Ele changes in the latest patch notes

steki.1478

@steki.1478 said:

@steki.1478 said:Dps tempest was never a thing in pvp and wvw

It WAS for a time until:Air Overload nerf and cooldown nerfs because of alacrity, sustain nerfs that ended the glory days of Tempest in PvP
Nerfed exclusively for PvE and WvW to make sure it wasn't meta anywhere
Wildfire's hits per second got capped, both Fire and Air Overload got nerfed, Harmonious Conduit went from 5 to 4 seconds pre-PoF to sell weaver

Jupp they nerfed Tempest a few times shortly before the release of Pof especially the overloads people were a bit salty and didn't wanted to change to staff weaver then..

(to avoid 2 posts in a row)

In general the update now was.. I don't know see for your selfout of SC homepage :

Tempest with sceptre and horn : 35kFresh Air Weaver with sword : 37kCondi dagger: 39k ( I don't think that will stay there nerf incoming)I have tested just Staff Weaver (arcane-fire)

On big hitboxes around 32k on small 26k

Actually I'm surprised they didn't move much besides condi ele. The only wish I would have is the same overwork for the arcane trait line which they have make for the others and maybe allow the aurasharing for all to go to 10 people with the trait.

e.g moving the arcane shield in and giving a new trait point 75-125 fury when over 10 might

AH before I forget there is a bug with the condi ele sigil of earth toughness get ignored by the the earth trait which convert toughness into condi dmg.

In general sword weaver has also many downsides and the distance between build isn't that far which shrinking under real circumstances even more so viable is everything of them somewhere .

You can get more dps on power staff with either air or water instead of arcane spec. Arcane isn't worth it for power builds anymore.

Mirage also does more damage than condi dagger on certain bosses so if something needs nerfs it's mirage, but I do agree that both do a bit too much. 35k would be a lot more reasonable.

I was talking about staff Weaver fresh air doesn't work with just staff in the old days as Tempest you only wanted to cast air overload and 1 this was enough. The current built go for as Weaver and Tempest using high dps skills on their weapons + air overload or in case of sword weaver a lot of high dps skills + the 20% dps increase of the full attunement. At least what I don't see working is a fresh air staff weaver.

But I tested fire-water staff weaver with the result of 2k less you can argue I have so much(or little) more because of tons of boons on me but actually I get most of them with FB Heal + support Renegade.

I also have an idea to close this gap when you use another rota then usually. Actually I have a rota which is different then the usually when I'm destroying a lot of small mobs though AoEs I'm doing this by going when I'm in earth I don't go through fire instead I'm going through water so when Lahar and Pressure Blast count as water skill then you could theoretically squeeze more dps out. There 2 things which make this complicated 1 Lahar has a higher CD then the other skills (20 instead of 15 sec) which force you to run one round this way and the second round the way of the old rota and I don't know how the summoning weapons fit in there from the timing.

In short an ultra complicated rota which maybe work for just 1-2k more

EDIT: Okay I tested it . It does give you shortly higher dps but in the rota there are too much phases which causes dps lose and goes in total even more down.

• summoning weapons timing works perfectly better then in the normal rota.
  • Lahars higher CD is less of a concern because you can reset the rota every time you cast Lightning Storm
  • Lahar had trough the trait higher DPS because we are in water , Pressure Blast still has the boni from fire(water doesn't apply) still with this it has only 1.6k dmg this is a big dps lose(also this skill has like Ice Bow some identity problems ? for what is it good?)
  • I miss remembered the trait gives boni on skill when in water not on water skills.
  • most of the dmg comes or goes through when we are in fire/fire by using metorshower or the elite of the right side so increasing the rota without big dps skill in between decease the DPS. for this to work the trait would need to increase dps even more and Pressure Blast need to replaces with something which has the same dps which has the metorshower -.-

Anyway was a fun idea.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Moona.6327 said:So what's the best openworld Weaver setup so far based on testing?

Whichever you like, there's like 10 different builds that work great and all core specs are part of at least one build.

For power you have fire, water or air. For condi it's fire, earth or arcane. However arcane mostly shines when there's allies around to share arcane power with. Any combination of these 2 and weaver (or even tempest) will work well on most weapons.