How do you win?

I find the best way to fight CI Mirage right now is to start playing Firebrand. Every other side-noder besides Holo has been nerfed and CI Mirage is a pretty hard matchup for Holo(Another class with way too high sustain/damage and the only other not nerfed this patch btw.)

As a Firebrand, you hardly interact with the enemy Mirage, and the less interaction you have with them, the more fun and rewarding GW2 PvP is. =)

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:I find the best way to fight CI Mirage right now is to start playing Firebrand. Every other side-noder besides Holo has been nerfed and CI Mirage is a pretty hard matchup for Holo(Another class with way too high sustain/damage and the only other not nerfed this patch btw.)

As a Firebrand, you hardly interact with the enemy Mirage, and the less interaction you have with them, the more fun and rewarding GW2 PvP is. =)

Dude you a spellbreaker, 60% of the time you immune to powerdamage and on top of that your dodgeroll van hit more then half the skills of hot elite specs, you have amazing damage, above AVG regen and mobility

How easy you want to have IT?

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:I find the best way to fight CI Mirage right now is to start playing Firebrand. Every other side-noder besides Holo has been nerfed and CI Mirage is a pretty hard matchup for Holo(Another class with way too high sustain/damage and the only other not nerfed this patch btw.)

Dude you a spellbreaker, 60% of the time you immune to powerdamage and on top of that your dodgeroll van hit more then half the skills of hot elite specs, you have amazing damage, above AVG regen and mobility

Tbh I would love to be immune to damage 60% of the time again, but Endure Pain and defense have fallen out of play almost completely in PvP.

If you're a WvW player, I feel you.

You need to make sure you land more hits than they do, the amount equivalent to the difference in profession strength.

Interrupting essential skills like their heal will give you a 5 second upper hand regardless of how strong their build is.

Set up your bursts. You want every hit of it to land, while denying them the same gratification.

Just even it out with skill. Anyone can do it, it just requires practice and conscious thinking. Just be patient and let them panic, doesn't matter how strong their build is if they start to backpedal.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Tbh I would love to be immune to damage 60% of the time again, but Endure Pain and defense have fallen out of play almost completely in PvP.

If you're a WvW player, I feel you.

I would love to be immune to dammage at that percentage of time. Also, same thing for dammage on dodges. But I don't play Berserker stats in PvP, that is suicide.

Actually Mirage CI isn't as bad as people think. I played it before people were even talking about it on the forums. It is primarily a support build. Sure you can kill people (slowly), but staff is mostly a defensive weapon. So basically 1 of you weapon sets is for defense and other for offense, and they don't really work well together imo unless you are a very skilled player. CI in a team fight is great but the immob isn't guaranteed as the daze has to interrupt a skill to work, which really is not as easy as people are making out. You can go a whole 1v1s or 1v2s (not easy on this build) and not get an immob. I stopped using it because the damage isn't good, and you can't take out a tank with it.

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

How does immunity against Power Damage help against a CI Mirage?

@"Bloodwine.6450" said:Ok so I’ve been away from the scene for some time, can someone please explain to me what a CI Mirage is and why it’s all over the forums?

CI mirage is a condition mirage that uses chaotic interruption and daze mantra to immobilize.It's all over the forums because its what the "knowledgeable community" does every time mesmer has one playable build.