Why is FGS still at 180s of cooldown?

Razor.6392

It's not an "I win" elite. It's no one wolf pack (60s cd), it's not rampage (120s, 96 if traited and its always traited), prime light beam (60s cd), winds of disenchantment (90s cd) or dagger storm (90s cd)

It's a freaking mobility tool with some decent DPS and an evade attached. No one has ever said in the history of games "oh fuck he popped fgs, careful". WHY DOES IT HAVE SUCH A LONG CD? Even weave self has a ridiculous 90s cd... but that's another topic.

The only elites that have 180s cd are racial skills, whirlpool (of course), battle standard and time warp.

Why does elementalist always get the short end of the stick? Scepter skills are still bugged since release and no one has cared to fix a fucking line of code in 2 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@"Razor.6392" said:No one has ever said in the history of games "oh kitten he popped fgs, careful". WHY DOES IT HAVE SUCH A LONG CD?I agree the cooldown should be shortened.

Anyone who hasn't said "oh shit he popped fgs, careful" around me has probably paid a heavy price for it, though.

@Noble.2670 said:I couldn’t agree more, but it’s a ridiculously long cd for how impactful of an elite it is, All the core elite skills are pretty useless for what they cost compared to other classes

Not true.Let's have a look:

• lich form bad
  • flesh golem comparable to elemental
  • plaguelands only good on condi build
  • signet of rage doesn't feel elite
  • battle standard bad
  • rampage similar to FGS (long cooldown for what it does)
  • elixir X bad (random factor)

Others are decent.IMO, glyph is fine in pve. It provides usefull elementals on decent cooldown.I like FGS, but cooldown is so high..And tornado is hopeless, dunno why it wasn't change after 6 years! Note that underwater whirlpool is decent.

At one point fgs used to allow for one shots. How badly I miss that ?

The flame trail from skill 4, if you stacked it all in one location, each area of the field would tick damage.

Anyway, nowadays there's no reason for the cooldown. 60 seconds should suffice. Or 90 at the most.

@Stallic.2397 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Conjures should just be kits.

Say it louder for the ones in the back

While the idea is cool, it wouldn't be good to be forced into piano play more than we already are. Engineer was far to pigeonholed into all utilities being kits for a long time.However, I could see if all conjures were Elite kits, and you had to choose only one...

Elite Skill need a bit of change, meaning shorter CD and tuned so it's no a i win kind of skill.On all my characters i so rarely use them, sometimes i just forget completely that they are there, well.. on some characters.

Really like to use different ones just to mix it up a bit, Hounds of Balthazar anyone ? =) but the other ones are usually far superior, shame really.

Because it's a sharable skill kit.

Technically it allow 2 players to make use of it at the same time. It's true that most elementalist tend to use conjure into a rigid dps rotation and thus hate having their 2nd conjure "stolen" from them but the conjures are initially designed to be shared with other.

Objectively, FGS is a pretty decent elite giving to the wielders (you and an ally) a 30s power/condition damage buff and a mid range weapon skill kit with evade and mobility skills. You can add to that that 180 seconds for 30 seconds of use is basically the same uptime than 120 seconds CD for 20 seconds of use and that you are not locked out of your utilities.

I know that the way conjure work isn't satisfying but, truly, there is no reason to be jealous of other elite skills. If you were to talk about tornado, I'd understand the disatisfaction but FGS stay a strong option for the elementalist.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Because it's a sharable skill kit.

Technically it allow 2 players to make use of it at the same time. It's true that most elementalist tend to use conjure into a rigid dps rotation and thus hate having their 2nd conjure "stolen" from them but the conjures are initially designed to be shared with other.

Objectively, FGS is a pretty decent elite giving to the wielders (you and an ally) a 30s power/condition damage buff and a mid range weapon skill kit with evade and mobility skills. You can add to that that 180 seconds for 30 seconds of use is basically the same uptime than 120 seconds CD for 20 seconds of use and that you are not locked out of your utilities.

I know that the way conjure work isn't satisfying but, truly, there is no reason to be jealous of other elite skills. If you were to talk about tornado, I'd understand the disatisfaction but FGS stay a strong option for the elementalist.

FGS stays a strong option for ele because ele its full of mediocre elite skills. Glyph of greater elementals is an inferior flesh golem, conjure FGS which has a whopping 180 sec cd, tornado that has been a joke since launch. The elite specs are not much better. You have rebound which is okay if you are very coordinated, but in other instances it's inferior to all of the utility shouts. Then there is weave self with a small area CC that takes forever to execute, but the bufs are okay at least.

Also using FGS for 30 seconds is not going to happen, no matter who picks it up. For that to be a viable option it would need bonuses equivalent to a transform elite. If it was like a transform elite for 2 players then I could understand the CD, but it is in no way comparable in its current form.