One-hit dismount without knockdown penalty

Tao.5096

After all this time with Warclaw I will say that in my opinion it was a bad addition. It reduced the amount of engages that happen on the map overall and it really brought nothing. Yes it is easier to get back to the group on the other side of the map but that is really not a good thing. Managing, disrupting reinforcements is a part of war.I would be OK with Warclaw just having 1 hp and no knockdown penalty.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:Here's where the contradiction lies.

There are tons of "roamers" on the forums claiming roaming sucks now that mounts are in WvW.

Are you all on the same server?Since the answer is likely no, why aren't you all fighting each other 1v1 in WvW?

Some manage to play WvW with a broken mount for 3+months, some dont.

The contradiction is they all claim to want fights on the forums, but are all mounted up and trolling eachother in game to see if the other guy will blow their kit to dismount them. If they all wanted the fights as claimed, mounts are a non issue.

The contradiction to me is WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN A OPEN WORLD PVP MAP IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO PVP ?

PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way. A support build running back to its PPT zerg is doing the right thing by avoiding being singled out and ganked, and using the available tools to do so.

There seems to be no shortage of roamers who want to fight it out the way you describe on the forums, so why arent the WvW maps as populated with these players as the forums are? Do these folks not wish to fight others who are set up for the same, and are only mad because they cant gank builds not set up for the same?

"PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way."

"running back to its PPT zerg"

Also, just because the tools are available doesn't mean they are balanced, because they obviously aren't.

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

There are tons of "roamers" on the forums claiming roaming sucks now that mounts are in WvW.

Are you all on the same server?Since the answer is likely no, why aren't you all fighting each other 1v1 in WvW?

The contradiction is they all claim to want fights on the forums, but are all mounted up and trolling eachother in game to see if the other guy will blow their kit to dismount them. If they all wanted the fights as claimed, mounts are a non issue.

The contradiction to me is WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN A OPEN WORLD PVP MAP IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO PVP ?

PVP does not mean mindlessly fighting through anything that comes your way. A support build running back to its PPT zerg is doing the right thing by avoiding being singled out and ganked, and using the available tools to do so.

There seems to be no shortage of roamers who want to fight it out the way you describe on the forums, so why arent the WvW maps as populated with these players as the forums are? Do these folks not wish to fight others who are set up for the same, and are only mad because they cant gank builds not set up for the same?

Also, just because the tools are available doesn't mean they are balanced, because they obviously aren't.

sPvP is your friend. Wvw isnt spvp.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

What does this have to do with the contradictory comment i qouted?

@Whiteout.1975 has perfectly explained already what is wrong with the mode, it is an open zone PvP mode.

What does SPvP have to do with open world PvP, why has the whole philosophy of it suddenly bne changed to be different from open PvP in about any other MMORPG just because mounts came out? It makes zero sense here.

But what has your reply to do with what i commented again?

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@Whiteout.1975 has perfectly explained already what is wrong with the mode, it is an open zone PvP mode.

What does SPvP have to do with open world PvP, why has the whole philosophy of it suddenly bne changed to be different from open PvP in about any other MMORPG just because mounts came out? It makes zero sense here.

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

Oh, wrong quote, sorry!! My bad! Tried to quote someone else...

To qoute @sephiroth.4217

I can easily spend an hour tapping a keep and forcing people to chase me for fun. No one dies but its still fun dodging trebs and cannons around an enemy keep.

I have a 100% win rate in my fights because I can chose to only attack people that I hard counter or people with a rank below silver. Im ranked 3k plus for wvw via roaming only and im just over 300 ranks in PvP. Its never a fair fight.

I can run with enemy zergs and create chaos as half try to dismount me and the the other half continue running with the tag.

I can find some roamers and put them in combat while I stay mounted then keep them in tether distance until a zerg I called rolled over the 2 of them.

I can safely stomp people who are duelling.

I can run around the inside of an enemy keep without worrying about my death.

I can sit around with 5 mounted players ready to herd a single player into death as if we are cowboys and they are cattle.

If someone is taking my camp, doesnt matter if I die 3 times because each time I made it back before they finished capping.

Some might say this is destroying the game mode, others say this is what anets vision is and to just adapt. It really depends on whos commenting.

This is what os wrong with an open PvP mode.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@"Whiteout.1975" has perfectly explained already what is wrong with the mode, it is an open zone PvP mode.

This is not open world pvp. The main part of wvw is capture objective team based in a pvp environment. It means not everyone is rolling in their top pvp single target dps build. Why does every single mmo with pvp zones or realm vs realm always have pve aspects to it? It is to draw pvers into a pvp mode because there are not enough gankers/griefers to have a full open pvp world mmo w/o them. Imaging just a mmo w open world pvp and all of you full pvp specced could only fight other full pvp specced players. Where all the gankers could only fight other gankers. How long would you play that? You all just want to catch weaker easy targets or support specced players on your pvp spec build. There is an entire spvp mode but you gankers are too much of a kitten to play that instead you complain on here all day cuz a staff ele or a reaper got away on their mount and you couldn't insta kill them on multipe cheese builds. Plus for the 10th time anput doesn't play gw2 he just trolls over and over w no clue of how many more fights there are now overall then before.

" Imaging just a mmo w open world pvp and all of you full pvp specced could only fight other full pvp specced players. Where all the gankers could only fight other gankers. How long would you play that?"

I am p sure BDO and BR games have more players than this WvW garbage lol. Every time i try to play this happens:

I can easily spend an hour tapping a keep and forcing people to chase me for fun. No one dies but its still fun dodging trebs and cannons around an enemy keep.

I have a 100% win rate in my fights because I can chose to only attack people that I hard counter or people with a rank below silver. Im ranked 3k plus for wvw via roaming only and im just over 300 ranks in PvP. Its never a fair fight.

I can run with enemy zergs and create chaos as half try to dismount me and the the other half continue running with the tag.

I can find some roamers and put them in combat while I stay mounted then keep them in tether distance until a zerg I called rolled over the 2 of them.

I can sit around with 5 mounted players ready to herd a single player into death as if we are cowboys and they are cattle.

If someone is taking my camp, doesnt matter if I die 3 times because each time I made it back before they finished capping.

Some might say this is destroying the game mode, others say this is what anets vision is and to just adapt. It really depends on whos commenting.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@"Whiteout.1975" has perfectly explained already what is wrong with the mode, it is an open zone PvP mode.

This is not open world pvp. The main part of wvw is capture objective team based in a pvp environment. It means not everyone is rolling in their top pvp single target dps build. Why does every single mmo with pvp zones or realm vs realm always have pve aspects to it? It is to draw pvers into a pvp mode because there are not enough gankers/griefers to have a full open pvp world mmo w/o them. Imaging just a mmo w open world pvp and all of you full pvp specced could only fight other full pvp specced players. Where all the gankers could only fight other gankers. How long would you play that? You all just want to catch weaker easy targets or support specced players on your pvp spec build. There is an entire spvp mode but you gankers are too much of a kitten to play that instead you complain on here all day cuz a staff ele or a reaper got away on their mount and you couldn't insta kill them on multipe cheese builds. Plus for the 10th time anput doesn't play gw2 he just trolls over and over w no clue of how many more fights there are now overall then before.

" Imaging just a mmo w open world pvp and all of you full pvp specced could only fight other full pvp specced players. Where all the gankers could only fight other gankers. How long would you play that?"

I am p sure BDO and BR games have more players than this WvW garbage lol. Every time i try to play this happens:

I played BDO too and you gotta flag up other wise they let you sit in a grind spot as others grind a little farther away so yean not full pvp and have the time you get whispered or whisper duel for spot and that person opts to leave. And quoting all of sephs nonsense that he doesn't do he just makes up as he doesn't play much either is just silly.

Except poeple do that shit all the time, that is literally the WvW experience whenever i log in, these things being done. The thing is plain unbalanced and there wasn't much thought given to it, just sell moar skins right?

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

I played BDO too and you gotta flag up other wise they let you sit in a grind spot as others grind a little farther away so yean not full pvp and have the time you get whispered or whisper duel for spot and that person opts to leave. And quoting all of sephs nonsense that he doesn't do he just makes up as he doesn't play much either is just silly.

It might not be 8 hours a day anymore but I still get in WvW often enough.

My issue is that I don't feel a sense of danger in WvW anymore and my DD Tempest is utterly useless against a mount, so I don't play as much. Its good for goofing around or something to do while I eat lasagne or something in my downtime from PvP but with how long it has taken to implement the dismount skill I'm starting to believe that the ones saying that its changed and to just adapt were right after all.

Also, I used the words "I can", not "I am"..

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

People in support builds ganks me pretty often, why shouldn't i kill support builds too ?Zerglings dont hesitate to jump on me with a group of 10+, why should i not kill them ?PvE elements are there to lure players to fight, not to lure PvErs to a PvP mode, by your logic is DAoC a PvE game ?Also sPvP is trash, 5+ min queues, a lot of bots, MMR is completely broken, wintraders, restrictive builds and so many other issues and differences between WvW and sPvP and thats why many PvPers migrate to WvW.Why people who like to fight should move away from WvW just because you dont like to die in a open world PvP ?Also in regards to having more fights, this is just not true, we barely have 1 map queued even on prime time and other BL's are dead compared to before, there are way less people playing either zergers and roamers.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

People in support builds ganks me pretty often, why shouldn't i kill support builds too ?Zerglings dont hesitate to jump on me with a group of 10+, why should i not kill them ?PvE elements are there to lure players to fight, not to lure PvErs to a PvP mode, by your logic is DAoC a PvE game ?Also sPvP is trash, 5+ min queues, a lot of bots, MMR is completely broken, wintraders, restrictive builds and so many other issues and differences between WvW and sPvP and thats why many PvPers migrate to WvW.Why people who like to fight should move away from WvW just because you dont like to die in a open world PvP ?Also in regards to having more fights, this is just not true, we barely have 1 map queued even on prime time and other BL's are dead compared to before, there are way less people playing either zergers and roamers.

You can kill whoever,however you want it's just you aren't entitled for every single person to fight you if they chose not to for a variety of reasons. Most likely zergling jump you half the time cuz you pick off stragglers which i also do outnumbered. I die all the time I'm not asking you to leave wvw but stop crying cause someone mounts off just like pre mounts dozens of mobile classes ran from me if losing and I was just as helpless in pursuit. Of course the pve aspects are there to lure pveers to do the quest while the pvpers dont do the quests and jump the guys questing again usually for an easy kill cuz that's all you want.Of course there are more fights if you actually take camps def camps and go to where objectives are being taking because every1 gets back to that fight faster. Are there less oppurtunitys to camp an area and pick off reinforcements sure that's kinda gone. Constantly getting jumped between my keep and smc isn't fun or my spawn and keep isn't fun so find other ways to find fights at objectives. I roam on reaper and fight everyone at objectives but no reason to hop off mount vs certain classes in the middle of nowhere.

"You can kill whoever,however you want it's just you aren't entitled for every single person to fight you if they chose not to for a variety of reasons."

And that is a fundamental design flaw for any PvP game because it inherently creates stalemates.

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

You can kill whoever,however you want it's just you aren't entitled for every single person to fight you if they chose not to for a variety of reasons. Most likely zergling jump you half the time cuz you pick off stragglers which i also do outnumbered. I die all the time I'm not asking you to leave wvw but stop crying cause someone mounts off just like pre mounts dozens of mobile classes ran from me if losing and I was just as helpless in pursuit. Of course the pve aspects are there to lure pveers to do the quest while the pvpers dont do the quests and jump the guys questing again usually for an easy kill cuz that's all you want.Of course there are more fights if you actually take camps def camps and go to where objectives are being taking because every1 gets back to that fight faster. Are there less oppurtunitys to camp an area and pick off reinforcements sure that's kinda gone. Constantly getting jumped between my keep and smc isn't fun or my spawn and keep isn't fun so find other ways to find fights at objectives. I roam on reaper and fight everyone at objectives but no reason to hop off mount vs certain classes in the middle of nowhere.

"You can kill whoever,however you want it's just you aren't entitled for every single person to fight you if they chose not to for a variety of reasons."

And that is a fundamental design flaw for any PvP game because it inherently creates stalemates.

Not entirely. The player will just engage when it works for them and to their advantage. They will basically fight when they're good and ready.

Because this is a WvW forum, why on earth would someone (whose trying to go help their group take a keep per-say), hop off their mount and fight you out in the middle of nowhere when they have nothing to gain from it whether they win or lose? What's the point? The map objective in this example calls for our group to collectively try to take a keep, so in what universe would it make sense for me to hop off my mount and fight you? This is a PvP game and you must fight me? Sure, then come to the keep where I'm going and we'll fight there. Sure you may be met with 60 others who'll run you over, but hey, it's a PvP mode right?

I will never fight in WvW on someone else's terms at all for any reason what so ever, ever. If they try, they will fail, and they always will. They will get beat, and they will repeatedly get beat (and often targeted and camped until they log). Roamers won't get their way anymore, those days are long gone.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

How? I should not go def bay cause omw to bay I saw a random teef and must fight him. I should not go to mid in spvp to help hold a point I should kitten around with a guy playing full bunker. A ranger sees me and starts att my mount from 1200 rng I need to hop off and fight at a huge disadvantage rng wise instead of 3 leaping away. The whole point is to kill as many as you can while staying alive and holding as many objectives as you can etc so I do things that achieve that. Other don't.

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

Not entirely. The player will just engage when it works for them and to their advantage. They will basically fight when they're good and ready.

Because this is a WvW forum, why on earth would someone (whose trying to go help their group take a keep per-say), hop off their mount and fight you out in the middle of nowhere when they have nothing to gain from it whether they win or lose? What's the point? The map objective in this example calls for our group to collectively try to take a keep, so in what universe would it make sense for me to hop off my mount and fight you? This is a PvP game and you must fight me? Sure, then come to the keep where I'm going and we'll fight there. Sure you may be met with 60 others who'll run you over, but hey, it's a PvP mode right?

I will never fight in WvW on someone else's terms at all for any reason what so ever, ever. If they try, they will fail, and they always will. They will get beat, and they will repeatedly get beat (and often targeted and camped until they log). Roamers won't get their way anymore, those days are long gone.

Why in both of your examples are you both using a example that no one is even telling you that you have to do?

"If someone is out near my spawn , I HAVE TO FIGHT THEM""I spy a player 5000yds away, let me leave my keep to go fight them!""Oh a roamer thats not enganging me, I dont want to fight him, but because I see him I must do it anyways"

What kind of arguement is this, no one is telling you that you have to fight them. But if they open up on you then you have the option on what you do in the situation, they have the same options on if you engage on them. If you cant escape, fight off, call for help, etc to deal with the situation, then you clearly are not ready for WvW or maybe it was never the mode for you.

If you dont want to fight on someone elses terms, think ahead on what your doing to not be put at a disadvantage.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

How? I should not go def bay cause omw to bay I saw a random teef and must fight him. I should not go to mid in spvp to help hold a point I should kitten around with a guy playing full bunker. A ranger sees me and starts att my mount from 1200 rng I need to hop off and fight at a huge disadvantage rng wise instead of 3 leaping away. The whole point is to kill as many as you can while staying alive and holding as many objectives as you can etc so I do things that achieve that. Other don't.

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

Why in both of your examples are you both using a example that no one is even telling you that you have to do?

"If someone is out near my spawn , I HAVE TO FIGHT THEM""I spy a player 5000yds away, let me leave my keep to go fight them!""Oh a roamer thats not enganging me, I dont want to fight him, but because I see him I must do it anyways"

What kind of arguement is this, no one is telling you that you have to fight them. But if they open up on you then you have the option on what you do in the situation, they have the same options on if you engage on them. If you cant escape, fight off, call for help, etc to deal with the situation, then you clearly are not ready for WvW or maybe it was never the mode for you.

If you dont want to fight on someone elses terms, think ahead on what your doing to not be put at a disadvantage.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the dozens of threads about warclaw and yes some players are saying avoiding pvp in a pvp mode for any reason is fundamentally wrong so they expect everyone to fight every time and never mount off to the examples provided. These are the players I've been arguing with for months because anet has a flaw of catering to the whiners so if you don't present the opposing side warclaw would get nerfed to oblivion and these "roamers" will be back spawn camping again.

I havent because it's literally the same low effort defense posts after another. There are many reasons why warclaw needs to be changed/removed.

And you are right, they do have a flaw of catering to the whiners, hence why the game mode is in it's current state.

Literally warclaw could be removed and a new traveling feature that didnt powercreep the mode could have been added.

What's the difference between a player that runs away and a player that does not exist because he does not play the game?

Hint: One of these two players populates the map and might be killed while doing stuff (which you can not do mounted).

The same hyperbole since day1 mount release... "Don't play the game mode if you don't want to fight!" That's a dumb argument as a player not playing at all is still worse than a player that runs away 95% of the time but can be killed 5% of the time.

Maybe the so called roaming guilds may stop spawnganking and start to play the game mode as intended and capture and defend structures and camps. I am running into other players all day long while doing this. Nothing has changed with warclaw.

Something I'm really interested in knowing with all these defense posts is how does a change to the mounts HP stop you from getting to your zerg? ?

-You still have the speed and 3 evades.-If the hp is 1 on mounts you have a better chance at escaping your pursuers if you know how to outplay them by traps, running through towers, sentries, anything with AI, etc.-If your dismounted you are not stunned so you can immediately swap to defense or offense.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Something I'm really interested in knowing with all these defense posts is how does a change to the mounts HP stop you from getting to your zerg? ?

-You still have the speed and 3 evades.-If the hp is 1 on mounts you have a better chance at escaping your pursuers if you know how to outplay them by traps, running through towers, sentries, anything with AI, etc.-If your dismounted you are not stunned so you can immediately swap to defense or offense.

Unfortunately there is a segment of the population that would WP back to the Zerg if the possibility existed.

Which, for large scale fights can make them last longer, however they would become fairly non stop.

They would seem to want a path that is with as few obstacles as possible to get there.

Unfortunately anyone who argues against that is apparently a dirty ganker who only wants cheap kills vs PvE players.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

The problem here yes is that no one will fight unless it is in their favour, and most won't fight in equal numbers either, or at all. So this creates situations where no one wants to fight ever and poeple just PPT stuff down.

This just creates a bad PvE zergfest with no real redeemable qualities.

If poeple will only fight when it is in their favor and can always flee, then 1 side will always not fight, resulting in no fights. Where does the PvP come in here? No PvP game does this BS.

This just doesn't create a good PvP game.

The point before mounts was that if you kill a support on their way to their group, theior group has 1 less support. Very simple and valid strategy.

@"KrHome.1920" said:What's the difference between a player that runs away and a player that does not exist because he does not play the game?

Hint: One of these two players populates the map and might be killed while doing stuff (which you can not do mounted).

The same hyperbole since day1 mount release... "Don't play the game mode if you don't want to fight!" That's a dumb argument as a player not playing at all is still worse than a player that runs away 95% of the time but can be killed 5% of the time.

Maybe the so called roaming guilds may stop spawnganking and start to play the game mode as intended and capture and defend structures and camps. I am running into other players all day long while doing this. Nothing has changed with warclaw.

At this point you aren't even playing a PvP mode anymore.

@"BadMed.3846" said:Fight those who want to fight you. Don't cry over your inability to 5v1 roam due to mounts. That's a positive.

I fight whatever enemy I feel like honestly... because they're my enemy. I don't really care about their "wants"... because they're my enemy. The moment the player joined a PvP mode and became my enemy... They were asking for a fight. So they better not "cry" to me or their Warclaw bodyguard if they run into one they suddenly don't like.

Aside from that. I could say the same to ton's of zergs... due to being zergs. No mount necessary. I remember a great many times zergs chasing Roamer's much much smaller in size vs them. Worse than the example you gave. Though, I don't say anything... because I'm their enemy. So I expect that to happen. That's just what happens when you sign up to become somebody's enemy... How Surprising.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Something I'm really interested in knowing with all these defense posts is how does a change to the mounts HP stop you from getting to your zerg? ?

There's no commander telling Them how to Dodge, that might be hard

@Whiteout.1975 said:

@"BadMed.3846" said:Fight those who want to fight you. Don't cry over your inability to 5v1 roam due to mounts. That's a positive.

I fight whatever enemy I feel like honestly... because they're my enemy. I don't really care about their "wants"... because they're my enemy. The moment the player joined a PvP mode and became my enemy... They were asking for a fight. So they better not "cry" to me or their Warclaw bodyguard if they run into one they suddenly don't like.

Aside from that. I could say the same to ton's of zergs... due to being zergs. No mount necessary. I remember a great many times zergs chasing Roamer's much much smaller in size vs them. Worse than the example you gave. Though, I don't say anything... because I'm their enemy. So I expect that to happen. That's just what happens when you sign up to become somebody's enemy... How Surprising.

Well, sure fight whatever you like. Clearly the ones on mount think you're a waste of time for them and that's why they flee. It's not just about skill, not everyone is interested in a duel. Sometimes they just want to run with their group. Mount gives them the ability to enjoy the game. Nothing wrong with it really.

I love this so much. This is a perfect example of how ignorant,short sighted and selfish people are lmao all these pve'rs stating why should I have to fight someone if my builds set up for zergs when I'm on route to zerg? All these roamers are just mad that now I have a free pass to bypass them to get to MY prefered playstyle cuz its THE only one that's legit and matters lol. Do these weebs play fps too? Do they take a sniper and get pissy that a class with a assault rifle gunned them down on way to a perch spot?lmao mounts single handedly ruined playstyles and multiple dynamics that were available in wvw and drove alot of people out that enjoyed those alternative playstyle options so what's left are the stubborn ones that havent left yet and zergers. Soon itl be just zergers which will be such a negative impact on the mode it just might finish it off and kill the mode,u can already easily tell the difference in population in wvw now vs yr or so ago. U mount lovers are blindly opting for the game mode to be in a worse overall health because it fits UR specific gameplay choice but no surprise there lmao u guys just go ahead and help anet kill wvw more :) u deserve what it is now,a clown fiesta lolTaking away risk and the risk of pvp engagements in 75% of a pvp game mode will eventually kill it as that's what a huge amount of players frequented the mode for,PVP. If u guys or anet think wvw will survive on zergers and zerging alone good luck with that lol.

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

The problem here yes is that no one will fight unless it is in their favour, and most won't fight in equal numbers either, or at all. So this creates situations where no one wants to fight ever and poeple just PPT stuff down.

This just creates a bad PvE zergfest with no real redeemable qualities.

If poeple will only fight when it is in their favor and can always flee, then 1 side will always not fight, resulting in no fights. Where does the PvP come in here? No PvP game does this BS.

This just doesn't create a good PvP game.

The point before mounts was that if you kill a support on their way to their group, theior group has 1 less support. Very simple and valid strategy.

@"KrHome.1920" said:What's the difference between a player that runs away and a player that does not exist because he does not play the game?

At this point you aren't even playing a PvP mode anymore.

Then there wasnt a PVP mode before mounts either.

This issue existed well before mounts, but its just the other side griping about it now. That support player running back to their zerg wasnt going to take that fight before mounts just like they wont take the fight now. It was just as boring chasing and killing supports running back to the blob as it is now having to dismount them, or having a few more escape because they have better mobility+3 dodges+10K more HP.

Even if they completely did away with mounts, the people who didnt want to take the fights arent going to automagically now take them. The same folks who didnt 1v1 before mounts wont 1v1 after they take them out or give us an easier way to dismount.

The myth that people will 1v1 again is akin to the myth that when the OP build is nerfed people will play something that takes skill. Those folks graduate to another meme build, and people not taking roamer fights now arent going to be taking them after any solution is implemented.

TL;DR: People arent going to change their preferences for how they play because their playstyle gets nerfed. If it gets nerfed too heavily they find another game.