Nobody blasts fire fields anymore because heralds guards etc. It's been long since I've seen ppl coordinate blasts in water fields. Simply put, combos used to matter back in the vanilla days when one had to build up for a burst carefully, now everything is so bursty combos don't really change anything in the meta. maybe except for scrappers with lightning fields. The point is, combos are too mediocre, but they should have a game-changing effect in my opinion. Be aware this is totally from the view of a filthy casual ele main lol.
1. Fire: I coordinate 3 of my blasts on weaver to get 9, one-digit stacks of might while preparing mantra of pain gives 12 on mirage. It should give at least like 5 stacks of might to be rewarding, and I keep wondering wow I'm taking the effort to BLAST this SCORCHING thing and it does nothing to enemies? Like Sigil of Fire, make a small dmg flame blast at the origin point.
Currently leap in fire gives fire aura which synergizes well with fire weaver, but basically it's nothing for any other builds. maybe apply burning like projectiles at the end of the leap.
I'm very biased against pewpewers so I'll leave projectiles to ur imaginations lol.
barely seen whirl finishers lol(who takes tornados? o.o)
2. Water: blasts are generally great burst heal for solo roaming(holo, weaver). maybe add small regen or vigor. leaps also provide great heals, I'm not sure what to add.
3. Lightning: who needs area swiftness nowadays...... asides from scrappers I think this fields is useless atm. blasts should give like quickness + ele dagger 2 effect. leaps daze the target, but wouldn't stuns fit the electric concept better? maybe these suggestions would be too overtuned for scrappers..
4. Ice: blasts should totally have sigil of hydromancy effect. not many classes have ice fields so im not sure actually..
5. Dark, Light, Poison, Ethereal etc, I leave these up to u.
tl;dr: ele main qqing on forums