Predictions for LW preview on Aug 30

Anet has announced another Living World which they will preview on Aug 30https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/join-us-for-a-special-live-event-on-august-30/

Here are my predictions:

1. It will be Season 5 and not another chapter for Season 4
  2. The bad guy will be Jormag. Bleh.
  3. And the whole thing will be "How do we beat Jormag without killing him?" Because killing him could cause the destruction of Tyria but you still got to stop a rampaging Dragon. The solution? Aurene eats him.
  4. Aurene will want Fries with that Jormag Burger. And jello. Always room for jello.

I hate that story idea because Dragons as bad guys and good "guy" have been done to death, but I think the dev team are going to do it anyways. I would rather see Inquest, Nightmare Court, Fire legion, etc... to finally step up and take advantage of all the chaos caused by the last 3 dragons to make their move.

And if any Inquest are reading this, I have 2 Asura who really want to sign up with you guys. M'kay.

Other Predictions:

1. More Masteries, but nearly all will be only usable within the story. Maybe 1 or 2 will be usable in non-story zones
  2. A swimming mount because a chunk of the story will be underwater
  3. Legendaries! Bunches of them
  4. Another Raid or two

That's what I think. What do you think will happen?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:

1. The bad guy will be Jormag. Bleh.
  2. And the whole thing will be "How do we beat Jormag without killing him?" Because killing him could cause the destruction of Tyria but you still got to stop a rampaging Dragon. The solution? Aurene eats him.
  3. Aurene will want Fries with that Jormag Burger. And jello. Always room for jello.

Jormag isn't exactly "rampaging", actually last we heard of Jormas was that he went back to sleep if I didn't miss anything. So while we might have to deal with things that have got to do with Jormag, I don't think we will be confronting him directly anytime soon. But I'm looking forward to some cool maps! (Pun intended)

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:

1. More Masteries, but nearly all will be only usable within the story. Maybe 1 or 2 will be usable in non-story zones
  2. A swimming mount because a chunk of the story will be underwater
  3. Legendaries! Bunches of them
  4. Another Raid or two

A swimming mount would be nice, that would make underwater content a lot more bearable.I don't think there will be any new Legendary Weapons in the next LW Season since we are about done with the Gen 2 bunch but I do think (hope) we'll get another set of Legendary Armor from PvE Content for every weight class and hopefull another full set of Accessories (Amulet, Rings, Earring thingies and Backpiece), which hopefully don't belong to the Vision, Aurora, Whatever bunch. I'd prefer more unique legendarys.

Also I hope we'll finally get the option to hide accessories (Aurora etc).

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:@Randulf.7614 @Inculpatus cedo.9234So I got a few things wrong. You have any predictions?

Yes but my predictions always seem to be wrong so if I voice any cool ideas, I’ll be disappointed when they don’t come true. S4 was a huge disappointment for me so I’m trying to go clean slate with expectations

I do agree with wanting to see more with nightmare court and inquest and even consortium however

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:@Randulf.7614 @"Inculpatus cedo.9234"So I got a few things wrong. You have any predictions?

1. more human trash storylines
  2. maybe the pale tree? We don't know how she has been, could lead into finding mallycks (Or however you spell the salad monkey's name.) tree, thus leading to more customization options for sylvari.
  3. Dominion of winds could open up, give us another city (Doubt we will see any new races, ever just like classes. Too much "Work".)
  4. Probs some flame legion shenanigans, potentially leading to us going to the blood legion homelands.
  5. Since they said they won't be adding as many maps I think reworks/overhauls to existing core tyria maps are what they are looking toward.
  6. Black citadel gets destroyed by the flame legion, which is one of the first major losses we can literally fix next episode.
  7. Mist shenanigans because Kralk messed everything up, our reality is now anchored to theirs and vice versa. Could be cool.
  8. Hints at the next expansion, if there is one littered through out.
  9. Someone is gonna die, been setting it up for two seasons and an expansion. My money is on Taimi as we know her time is limited and her sickness is getting worse; Could be us dealing with something like that emotionally charging us into a vulnerable state for "Enter some bad person here, to make things worse."

My predictions:

Dragon CultsThe gods are gone, and ascension is a bust. But for those that still seek immortality, there's a new way. There is a new cult tracking down the remaining power of Zhaitan and Mordremoth, dragons of Death and Life, because gaining enough of both would clearly let you transcend mortality, right? And those dragons are gone, so they can't corrupt and control you.

We start tracking down disappearances of free-willed risen, as well as some sylvari. We find experiments to extract the magic from them, which seem horrible enough. Then, we find remains of a sylvari that the cult has eaten alive...

Meanwhile, we have those that see Aurene as a replacement for the gods and have taken to worshiping her. Not just humans, but sylvari and even some of the Sons of Svanir and Flame Legion form this cult. This growing cult forms a new faction in area conflicts, sparking new problems. And what happens when the Cult of Aurene meets the Cult of Immortality?

The Egg of OwlWhile Jormag is dormant, we lead an expedition into Jormag itself, protected by Aurene's magic. There, we find the remains of Owl, badly corrupted and dying, but protecting a single egg. We bring the egg out, but... now what? How do we help it to hatch? Can it? Is it still pure, or has it picked up a trace of corruption? This time, it's up to the norn to save one of their spirits instead of the other way around, and none of the spirits they normally talk to can agree on what to do. Should we go it on our own? Seek help and advice from a more distant spirit? Do we even want it to hatch, when it may be corrupted and the norn have shown they can survive without Owl?

Elite specs and other thingsOne new round of elite specs for all classes. The hearts on new LS maps/areas will be replaced with vendors like the ones in Dragon Fall. And finally, players will unlock a new "base of operations" zone, similar to Sun's Refuge, that will be the central hub for all of LS5.

There will be one new mount. The "Warp Bovine" will run at a pace slightly slower than normal player movement. The engage skill will be to dump the player off on their kitten and run away. But the special skill will be to warp to a random location anywhere else in Tyria, making it technically the fastest mount of all.

Here's a prediction, don't have any faith in it:

1~A jormag cult is growing whereas the pact is more and more known around tyria and now have killed 3 dragons of the six. Sons of svanir are worrying for their saviour jormag, building strong remparts and fortresses. Performing a black magic cult to awake Jormag the faster possible.Pact is heading to the north of shiverpeaks to stop that.

2~BUT, in same time, the flame legion is profiting from that crisis to attack the black citadel, still not assaulted from the start 6 years ago. Small events occurs with portals and effigies rampaging. But the cats are fighting well with the available mortars and weapons. Whereas the first wave end, they discover that the separatists and renegade were with them launching the second wave.

3~At the other side, all pact forces withdrew themselves from maguuma to help fighting sons of svanir. The sinister triade make a comeback developping themselves at the north of the lost precipice guild hall, creating a huge headquarter and manage to create a gate hub. Thanks Inquest. They also develop a considerable airship fleet.

4~A mysterious ancient signal appear in the depths on tyria. An energetic signature and a distress message. An unknown city with an asuran name. A familiar name within it, Primordus.

@hugo.4705 said:Here's a prediction, don't have any faith in it:

4~A mysterious ancient signal appear in the depths on tyria. An energetic signature and a distress message. An unknown city with an asuran name.

This bit I particularly like. Yes it could lead to Primordus later, but the chance to explore whole new areas and journey into the unknown is something GW2 could really use more of. They touched on it with Rata Novus, but we skipped through it too quickly. A whole Act could have been dedicated to it.

The only slight issue is that Primordus has cleared through most of underground areas from what little we know, so it is unlikely there will be any cities down there, but one further out is not totally implausible.

The Jormag cult is very plausible. My knowledge is sketchy, but isn't there a Bloodstone in the Shiverpeaks that could be drawn upon?

? mount. Or that multi seater rhino. I feel like elite specs or secondary professions are in the works but I don’t know if they’ll be coming with living world. We might get some suns refuge area again. Other than that not a lot of expectations.

I predict it'll be an announcement of... LS5 with a release date sometime in September.

I predict there will be little more information than some vague notions of where we're going but they'll spin it out for 45 minutes in front of a whooping audience.

I'd personally prefer to see in game hints of where we're going next through Current Events or Side Stories but those seem to have been dropped.