Living World Season 2.

Hello. I just returned to playing after a long, long time away, so I purchased both Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire to catch up, only I never finished Season 2, which I was working on but can't progress past The Dragon's Reach Part 1 because Part 2 is locked and is asking for Gems to unlock. Did I screw something up or is the content locked behind a pay wall?

It’s locked behind a paywall.

You can purchase them separately but it’s generally advisable to purchase the season unlock if you plan to play the others since it’s discounted. The cost of the season unlock will adjust based on the number of episodes you already have unlocked.

I would also personally wait as this may go on sale within the next month.

@Grishnaakh.2143 said:That's shady. I really hope the two DLC's I paid for aren't like that. Guess I'll work on them instead.

All Seasons between expansion are paid content. They are only free if you logged in during each episodes release window. If not, Season 3 and Season 4 will require purchasing (they do not come with the expansions since the are episodic content, but S3 requires and follows HoT and S4 requires and follows PoF)

A new player wanting all content would have to buy 2 expansions and 3 seasons

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Grishnaakh.2143 said:That's shady. I really hope the two DLC's I paid for aren't like that. Guess I'll work on them instead.

All Seasons between expansion are paid content. They are only free if you logged in during each episodes release window. If not, Season 3 and Season 4 will require purchasing (they do not come with the expansions since the are episodic content, but S3 requires and follows HoT and S4 requires and follows PoF)

Wish I had known that before buying the expansions, probably would have saved my money.

@Grishnaakh.2143 said:

Wish I had known that before buying the expansions, probably would have saved my money.

It's not well advertised I agree. If it is any consolation, you can buy them with in game currency too by converting gold to gems. It's not cheap, but it does save on real money

@Randulf.7614 said:

It's not well advertised I agree. If it is any consolation, you can buy them with in game currency too by converting gold to gems. It's not cheap, but it does save on real money

Yeah. It is what it is I suppose. Like I said, it's been a long time since I played last. I think I was still working on Scarlet when I stopped playing, so in game funds are pretty limited.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You may be surprised at the worth of items you may have stored away.

Plus, you get all those great Birthday Gifts. (Do use the Wiki to investigate your choices.)

Welcome return.

Yeah most of my stuff was worthless before I took a break. Bank was full of boosters and crafting materials I can't sell on the auction house.