Core Staff dps after patch? (PvE)

lLobo.7960

Has anyone tried Fire/Air/Water for staff power dps (PvE) after patch?

Use fire staff skills, swap to water while casting MS, IS, grab conjure and use it until fire (MS) is off CD, rinse and repeat...No need for FA, so can go with BttH in air, can probably stick one air burst skill (and eletric discharge) between MS and IS as core doesnt have the 4s GC on attunes.The stacking of dmg modifiers would be similar to the old LH water build.

At work now and can't test anything.

@lLobo.7960 said:Has anyone tried Fire/Air/Water for staff power dps (PvE) after patch?

Use fire staff skills, swap to water while casting MS, IS, grab conjure and use it until fire (MS) is off CD, rinse and repeat...No need for FA, so can go with BttH in air, can probably stick one air burst skill (and eletric discharge) between MS and IS as core doesnt have the 4s GC on attunes.The stacking of dmg modifiers would be similar to the old LH water build.

At work now and can't test anything.

@Henrik.7560 said:Probably 30k max, the needless nerfs to conjures and meteor ruined core ele, weaver is still strong because they keep buffing its modifiers

I tested staff weaver result :with (fire-arcane) 30-32kwith(fire-water) 27-30k

I also tried a different rota with water no successEverything with with fresh air setup has the problem it doesn't work with staff because staff has no good skills with air unlike horn and sword.

What you could try is water/fire/arcane if they gave arcane the same treatment like they did the other trait it might be possible to built a core built which is viable somewhere

To be honest that's still pretty good, yet everyone makes it out to be the end of the world. My problem with staff isn't the max DPS, but how useless some of the skills are.. switching to water (if you're not healing) or air (at all), or earth (except to blast) is just, ugh.

That is what limits its build so much, compared to other weapons, at least. WTB druid or guard staff fluidity.

@Hannelore.8153 said:To be honest that's still pretty good, yet everyone makes it out to be the end of the world. My problem with staff isn't the max DPS, but how useless some of the skills are.. switching to water (if you're not healing) or air (at all), or earth (except to blast) is just, ugh.

That is what limits its build so much, compared to other weapons, at least. WTB druid or guard staff fluidity.

WTB new long ranged weapon. Waiting for next xpac.

Or maybe they'll rework staff. Can't let the hope die!

@Hannelore.8153 said:To be honest that's still pretty good, yet everyone makes it out to be the end of the world. My problem with staff isn't the max DPS, but how useless some of the skills are.. switching to water (if you're not healing) or air (at all), or earth (except to blast) is just, ugh.

The old staff was built around the idea with each element comes another theme:Fire :DPSWind: Crowed control in the classic senseWater: HealingEarth: Protection

They didn't went completely through with this for obvious reasons . Water for healing t is he only thing which really still works on staff.Skills I consider not working properly :Core:fire / Meteorshower -its like trying to suck dps out at the end/ Lava font - why doesn't gives this burns this makes no sense .-.wind / Static Field -doesn't work on most mobs because most mobs are veteran now and even on normal mobs this skill doesn't wok on all of them ( so make it work up to veteran)earth / Unsteady ground - the duration is just too short to be useful in most situations

Weaver:fire-water / Pressure Blast -its trying everything and accomplish nothing I would make it a skill with cast time and a lot more dps ala Kamehamehawater-wind / Monsoon -again its trying everything and accomplish nothing but if you increase the healing a lot and the chill duration so say 4s this would be interesting.

In the end I don't want to much more dps for staff weaver just let say 2 k dps this is enough to out dps most players and hopefully low enough to not to get nerfed again.