Let's hear your baseless hopes for where the story goes next!

Tamias.7059

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Narcemus.1348" said:Not story, but I have a friend who is dead certain that we will be having a spider mount that can use the Oakheart's Essense "spider man pull" and cling to the walls.

That was originally going to happen but dropped because it scared some people. Also the skyscale’s wall clinging is kind of that feature already so not likely

@Fenom.9457 said:

@"Narcemus.1348" said:Not story, but I have a friend who is dead certain that we will be having a spider mount that can use the Oakheart's Essense "spider man pull" and cling to the walls.

That was originally going to happen but dropped because it scared some people. Also the skyscale’s wall clinging is kind of that feature already so not likely

Honestly, this baseless idea was long before the sky scale existed. And I feel like the spider would be a very different situation than the skyscale.

With the elder dragon threat mostly resolved now I been thinking, besides Elona having a long long recovering effort with the pact commader, and allies help.That is their a risk of the charr legions breaking their temporary treaty with the humans of Ascalon in Ebonhawk, and the kingdom of Kryta?This could happen because Fume brighteye's (who hates humans just cause her sire Hothor Brightblood was killed, which could be the reason she hates humans.) somehow replaces Smodur the Unflinching maybe he is killed or he unable to lead, cause he has been poison or something has caused him to be unable to be Iron Legions leader, and breaks the treaty and with Imperator Bangar Ruinbringer who also hates humans (which includes my Ascalonain male human character Tarwin even if he help the charr countless times in missions in the game and dose not have any reason to hate the charr.) purposely breaks the treaty with both Fume, and Banga declaring all the charr who helped the humans, and fought with them, as traitors including the charr pact commanders, this would shatter warbands as many charr warbands, have warband mates in the Pact and in Lions Arch city, and any other group that has humans in it.

Many charr including Rytock the charr pact commanders, and other charr heroes, and so many charr all over Tyria who just found out they been kicked out of the legions cause they work with humans would feel betrayed, and may fight with my character Tarwin just to stop the Hostile charr from trying to start another war with the humans of Ascalon again.

The war would see so many charr in the pact, including Ash Legion, and their leader Malice Swordshadow, the Iron, Blood legion charr who do not want to fight the humans of Ascalon, or believe this is outrageous that Fume and Bangar, and other charr who side with the two Imperator are foolishly starting a war with humans just cause they hate them so muchbeing force to fight the legions under Fume and Banger.This war would see my character Tarwin the pact commader trying to win as many charr to his side as possible, and save his home Ebonhawk, defeat the hostile charr that started the war and remove both Fume Brighteye's , and Bangar Ruinbringer from power, the war would see the charr legions as a whole crippled as many charr refuse to support Fume Brighteye's, and Bangar Ruinbringer and many more fight for them, so many people on both sides Fume Brighteye's, and Bangar Ruinbringer side and on Tarwin the pact commanders side would die.

And then their be bitter male and female charr on both sides that lost something, their warband, their reason to fight, and wanting to know what they are really been fighting for, some charr may have even lost the will to fight cause they cannot bare to kill another one of their own kin. My human character Tarwin confronting Fume would probably get some self justification how (applies if your cahracteer is human) Tarwin's race humans are are at fault for killing her sire Hothor Brightblood, Tarwin responding her justification of the war is wrong (Fume Brighteyes could maybe be Mentally insane and not really in charge and the real one in charge of the war could Be Bangar who could be using Fume to further his possible plan to become Khan-ur so maybe Fume is just being used.) Fume, either will die fighting Tarwin, and his allies, or Tarwin after beating her in combat is able talk her down, that both of them do not have to be enemies and he willing to speak on her behave so she can be spared, (because Tarwin believes in mercy) and is able to get Fume Brighteyes to surrender. Bangar would certainly die fighting as he will never give up to a human. Banger would try and killTarwin in some duel only to be killed by Rytlock who is very angry at Banger, and hates him for nearly destroying the Legions by starting another war.

The after math of the war would see the legions in bad shape crippled from fighting Tarwin, and his allies, and from within, the legions could be at risk of falling apart at this point that someone among the charr must become Khan-ur to unit the charr and keep the legions from falling into chaos, who would it be I have no idea.This is all something that could happen either in the after math of guild wars 2 or during the game itself in the next season, will happen it could , as what I wrote above could happen.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

Norn: There are several factions forming. some wants to move back north totheir old homesteads. Some want to stay where they are. Some want to worship the dragon and others oppose it. the assasination of Knut Whitebeard brings this back in a political battle over the leadership of the norn while struggling to keep the community together.

I don't think you understand the norn very much.

Hrrrmn. Long-term, I see a return to Cantha, but I'd see that as expansion content and I wouldn't expect the entirety of season 5 to be "preparing to go to Cantha".

So here's my thoughts:

We have a lot of loose ends hanging for the Norn at the moment - Braham's damaging of the tooth and new Destiny's Edge, hints in Dragon Bash of something going on with Norn women claiming to be in communion with Dragon, which given the timing might be linked to Aurene's ascension, and while magic is still in a highly concentrated state, it's unlikely that Jormag and Primordus will remain in hibernation for long. It's also been a while since the norn got the focus at all. So I'd expect Season 5 to start off with exploring these themes, possibly featuring a location north of Bitterfrost Frontier which the norn have been pushing into.

Second chapter switches to the charr. With no new crisis immediately looming, Smodur thinks it's time for Rytlock to attempt the ghost-cleansing ritual again. The ritual gets interrupted by Flame Legion, and one of the important artifacts for the ritual is stolen. We pursue the Flame Legion to their new base north of Fireheart Rise, where at the conclusion of the chapter, evidence is found that Bangar Ruinbringer had informed the Flame Legion of the ritual.

Third chapter brings us back to the west. We finally get an update on Zojja's condition and look into Taimi's. We also find evidence that destroyer activity is on the rise again - possibly including a return to the Fire Islands.

Fourth chapter starts with a cry for help from the norn. Jormag has risen again, and in the climax of the battle, the realisation is made that we simply can't destroy Jormag right now since doing so without a replacement would overturn the balance of magic.

In the fifth chapter, we see the response of the Iron and Ash Legions to Bangar's apparent betrayal in Chapter 2. Charr civil war concludes with sneaking Rytlock in to challenge Bangar for the title of Imperator.

For the finale, the walls of the Dominion of Winds are breached as the tengu are subjected to a large-scale Destroyer invasion, forcing them to call for Pact assistance. During the fighting, the tengu learn about Glint's plan and legacy, and raise the possibility that Kuunavang might make a good candidate. The season concludes with preparations being made for an expedition.

(The charr and norn subplots could potentially be switched in the order.)

@"draxynnic.3719" said:Hrrrmn. Long-term, I see a return to Cantha, but I'd see that as expansion content and I wouldn't expect the entirety of season 5 to be "preparing to go to Cantha".

So here's my thoughts:

We have a lot of loose ends hanging for the Norn at the moment - Braham's damaging of the tooth and new Destiny's Edge, hints in Dragon Bash of something going on with Norn women claiming to be in communion with Dragon, which given the timing might be linked to Aurene's ascension, and while magic is still in a highly concentrated state, it's unlikely that Jormag and Primordus will remain in hibernation for long. It's also been a while since the norn got the focus at all. So I'd expect Season 5 to start off with exploring these themes, possibly featuring a location north of Bitterfrost Frontier which the norn have been pushing into.

Second chapter switches to the charr. With no new crisis immediately looming, Smodur thinks it's time for Rytlock to attempt the ghost-cleansing ritual again. The ritual gets interrupted by Flame Legion, and one of the important artifacts for the ritual is stolen. We pursue the Flame Legion to their new base north of Fireheart Rise, where at the conclusion of the chapter, evidence is found that Bangar Ruinbringer had informed the Flame Legion of the ritual.

Third chapter brings us back to the west. We finally get an update on Zojja's condition and look into Taimi's. We also find evidence that destroyer activity is on the rise again - possibly including a return to the Fire Islands.

Fourth chapter starts with a cry for help from the norn. Jormag has risen again, and in the climax of the battle, the realisation is made that we simply can't destroy Jormag right now since doing so without a replacement would overturn the balance of magic.

In the fifth chapter, we see the response of the Iron and Ash Legions to Bangar's apparent betrayal in Chapter 2. Charr civil war concludes with sneaking Rytlock in to challenge Bangar for the title of Imperator.

For the finale, the walls of the Dominion of Winds are breached as the tengu are subjected to a large-scale Destroyer invasion, forcing them to call for Pact assistance. During the fighting, the tengu learn about Glint's plan and legacy, and raise the possibility that Kuunavang might make a good candidate. The season concludes with preparations being made for an expedition.

Hey maybe then we free at last the flame legions female charr slaves at long last cause I been wanting to free the flame legions female charr for so long.

@"draxynnic.3719" said:Hrrrmn. Long-term, I see a return to Cantha, but I'd see that as expansion content and I wouldn't expect the entirety of season 5 to be "preparing to go to Cantha".

So here's my thoughts:

That’s not bad! Except the bangar plot would likely escalate to a blood legion attack on the other races and charr legions, and be a new expansion

@Dragana.1497 said:

Norn: There are several factions forming. some wants to move back north totheir old homesteads. Some want to stay where they are. Some want to worship the dragon and others oppose it. the assasination of Knut Whitebeard brings this back in a political battle over the leadership of the norn while struggling to keep the community together.

I don't think you understand the norn very much.

I do not think that you understand the art of argumenting very well. It means that it helps if you actually make one, isntead of just saying that someone is not understanding the norn very well.

Norn are highly individualistic and prefer living on their own. However, they do like to get together to feast and brawl together (and to have their legends told by the Skaald). for this purpose they need to get together. With the Dragon bash festival there where/are (havent checked if it stayed) some additional lines of dialogue in the sons of svanir area in Houlbrak explaining about the current debate about dragons.

I think you might have a fan fiction understanding of the Norn, but without further arguments from your side, I think my understanding seems to be very well in line with my theory.

@Fenom.9457 said:

So here's my thoughts:

That’s not bad! Except the bangar plot would likely escalate to a blood legion attack on the other races and charr legions, and be a new expansion

Possibly, possibly not. If you consider the White Mantle arc, for instance, that was a few raid wings and three chapters of Season 3. An inter-legion charr war might well be more than a couple of chapters, but I don't see an internal problem for one race that isn't linked to the overarching story (elder dragons, Glint's legacy, and the magic overload) being an expansion.

They could leave it still brewing while the Commander focuses on other things, but promotion through challenge has been presented as being a significant part of charr culture, especially the Blood Legion. It's something that means such a crisis can be as long and short as ArenaNet wishes it to be.

My wishlist for Season 5:

• No saving the world stuff. We've saved the world umpteen times already, it's giving Princess Peach a run for her money.
  • No big, overarching villain plot. We've killed three elder dragons, a god, two would-be gods and a few more leftovers from GW1. We deserve a rest. Do commanders/champions/whatever get vacation days? Overtime?
  • Let's wrap up some more loose ends. Find Malyck's tree, wipe out the Flame Legion, see how the Olmakhan affect Charr society, drink beer with the Norn, check on the Inquest and Nightmare Court, catch up with the Pale Tree, do more drinking with the Norn...
  • Visit the Dominion of Winds. We've got all sorts of flying, gliding and jumping abilities now, that would be a great place to use them.
  • Figure out what's going on with Dragon's Watch. Maybe we can finally get Canach to join? Please?
  • Lord Swordmaster Faren.

@Tarlonniel.6534 said:My wishlist for Season 5:

• No saving the world stuff. We've saved the world umpteen times already, it's giving Princess Peach a run for her money.
  • No big, overarching villain plot. We've killed three elder dragons, a god, two would-be gods and a few more leftovers from GW1. We deserve a rest. Do commanders/champions/whatever get vacation days? Overtime?
  • Let's wrap up some more loose ends. Find Malyck's tree, wipe out the Flame Legion, see how the Olmakhan affect Charr society, drink beer with the Norn, check on the Inquest and Nightmare Court, catch up with the Pale Tree, do more drinking with the Norn...
  • Visit the Dominion of Winds. We've got all sorts of flying, gliding and jumping abilities now, that would be a great place to use them.
  • Figure out what's going on with Dragon's Watch. Maybe we can finally get Canach to join? Please?
  • Lord Swordmaster Faren.

And making sure the that the charr like Banager and Fume do not start another war jsut cause the elder dragons are dead or asleep.

For the record, people saying that Cantha won't happen because its Human-centric: It can be Tengu-centric instead. They played a heavy part in Cantha, and if they tied it in with them as a new race and opening up the Dominion of Winds, it could very well work.

But I imagine that we're going to the Blood Legion Homelands instead, the Charr have been backseat for a while.

Whilst I personally want to see some focus on the charr and norn, I still don't really get this whole aversion to "human-centric" stuff, especially when that human-centric stuff almost invariably involves breaking down some core aspects of Guild Wars humans and generally kicking them about and laughing at them. Isn't that what people opposed to "human-centric" stuff like to see?

And by it's nature, anything based on Guild Wars 1 stuff will be "human-centric" because they were the only playable race. That's just a fact that people are going to have to accept at some point.

I do worry that season 5 will be too scattered in terms of overall story - much like season 3, where we were ping-ponging all over the place following different leads only very loosely related to the dragon threat - I wasn't too fond of that approach to a LW season. However, there are TONS of loose threads that need to be dealt with, and I could forgive a messy overall plot if they got addressed:

• Malyck's tree (#1 story wish for me)
  • Where is Zojja? And can we get an original DE reunion with her included?
  • Aurene's found her way, but how do we deal with the imbalance of death and plant-based magics?
  • Braham damaged Jormag's tooth, but I don't think we've spoken a word about that since
  • Rytlock needs to circle back to the foefire cleansing we attempted in season 2

If none of these things are part of the picture, then I truly hope for either a Norn-centric plot, or a Charr-centric plot for the upcoming season and even into the next expansion. I main Sylvari but Norn have gotten the short end of things for far too long. Feels like nearly every Norn NPC is either mocked/laughed at or used as fodder for story-based deaths. Would love to see that change. Charr need love and story development too so I'd love to see us travel deeper into their homelands etc. For me personally, I'd rather hold on the Cantha/Tengu/DSD stuff until either next xpac, or preferably the one after that.

@Pia.5839 said:I do worry that season 5 will be too scattered in terms of overall story - much like season 3, where we were ping-ponging all over the place following different leads only very loosely related to the dragon threat - I wasn't too fond of that approach to a LW season. However, there are TONS of loose threads that need to be dealt with, and I could forgive a messy overall plot if they got addressed:

• Malyck's tree (#1 story wish for me)
  • Where is Zojja? And can we get an original DE reunion with her included?
  • Aurene's found her way, but how do we deal with the imbalance of death and plant-based magics?
  • Braham damaged Jormag's tooth, but I don't think we've spoken a word about that since
  • Rytlock needs to circle back to the foefire cleansing we attempted in season 2

If none of these things are part of the picture, then I truly hope for either a Norn-centric plot, or a Charr-centric plot for the upcoming season and even into the next expansion. I main Sylvari but Norn have gotten the short end of things for far too long. Feels like nearly every Norn NPC is either mocked/laughed at or used as fodder for story-based deaths. Would love to see that change. Charr need love and story development too so I'd love to see us travel deeper into their homelands etc. For me personally, I'd rather hold on the Cantha/Tengu/DSD stuff until either next xpac, or preferably the one after that.

I want too see what the charrr legions think of the Olamakan and if the charr legions are now at risk of having hostile charr try and start another war agains the humans of Ascalon and Kyrta cause the charr leader never said they be at peace forever no I believe a number of foolish charr like Banger and Fume will attempt to force the charr to start hating the humans again when so many charr do not care about that now, and will to start the war again.