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:This will never happen; it completely obliterates the use of the mount. Players will just have to learn to deal with it. Either jump on a ranger, or spec in conditions. Worse case scenario, if you really want to gank the player that bad, follow them to wherever they're going, and when they dismount, kill them.

How would this defeat the point? The point was faster travel, not free safe passage.

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:Mounts were the best thing to happen to WvW. Unfortunately too many people are crying about the Mount and Anet is starting to listen to them and give them what they want.

Best thing for what? Monetization and more pop from casuals or higher quality of gameplay according to an open PvP mode? Seems just like the first to me. They are the most unbalanced thing introduced in WvW ever.

The forums are far more detrimental to ganking those support builds trying to run back to their zerg than any mount is. Every moment spent advocating for someone elses toy to be nerfed is a missed opportunity that could have been used to dismount some poor necro on their way back to a k-train.

This right here is a perfect example of how broken WvW mounts are. People will legit just troll shit out of you because they can.... Also i want to add the fact i made a ticket so anet could watch this thread and give feedback on their ideas. This is the response i got. https://gyazo.com/e46b0b440599a8c9c9281fff400baeb0 I don't care if anet doesn't want to use my idea. What I do care about is the fact it has been in this game for months with no change.

Well.. i'm all done posting here. I tried my best to share my side of this. If anet decides to respond to this post I will be back. Thanks everyone for your feedback and thoughts.

Your video shows nothing about how mounts suck. If they won't fight, just move on. Oh, but they kept hopping around you? Then lead them into a zerg! If they're just hopping around you, they're not attacking you. You were out of combat for long periods of time early on while they kept hopping away, so you could have mounted up and gone anywhere else, anytime you wanted. Your argument might have had more impact if one of these guys had pounced you dead. They didn't even do that. These two only put a beatdown on you after they dismounted - though really, you dismounted one of them, albeit through a greatly labored effort. Mounts by themselves don't do much damage, even to another low-HP mount, so you could have gone somewhere else and found another fight very easily.

@abasedfear.6051 said:Your video shows nothing about how mounts suck. If they won't fight, just move on. Oh, but they kept hopping around you? Then lead them into a zerg! If they're just hopping around you, they're not attacking you. You were out of combat for long periods of time early on while they kept hopping away, so you could have mounted up and gone anywhere else, anytime you wanted. Your argument might have had more impact if one of these guys had pounced you dead. They didn't even do that. These two only put a beatdown on you after they dismounted - though really, you dismounted one of them, albeit through a greatly labored effort. Mounts by themselves don't do much damage, even to another low-HP mount, so you could have gone somewhere else and found another fight very easily.

It clearly shows how ridiculous player engagement/interaction is in the mode. Show this to any PvP focused community and try to say nothing is wrong with it.

Big deal. Like I said, you don't like them hopping around you, walk away. If they keep hopping around you, chasing you down, then run them into a zerg! They may be hopping around you, but they're not doing anything to you. If any PvP-focused community really thinks what they're doing in that video is trolling, those people need some thicker skin. And WvW isn't any typical PvP-focused community. It's a PvP-casual, no-holds-barred landscape. Trolls everywhere, and they don't need mounts to do far worse than what that video shows. The only thing I don't like about mounts is the death-pounce, but if I got low enough for it to factor, I'm probably dead anyway.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@"abasedfear.6051" said:Your video shows nothing about how mounts suck. If they won't fight, just move on. Oh, but they kept hopping around you? Then lead them into a zerg! If they're just hopping around you, they're
not attacking
you. You were out of combat for long periods of time early on while they kept hopping away, so you could have mounted up and gone anywhere else, anytime you wanted. Your argument
might
have had more impact if one of these guys had pounced you dead. They didn't even do that. These two only put a beatdown on you
after
they dismounted - though really, you dismounted one of them, albeit through a
greatly
labored effort. Mounts by themselves don't do much damage, even to another low-HP mount, so you could have gone somewhere else and found another fight very easily.

It clearly shows how ridiculous player engagement/interaction is in the mode. Show this to any PvP focused community and try to say nothing is wrong with it.No it shows how a warrior got baited into doing something utterly futile and pointless. Whether they had been on foot or mounted wouldnt have made any difference - they baited, he swallowed it hook line and sinker. He didnt need to be there
at all
fighting them and its quite obvious they where not really interested either. Nothing would be gained for either side no matter the end result. If you want to "seek fights" as a "roamer" against other "roamers", then you're going to want to threaten objectives because
that
will get people to dismount and fight.

Also this is literally zero difference from how high mobility classes used to troll people pre-mounts. And well, still do.

A PvP community maybe dont understand that, but the WvW community should after all these years.

@"Nickv.8031" said:

This right here is a perfect example of how broken WvW mounts are. People will legit just troll kitten out of you because they can.... Also i want to add the fact i made a ticket so anet could watch this thread and give feedback on their ideas. This is the response i got. https://gyazo.com/e46b0b440599a8c9c9281fff400baeb0 I don't care if anet doesn't want to use my idea. What I do care about is the fact it has been in this game for months with no change.

Well.. i'm all done posting here. I tried my best to share my side of this. If anet decides to respond to this post I will be back. Thanks everyone for your feedback and thoughts.

Some of the things people defend about WvW boggles my mind. This video couldn't have possibly painted a better picture of how utterly broken mounts are. This game mode is supposed to be a warzone, where its open world pvp, danger everywhere. But just buy the PoF xpac and you can hop around like a little bunny around the enemy and be as safe as a lamb in a petting zoo.

JuSt aDapT

tHeY WeRen'T aTtAckInG YoU sO mOunTs ARe fINe

wE SHouLdN'T hAvE tO fIgHt If wE dOn'T wAnT tOO

These are the attitudes you are going to see. It's the same sort of people who defend broken builds that they play. Nobody want's their crutch taken away. Mounts are the biggest crutch thats ever been introduced to this game, and players who only seek to get back to the zerg, and believe that any other type of play is PlAyInG tHe GAmE wRoNg will fight tooth and nail to keep their crutch.

This game should have room for many different play styles, but mounts outright hands a "free pass" to get back to the zerg with complete safety.

Imagine if small scale players could activate an ability that made them invulnerable whenever a group that outnumbered them by 3 to 1 or more was introduced into the game. Sure would make their lives easier, but it would detract from the game, and forcefully limit other peoples preferred method of play. Just like mounts do presently.

@Doug.4930 said:Mounts are the biggest crutch thats ever been introduced to this game, and players who only seek to get back to the zerg, and believe that any other type of play is PlAyInG tHe GAmE wRoNg will fight tooth and nail to keep their crutch.Do you know whos the easiest to dismount because they think they are safe on their mounts?

I'll give you a hint: its not the roamers that got the punch to dismount.

Not going to lie. Personally I like the mounts. It removed actual ganking (stealthing between garri/bay/hills sm/keeps and 2 shotting opponents), now there is only roaming groups defending their stuff left which are also called gankers for some reason?

It simply emphasized fighting, actual good players/ people whom made builds for 1v1. So I play vs them more, than players that a spec up for zerg fights, or are looking to join up with their guild/blob, even though being an awful build for any 1v1 situation. But then again, I have always heavily disliked the ganking aspect of WvW, and thought it was cheesy contrary to 1v1/blob fighting or 2v3+ so I might be biased xD

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"abasedfear.6051" said:Your video shows nothing about how mounts suck. If they won't fight, just move on. Oh, but they kept hopping around you? Then lead them into a zerg! If they're just hopping around you, they're
not attacking
you. You were out of combat for long periods of time early on while they kept hopping away, so you could have mounted up and gone anywhere else, anytime you wanted. Your argument
might
have had more impact if one of these guys had pounced you dead. They didn't even do that. These two only put a beatdown on you
after
they dismounted - though really, you dismounted one of them, albeit through a
greatly
labored effort. Mounts by themselves don't do much damage, even to another low-HP mount, so you could have gone somewhere else and found another fight very easily.

It clearly shows how ridiculous player engagement/interaction is in the mode. Show this to any PvP focused community and try to say nothing is wrong with it.No it shows how a warrior got baited into doing something utterly futile and pointless. Whether they had been on foot or mounted wouldnt have made any difference - they baited, he swallowed it hook line and sinker. He didnt need to be there
at all
fighting them and its quite obvious they where not really interested either. Nothing would be gained for either side no matter the end result. If you want to "seek fights" as a "roamer" against other "roamers", then you're going to want to threaten objectives because
that
will get people to dismount and fight.

Beg to different because they would have actually been able to be hit instead of hopping around and desyncing their position cause the skills to constantly bug out.

Whether he did or didnt need to be there depends on what was going on in the map. That area is usually the gathering spot for pugs to harass the castle. But that shouldn't matter either way because it's still warzone, attacks can happen from anywhere.

Also this is literally zero difference from how high mobility classes used to troll people pre-mounts. And well, still do.

High mobility classes before were actually killable, and if they got away then they got away. That's their build and skill level showing they mastered their own classes mobility, chances are they had no killing power unless it was an old school thief.

@abasedfear.6051 said:Big deal. Like I said, you don't like them hopping around you, walk away. If they keep hopping around you, chasing you down, then run them into a zerg! They may be hopping around you, but they're not doing anything to you. If any PvP-focused community really thinks what they're doing in that video is trolling, those people need some thicker skin. And WvW isn't any typical PvP-focused community. It's a PvP-casual, no-holds-barred landscape. Trolls everywhere, and they don't need mounts to do far worse than what that video shows. The only thing I don't like about mounts is the death-pounce, but if I got low enough for it to factor, I'm probably dead anyway.

They aren't asking how to deal with it, they are complaining that this shit just isn't ok.

@zengara.8301 said:Not going to lie. Personally I like the mounts. It removed actual ganking (stealthing between garri/bay/hills sm/keeps and 2 shotting opponents), now there is only roaming groups defending their stuff left which are also called gankers for some reason?

It simply emphasized fighting, actual good players/ people whom made builds for 1v1. So I play vs them more, than players that a spec up for zerg fights, or are looking to join up with their guild/blob, even though being an awful build for any 1v1 situation. But then again, I have always heavily disliked the ganking aspect of WvW, and thought it was cheesy contrary to 1v1/blob fighting or 2v3+ so I might be biased xD

Ganking is just apart of the game mode.

I know zerglings like to say gankers aren't playing the game properly but thats so far from the truth.

A ganker is usually just a roamer.. a roamer for green side whos at durious picking off strays on the blue side whos fighting his allies at durious... the lag picks up so the roamer falls back a little towards blue keep in an effort to gank people trying to regroup. Cant afford to have skill delay as a roamer, all skills are needed and important.

Gank that staff ele because thats 1 less water field.Gank that necro so theres one less DPS..Gank that Firebrand for 1 less support.8 or so people have died, more roamers have joined and we have banked up about 10 people at blue keep acting as bouncers to a party... thier access is denied, reinforcements have been cut off.

After the engagement, duri is owned by green side and you hit up dane while your server hits Bravost or Pang. You then hit the sentries and move on to wherever killing any you come across. You head through the catacombs and see a dude in the archway of blue keep pewpew at someone so you snipe a quick gank and keep moving.

This is Recon work and obviously they are playing the game properly, more so than the ones just zerging.

Everyone who died to that roamer labeled that roamer as a dirty ganker.

Mounts are indeed in need of major adjustments. Frankly in my opinion you remove 100% of the hit points and anyone placed in combat is immediately dismounted. While adding a 10 sec remount to the equation, 5 is much too short. Mind you i would recommend they remove the knock down that currently exist while being dismounted. This does a few things for both the large game player and the small havoc groups, 1 the large game player that wants to rush back to their tag and mindlessly smash keys can quickly do so. But while they are indeed in a WvW zone take precaution of how they go about getting back to their zerg safely. 2 The small havoc groups of 3-5 players could easily dismount the adds in their fights and manage the fight more effectively. Frankly the small man game is dying and ANET MUST make adjustments. Ohh and the whole ideal we are going to give u a mount skill that dismounts ppl is a fail idea unless it is not voidable when the player has 3 evades. Frankly I am tired of this being a #'s wins fight game, what happen to needing a bit of skill to win a fight.

Just my 2 CentsQuick - Your Not-So-Friendly Keep Tapper

Ok so anyone with Amazon Prime video please fire up “Bosch” Season 4, Episode 1. There’s about a 60 second clip starting at 31:18 that will make you LMAO. First person to get that up on youtube and post it here, I’ll mail you 500 gold tomorrow after work. No kidding, and Goodnight. B)

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@zengara.8301 said:Not going to lie. Personally I like the mounts. It removed actual ganking (stealthing between garri/bay/hills sm/keeps and 2 shotting opponents), now there is only roaming groups defending their stuff left which are also called gankers for some reason?

I know zerglings like to say gankers aren't playing the game properly but thats so far from the truth.

A ganker is usually just a roamer.. a roamer for green side whos at durious picking off strays on the blue side whos fighting his allies at durious... the lag picks up so the roamer falls back a little towards blue keep in an effort to gank people trying to regroup. Cant afford to have skill delay as a roamer, all skills are needed and important.

Gank that staff ele because thats 1 less water field.Gank that necro so theres one less DPS..Gank that Firebrand for 1 less support.8 or so people have died, more roamers have joined and we have banked up about 10 people at blue keep acting as bouncers to a party... thier access is denied, reinforcements have been cut off.

After the engagement, duri is owned by green side and you hit up dane while your server hits Bravost or Pang. You then hit the sentries and move on to wherever killing any you come across. You head through the catacombs and see a dude in the archway of blue keep pewpew at someone so you snipe a quick gank and keep moving.

This is Recon work and obviously they are playing the game properly, more so than the ones just zerging.

wow, I never called them dirty, and everything you literally wrote seems to have nothing to do with what I wrote o.o I wrote that when I am roaming, I like to fight good players. And with the mount the people who do decide to actually fight, usually are interesting to fight.

-It seems like you are defending a set of very specific classes. That is kinda shunned by commanders, which they would like you to switch to meta blob classes, but you are justifying that these classes are good for WvW in general. Because the people who are trying to reach the commander, will die by gankers......if they nerf/remove mounts? o.o Either way, I do not think these classes are useless

Idk dude, I am not against these classes, nor their use in WvW, I actually like thiefs/mesmers. I am just writing that if you made a 1v1 build. You probably should aim to fight others whom are good. Not remove/nerf a mount, to be able to gank bronze players better. You can obviously do whatever you want to (as long as the devs let you), but what you are asking for is literally only -access to kill weaklings- (people not on their proper 1v1 builds)

@zengara.8301 said:

wow, I never called them dirty, and everything you literally wrote seems to have nothing to do with what I wrote o.o I wrote that when I am roaming, I like to fight good players. And with the mount the people who do decide to actually fight, usually are interesting to fight.

-It seems like you are defending a set of very specific classes. That is kinda shunned by commanders, which they would like you to switch to meta blob classes, but you are justifying that these classes are good for WvW in general. Because the people who are trying to reach the commander, will die by gankers......if they nerf/remove mounts? o.o Either way, I do not think these classes are useless

Idk dude, I am not against these classes, nor their use in WvW, I actually like thiefs/mesmers. I am just writing that if you made a 1v1 build. You probably should aim to fight others whom are good. Not remove/nerf a mount, to be able to gank bronze players better. You can obviously do whatever you want to (as long as the devs let you), but what you are asking for is literally only -access to kill weaklings- (people not on their proper 1v1 builds)

Let me stop you there.

2 things.First, Im not defending any class or build.. it was a common situation I find myself in as a roamer.

Second, the point of that situation was based at your dislike for ganking aspect, theres nothing to feel bad about or to dislike because it's an action that we all take part in when we enter WvW, the same as running or using skills.