Infusion destruction, and no return

So, I realise that with how iteams work when an infusion is destroyed there's not a way to tell that an infusion was destroyed or something like that, HOWEVER!!! this was no ordinary infusion that I lost, here's my story.So I really wanted one of those SAB bauble infusions, but I am horrible at jps, and I mean Horrible. It took me the full 2 weeks and had to pay $5 for an infinity token inorder to finally somehow manage to get my Red Bauble infusion, I was proud of myself for finally doing a grind. Then I was re-gearing my character and well I deleted it.I had deleted an iteam that was quite litterally the hardest to get iteam out of all of my gear, and I mean ALL OF MY GEAR, I'm somewhat lazy with grinds and that's why I love guild wars so much, but we'll... It was gone, I sent a request in right away and was told " the way infusions work there is no way to prove your iteam was destroyed". .... What? "No way to prove" bra I don't have many acsended, I have the achievement that proves I did it and should have it, but it's not in my inventory. Don't get me wrong I love this game and I like arena net for making it available, I do my best to show support, and tried to be ok with this, but we'll, I AM NOT OK WITH THIS!!!!!! I worked really hard for that and it was super painful to do tribulation mode to get that. So... Can someone please explain to me why it's lost forever? This is honestly the only time I was upset with a-net, it's the first game I went on a buying spree on litterally just to show love and support, I'm not even demanding my iteam be returned to me. I just wanna know exactly why I can't get it back, even though it's fairly obviously not in my inventory.Thank you sincerely,Soro Dragonfall

I do think they can restore it, but should I be wrong, there appears to be multiple ways o get the red bauble, depending on if you have the items to extract the bauble from should desperation kick in and depending which method you already used to get your first one

• The Power stat bonus version can be extracted from the ascended Kaiser Snake weapon earned from Kaiser Snake Weapon Box (The King Toad version)
  • The Power stat bonus version can be extracted from the ascended Super Assassin Backpack earned from the achievement The Crimson Assassin.

@Randulf.7614 said:I do think they can restore it, but should I be wrong, there appears to be multiple ways o get the red bauble, depending on if you have the items to extract the bauble from should desperation kick in and depending which method you already used to get your first one

• The Power stat bonus version can be extracted from the ascended Kaiser Snake weapon earned from Kaiser Snake Weapon Box (The King Toad version)
  • The Power stat bonus version can be extracted from the ascended Super Assassin Backpack earned from the achievement The Crimson Assassin.

Yea and if you accidently have deleted those 2 weapons you cant get it witch seem to be what the OP have done.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:I do think they can restore it, but should I be wrong, there appears to be multiple ways o get the red bauble, depending on if you have the items to extract the bauble from should desperation kick in and depending which method you already used to get your first one

Yea and if you accidently have deleted those 2 weapons you cant get it witch seem to be what the OP have done.

I wasn't sure if they deleted all options though so I thought I'd post a possible answer as a just in case longshot

• 2 weeks later...

You see one is the red infusion, the one I needed and destroyed while trying to gear my character, and the other is the blue infusion. Bottom line, it was still 2 weeks of failing at tibulation where I had to pay real money for an infinity token, and not leave my room except for going to work, and I want it back, my time and money, or the infusion.

First, I'm really sorry, @Shiro.2158, that you're going through this. I know how frustrating it feels to lose things that just represent time (e.g. accidentally buying too much of X or deleting a character without remembering to move all their bags etc).

Second, generally speaking support goes out of their way to find some way of accommodating requests. Unfortunately abuse of that by unscrupulous players has led to policies that tie their hands. In particular, while the game only makes it possible to get a single SAB infusion, some people got two after claiming theirs was accidentally deleted.

As @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" wrote, the way to address this is to ask for your ticket to be escalated. And to prepare a clear, non-emotional description of how they can verify your claim, including any of the following: screenshots, GW2 efficiency history, the specific achievements earned, gw2 efficiency summary of your wealth (includes a display of infusions), and so on.

See also: "Support Cannot Always Replace Items"

(some questions and answers on Reddit, from one of the support team leads)

! >> OP: I [accidentally] deleted my infusion. Yesterday ...support repplied to me, told me they can't replace it due to the rarity and cost the item had.! >> TLDL: I got dumb and deleted something unique and support can't replace it cause i'm dumb!!! > In July 2019, Dornsinger wrote! > The rarity is only part of the problem, and it's not the main reason, as stated in the OP.! >! > The main reason is that we do not see if you lost the infusion or not. Infusions, runes, sigills and so on are logged in the system in a way that does not allow us to trace it in the same way some other items would allow us to. That does not mean the team does not try - we still run logs, we still check if we can see if the item was used and what might have happened.! >! > Sadly, in most of the cases, we cannot trace them. This was in the past heavily abused by some players when they contacted us, stating they lost the Moto Infusion - when they had not. We granted some users several of them as a result (and there's still the reddit thread about that fact somewhere around here).! >! > Any anything we do, by that suspending a player, granting an item, changing guild leadership - we base it all on our logs and records. If these do not show something, then we will try to help if it does not have the chance of breaking anything... but if it could for example mean we dupe an item, then we sadly cannot.!! and later! > Anyone may always request an escalation of any issue, we do not make any secret of that.! >! > Escalations come with two caveats:! > The ticket will slow down a lot, so be ready for that - [senior Game Masters] and [Lead Game Masters] do a lot of stuff besides tickets, and unlike the foot soldiers, tickets are not our main focus.! > The other is, that (unlike what was discussed in the thread further down), SGMs and LGMs do not have special magic abilities or logs that regular GMs do not. We use the same tools for the most part. So an escalation does not automatically equate a different outcome. That, too, needs to be kept in mind.!! and later still:!! > You guys can track list of examples, so issue is easy, too!! > Since I am seeing this a lot, I wanted to comment a bit more on this, as there often are a ton of misconceptions when it comes to such matters.! >! > Number one is: Not all games are alike. Yours truly is a fossil, I have worked on online games for a long, long time and for many different ones. If between all of these I'd only compare Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, the difference in tools the CS team has available is staggering. In Guild Wars, for example, I have no means to create just any item and make it appear on a player's account. Something that, in GW2, will take me three entry fields and four mouse clicks. For GW, however, it is just about impossible. GW also lost the ability to receive account roll backs. They broke in summer of 2012 and after months of trying to come up with a solution, we had to let players know that the function isn't available any longer. So even within the same company and similar games; the way a game is built can make a thing easy in one and impossible in the other.! >! > Then, regarding logging of items just in GW2. Not all items are logged the same way. I know that such matters can be very hard to wrap your head around, but tracking of something does not automatically equate to tracking of another thing.! >! > For example: The absolutely easiest help I can give with any lost 'item' is a purchase from the Gem Store. If you bought the Wedding Attire Outfit in 2015 and somehow lost it since then, it is a relatively easy check to find you bought it and we can send you a new one. That is because the way that purchase was obtained and we have an easy way to find that for you. Further, as it is automatically bound to your account, we'd not impact anything by just throwing it at you, even if we cannot trace that you have lost it.! >! > On the other hand, we have users who used transmutation in 2012 to put the skin of an item onto another (armor, weapon, does not matter here). The way transmutation worked and what happened to items during that; combined with how long ago this was now, means we will not have any logs to show that action anymore. At that point, we have to juggle how to proceed. In some cases, if it was a relatively harmless item and it's not worth a lot, we might give it and say: Well, we can't see the loss, but this can't hurt. On the other, if it is an Infinite Light, things start to become more problematic.! >! > Not all items are true items, either. An 'item' in your pack might be a script that, when used, does something, which means it would end up being traced in a different way than a dagger or plate boots.! >! > "I lost 100 Gold in the trade post and they refuse to help, but my friend who bought the wrong Gem Store item was helped" absolutely feels right on a basic level. But these two are different systems with different tools and different logging.! >! > Also, sometimes we get a new tool, so things change. I am not sure how many of you recall this, but in the early stages of the game, restoring a deleted character was straight-up impossible. Many disappointed players contacted us after rage quits, or deleting the wrong character, and we had to tell them: Sorry, we can't. We did not have the means to do so, and it could corrupt some things if we did. Then, after a few years, we found ways of making that possible without breaking anything on the player's accounts - so we at once started to create processes to make that happen.! >! > Not one of our policies is based on "This is too hard, so I'm not doing it"; nor is any one of our policies ever written thinking "That'll teach 'em!". Each one is "How can I best help without causing damage?".!

@"Shiro.2158" said:So, I realise that with how iteams work when an infusion is destroyed there's not a way to tell that an infusion was destroyed or something like that, HOWEVER!!! this was no ordinary infusion that I lost, here's my story.So I really wanted one of those SAB bauble infusions, but I am horrible at jps, and I mean Horrible. It took me the full 2 weeks and had to pay $5 for an infinity token inorder to finally somehow manage to get my Red Bauble infusion, I was proud of myself for finally doing a grind. Then I was re-gearing my character and well I deleted it.I had deleted an iteam that was quite litterally the hardest to get iteam out of all of my gear, and I mean ALL OF MY GEAR, I'm somewhat lazy with grinds and that's why I love guild wars so much, but we'll... It was gone, I sent a request in right away and was told " the way infusions work there is no way to prove your iteam was destroyed". .... What? "No way to prove" bra I don't have many acsended, I have the achievement that proves I did it and should have it, but it's not in my inventory. Don't get me wrong I love this game and I like arena net for making it available, I do my best to show support, and tried to be ok with this, but we'll, I AM NOT OK WITH THIS!!!!!! I worked really hard for that and it was super painful to do tribulation mode to get that. So... Can someone please explain to me why it's lost forever? This is honestly the only time I was upset with a-net, it's the first game I went on a buying spree on litterally just to show love and support, I'm not even demanding my iteam be returned to me. I just wanna know exactly why I can't get it back, even though it's fairly obviously not in my inventory.Thank you sincerely,Soro Dragonfall

I hope you get your item back dude. It sucks when mistakes are made, but from what I've heard, GW2 support are pretty good.