(What If) the Borderlands were connected by a few locations like EoTM map?

@Knighthonor.4061 said:(What If) the Borderlands were connected by a few locations like EoTM map?

How would you all like something like that?

Could have some major choke point fights, each side would still have their default waypoint locations

If you still have the waypoints, there wouldn't be much difference? Other than a lowing portal nearby your spawn that you could go to the next map? And basically put EBG in the middle, and each BL through a portal next to the safe-zone in each ebg spawn.

In theory it could create some interesting ideas of defenders poking and attacking at the enemy at both ends of the portal, but in practical I imagine people would just use the normal waypoints to avoid that, and thus leave this change largely useless.

What did you plan/hope to accomplish with this idea?

@Knighthonor.4061 said:(What If) the Borderlands were connected by a few locations like EoTM map?

How would you all like something like that?

Could have some major choke point fights, each side would still have their default waypoint locations

I like the idea.We could connect all 3 BL to EBG.EBG in the middle, and the 3 BLs linked to it in the north, SW and SE directions.It would make the world feel more immersive.

Back in 13 or 14 prior to eotm and desert borders, I was working on a new map connecting all the borders to eb. But I spilt water on it. Essentially it would be a large triangle or circle map but EB would be surrounded by impassible mountains while the borders encircled it. The Garrisons would be the main thruputs into eb from the borders but there would be smaller narrower pathways/valleys/mountain pass to go out of the way but still allow for bypassing the Garrisons to get to eb.

@Dayra.7405 said:You want to put all 3 Borderlands into ONE map? That's either skill-lag from Hell, or a reduction of capacity (from 4 maps to 2 maps) by 50%.

No the boarder map become one large EoTM map with each of the three sides being similar to current border maps meaning each side has three permanent way points and connected to a center landmass. Would be similar size if not slightly bigger than current EoTM but without the EoTM design for structure.