Join Us for a Special Live Event TOMORROW (Friday August 30)

• ArenaNet Staff
![](https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/956a3ecc42S5_LW_logo_EN.png "")

It’s almost time for you to set out on your next adventure. Are you ready to catch the very first look at an all-new chapter in Guild Wars 2‘s Living World story?

Join us at the Moore Theatre in Seattle, Washington, on Friday, August 30 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) and be a part of the excitement live. If you can’t attend in person, we’ll livestream the announcement with a developer presentation and more on our official Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook channels.

The event will run for approximately forty-five minutes, so you can kick off your PAX West weekend with all your Guild Wars 2 friends!

Attendance is first come, first served, with no entry fee or ticket required. Grab your seat early—the first five hundred attendees will get a Guild Wars 2 swag bag with fun surprises inside. We’ll see you there!

We will be taking questions in advance and we will answer as many as we can over the course of the event. So share below what you’d like to know from the team about the newest chapter of Guild Wars 2 Living World.

Announcement Event Details

• Date and Time: August 30, 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)
  • Watch Live: Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook

Edit: updated the title!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Randulf.7614 said:Looks like a September launch is likely then unless they are planning to launch it the same day since it is a Tuesday (highly unlikely though)

The announcement is on a Friday. I guess they could release it the next tuesday, which is september 3, but I get the feeling it'll be the 10th. Still, it's nice to know that in a little over a month we'll get an announcement. Kind of sad things are taking so long, but at least something is happening.

@Etria.3642 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Looks like a September launch is likely then unless they are planning to launch it the same day since it is a Tuesday (highly unlikely though)

The announcement is on a Friday. I guess they could release it the next tuesday, which is september 3, but I get the feeling it'll be the 10th. Still, it's nice to know that in a little over a month we'll get an announcement. Kind of sad things are taking so long, but at least something is happening.

Yep, my bad. Calendar reading failure on my part - I've edited my post

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Do the Devs have, and will they share with us, an expected release cadence for Living World Season 5?1 - 2 month intervals?2 - 3 month intervals?3 - 4 month intervals?4+ month intervals?

Are there still 3 Living World Teams? More? Less?Are there any other Guild Wars 2 projects being worked on? ;)

This information has already been told to us - there are 4 living world teams and they are still aiming for the 2-3 month release cadence.

Not including the alliance system will there be any new content such as new maps , tactics, packable siege, or new siege weaponry?Any status in shorter matches and server links?Any plans to make the Edge of the Mists viable?Any plans to make events like no down state and core swap come around more frequently and are there more plans in the mix to add to that list?

My first mmo I ever played had an Order and Chaos system in it. It allowed guilds to join one faction or the other an allowed them to fight freely in the open world. Is this totally out of the realm of possibilities of doing something similar so players can battle out in the open world?

@Adotiln Urthadar.1823 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Do the Devs have, and will they share with us, an expected release cadence for Living World Season 5?1 - 2 month intervals?2 - 3 month intervals?3 - 4 month intervals?4+ month intervals?

Are there still 3 Living World Teams? More? Less?Are there any other Guild Wars 2 projects being worked on? ;)

This information has already been told to us - there are 4 living world teams and they are still aiming for the 2-3 month release cadence.

When did they say this? Since this years restructuring?

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Oh, really? Last I heard there were 3 Living World Teams, and last announcement Mike Z. said they were adjusting release cadences, and no specific time between was, at that time, stated.

The 4 Content Teams were mentioned in the April update by Gamer Director Mike Zadorojny: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72842/what-s-next-for-guild-wars-2/

Oh, are 'Content Teams' the same as Living World Teams? Are there then 4 (Content Team = Living World Team) Teams plus the Current Activities Team (which I thought, perhaps mistakenly, was a 'Content Team').

If so, then I change my question to: How many Teams work on Living World, and how many other Teams are there, and what do they work on (generally)?

Will we see some others greatly animated cutscene with our character within them like the one with joko in episode 3? Also more stunning mechanics like passing over kralkatorrik and chasing it in the sky? (Episode 5 and 6) was really awesome, great job.

Now about season 5 itself:-Will it be composed of one main threat/goal or each episode have one story each by themselves?-Does extanding an old map means adding a portal leading to a new map next to it?