Join Us for a Special Live Event TOMORROW (Friday August 30)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the cool story boss encounters get repeatable fractal/dungeon/raid mode?Previous bosses feel like they could have been great as a raid(Balthazar, both Kralkatorik fights , Mordremoth) or fractal( corrupted Aurene, Joko, Scruffy) but are left one and done .

As many said, I like a lot the new logo.~May misinterpret but it means for me no more dragons (none in the logo) the whole tyria seems to be peaceful again (blue color), but they are still threats (red color).-Second hypothesis, fire and water/ice. Primordy and jormag are associated to asuras and norns. Now that they sleep, we can ecplore more icy mountain/underground.-Finally blue and red are the two main colors used by asuran golems. Blue=Peacemaker, Red=Inquest

Well, I find it difficult to come up with questions as we know so little. It's just an announcement of an announcement that will occur in a month.

So basically my questions are: what is it? What kind of content does it contain? When will it arrive? How frequent will the updates be?

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:We will be taking questions in advance and we will answer as many as we can over the course of the event. So share below what you’d like to know from the team about the newest chapter of Guild Wars 2 Living World.

Will the new Living World primarily be focused on adding new maps first and doing smaller modifications to older Core Tyria maps?

How far in the future do you have "already planned" content updates?E.g. we plan to release build templates in one month, LS in 2 months, raid update in 4 months, alliances in 18 months, etc....I am not looking for any specifics but more or less "we know we at least have this much in the works that we plan on releasing before working on another possible project" type of answer.Thanks

Curious what the big reveal will be, given live event for living world.

Must be something huge like mounts or similar kind of game changing content.

Extreme speculation - first implementation of dual classing for core builds? New elite specs - maybe pay for access through gemstore? Henchmen? ... No idea what it could be, gonna be a long month of speculations.

A live event to promote living world 5..

That definitely raises questions as to just what the skritt is going on over there at Anet HQ.In a good way though of course ^^

I don't recall a live event for Path of Fire but I do remember Pajama's of Thorns.. uhh I mean Heart of Thorns did get one :)What are you guys planning?.. why a live event for Living world?It seems really excessive to promote free content with a live event.. unless Living World 5 is going to be something crazy that just utterly defies all our current expectations and theories.

Maybe there's a content roadmap you guys are gonna reveal.. announce new features which will be coming during season 5 (build templates?, alliances?) and confirm a new expansion that will follow straight after season 5 concludes or something..Could see a live event being justified for something like that but I guess we'll just have to wait till next month to find out.

Suffice to say i'm excited to find out what's coming next.I do so hope it's Cantha and finally leading upto the Sea Dragon ^^

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"AgentMoore.9453" said:I really,
really
love the Guild Wars 2 Living World graphic used in this thread.

I find the newsletter's image even better:

bYQ6pX9.jpg

So much for "no elder dragons", I guess. ;) Or this could be a general reference to crossing the ocean to Cantha - who knows?

Oh! My first impression was that it showed a snowy landscape, but after this post, perhaps it is tumultuous waves and water spray.

Interesting!

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Yeah, no. I don't think those are footprints, even if it is snow. If it is snow, I think that's a landscape quite far away.

Quite possibly. The spiky mountain like shadows in the rear (Poss caused by the images border or actual mountains)the darkness, the snow - they conjure up a Mountains of Madness feel. If it’s meant to be the sea, it’s a bit of a naff looking graphic and that would be very unlike Anets artists

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"AgentMoore.9453" said:I really,
really
love the Guild Wars 2 Living World graphic used in this thread.

I find the newsletter's image even better:

bYQ6pX9.jpg

So much for "no elder dragons", I guess. ;) Or this could be a general reference to crossing the ocean to Cantha - who knows?

I don't know but I do see kind of a face here. But I'm not sure if this is water or a snowy landscape.