Predictions for LW preview on Aug 30 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Predictions for LW preview on Aug 30

Anet has announced another Living World which they will preview on Aug 30
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/join-us-for-a-special-live-event-on-august-30/

Here are my predictions:
1. It will be Season 5 and not another chapter for Season 4
2. The bad guy will be Jormag. Bleh.
3. And the whole thing will be "How do we beat Jormag without killing him?" Because killing him could cause the destruction of Tyria but you still got to stop a rampaging Dragon. The solution? Aurene eats him.
4. Aurene will want Fries with that Jormag Burger. And jello. Always room for jello.

I hate that story idea because Dragons as bad guys and good "guy" have been done to death, but I think the dev team are going to do it anyways. I would rather see Inquest, Nightmare Court, Fire legion, etc... to finally step up and take advantage of all the chaos caused by the last 3 dragons to make their move.

And if any Inquest are reading this, I have 2 Asura who really want to sign up with you guys. M'kay.

Other Predictions:
1. More Masteries, but nearly all will be only usable within the story. Maybe 1 or 2 will be usable in non-story zones
2. A swimming mount because a chunk of the story will be underwater
3. Legendaries! Bunches of them
4. Another Raid or two

That's what I think. What do you think will happen?

<134

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

They’ve previously said S5 won’t be directly about the elder dragons so if it is jormag I expect that to be background or late in the arc

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• EmmetOtter.8542EmmetOtter.8542 Member ✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 @Inculpatus cedo.9234
    So I got a few things wrong. You have any predictions?

• EmmetOtter.8542EmmetOtter.8542 Member ✭✭✭

I'm also going to predict that story boss difficulty will get nerfed, but Braham will no longer be with you to raise you when you go down.

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

Going to the north, no underwater main content. Season 4 is over and we are headed into season 5. No new legendaries. Branching out to additional content from pve to wvw to pvp.

• TwilightSoul.9048TwilightSoul.9048 Member ✭✭✭

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:
    2. The bad guy will be Jormag. Bleh.
    3. And the whole thing will be "How do we beat Jormag without killing him?" Because killing him could cause the destruction of Tyria but you still got to stop a rampaging Dragon. The solution? Aurene eats him.
    4. Aurene will want Fries with that Jormag Burger. And jello. Always room for jello.

Jormag isn't exactly "rampaging", actually last we heard of Jormas was that he went back to sleep if I didn't miss anything. So while we might have to deal with things that have got to do with Jormag, I don't think we will be confronting him directly anytime soon. But I'm looking forward to some cool maps! (Pun intended)

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:
    1. More Masteries, but nearly all will be only usable within the story. Maybe 1 or 2 will be usable in non-story zones
    2. A swimming mount because a chunk of the story will be underwater
    4. Another Raid or two

A swimming mount would be nice, that would make underwater content a lot more bearable.
    I don't think there will be any new Legendary Weapons in the next LW Season since we are about done with the Gen 2 bunch but I do think (hope) we'll get another set of Legendary Armor from PvE Content for every weight class and hopefull another full set of Accessories (Amulet, Rings, Earring thingies and Backpiece), which hopefully don't belong to the Vision, Aurora, Whatever bunch. I'd prefer more unique legendarys.

Also I hope we'll finally get the option to hide accessories (Aurora etc).

As the old worlds fall behind
    Our spirit reaches wide
    With no fear breathing new life
    Awaken from the dark dark slumber

Wintersun - Awaken from the dark slumber (Spring) - Part II The Awakening

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2019

Maybe we'll finally find out what zojja has been up to. I also predict a holiday in the commanders near future. Maybe somewhere sunny.

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:

Yes but my predictions always seem to be wrong so if I voice any cool ideas, I’ll be disappointed when they don’t come true. S4 was a huge disappointment for me so I’m trying to go clean slate with expectations

I do agree with wanting to see more with nightmare court and inquest and even consortium however

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭

i predict that compared to other living world seasons, this one will have more things to it, making it closer to an expansion. (while still no having enough to be considered one, of course)

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2019

Sorry. Inquest isn't hiring, tried since 6 years, tried everything; insigna, whole inquest armor even the recent chair, not enough evil I guess.

Yeah long time I haven't seen consortium/ lion's guard.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:

1. more human trash storylines
    2. maybe the pale tree? We don't know how she has been, could lead into finding mallycks (Or however you spell the salad monkey's name.) tree, thus leading to more customization options for sylvari.
    3. Dominion of winds could open up, give us another city (Doubt we will see any new races, ever just like classes. Too much "Work".)
    4. Probs some flame legion shenanigans, potentially leading to us going to the blood legion homelands.
    5. Since they said they won't be adding as many maps I think reworks/overhauls to existing core tyria maps are what they are looking toward.
    6. Black citadel gets destroyed by the flame legion, which is one of the first major losses we can literally fix next episode.
    7. Mist shenanigans because Kralk messed everything up, our reality is now anchored to theirs and vice versa. Could be cool.
    8. Hints at the next expansion, if there is one littered through out.
    9. Someone is gonna die, been setting it up for two seasons and an expansion. My money is on Taimi as we know her time is limited and her sickness is getting worse; Could be us dealing with something like that emotionally charging us into a vulnerable state for "Enter some bad person here, to make things worse."
  • Alin.2468Alin.2468 Member ✭✭✭

I think they will simply announce a new expansion. That date is also a GW2 anniversary celebration, a perfect moment to announce a new expansion and giveaway some prepurchase codes.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

• Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2019

I think and hope season 5 will be the lead in to a new expansion. Whatever it is it takes place in the cold regions. And the cold regions are the lair of Jormag. HYPE HYPE HYPE!!

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

The Charr make their move.

• Story doesnt matter to me. If its the same formula of new map with nothing to do but half a dozen story instances and a meta event/achievements, ill finally get to write off this game as a lost cause.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Here's a prediction, don't have any faith in it:

1~A jormag cult is growing whereas the pact is more and more known around tyria and now have killed 3 dragons of the six. Sons of svanir are worrying for their saviour jormag, building strong remparts and fortresses. Performing a black magic cult to awake Jormag the faster possible.
    Pact is heading to the north of shiverpeaks to stop that.

2~BUT, in same time, the flame legion is profiting from that crisis to attack the black citadel, still not assaulted from the start 6 years ago. Small events occurs with portals and effigies rampaging. But the cats are fighting well with the available mortars and weapons. Whereas the first wave end, they discover that the separatists and renegade were with them launching the second wave.

3~At the other side, all pact forces withdrew themselves from maguuma to help fighting sons of svanir. The sinister triade make a comeback developping themselves at the north of the lost precipice guild hall, creating a huge headquarter and manage to create a gate hub. Thanks Inquest. They also develop a considerable airship fleet.

4~A mysterious ancient signal appear in the depths on tyria. An energetic signature and a distress message. An unknown city with an asuran name. A familiar name within it, Primordus.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

@hugo.4705 said:
    Here's a prediction, don't have any faith in it:

4~A mysterious ancient signal appear in the depths on tyria. An energetic signature and a distress message. An unknown city with an asuran name.

This bit I particularly like. Yes it could lead to Primordus later, but the chance to explore whole new areas and journey into the unknown is something GW2 could really use more of. They touched on it with Rata Novus, but we skipped through it too quickly. A whole Act could have been dedicated to it.

The only slight issue is that Primordus has cleared through most of underground areas from what little we know, so it is unlikely there will be any cities down there, but one further out is not totally implausible.

The Jormag cult is very plausible. My knowledge is sketchy, but isn't there a Bloodstone in the Shiverpeaks that could be drawn upon?

• vyncius.6105vyncius.6105 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2019

My predictions for lw5:

1. New race.
    2. New elite specs.
    3. New weapon type (Great Axe).
    4. Player housing.
    5. Reworked dungeons+extra 3 dungeons.
    6. Raid wing every lw episode.
    7. Alliances.
    8. 5 new pvp maps.
    9. Reworked or new legendary armor sets.
    10. Build templates.

/sarcasm off

• Psientist.6437Psientist.6437 Member ✭✭✭

Player housing or home instance rework, hopefully home instance rework
    or
    Intense, heart pounding, toe curling fishing

all primes work and not tearing down has value
    ready purrlayer @ any parsed feels enhance the value of something that is already worth everything
    what other chordal approach but penultimate singing along with other quantum cuddle clocks

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

🕷 mount. Or that multi seater rhino. I feel like elite specs or secondary professions are in the works but I don’t know if they’ll be coming with living world. We might get some suns refuge area again. Other than that not a lot of expectations.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

I predict it'll be an announcement of... LS5 with a release date sometime in September.

I predict there will be little more information than some vague notions of where we're going but they'll spin it out for 45 minutes in front of a whooping audience.

I'd personally prefer to see in game hints of where we're going next through Current Events or Side Stories but those seem to have been dropped.

• I want CANTHA!

Fort Aspenwood forever!
    36 characters!

• Genesis.7864Genesis.7864 Member ✭✭✭

New legendary ring and amulet during LWS5
    Hopefully an underwater mount, that'd be great! Bring on the rainbow seahorses!
    Fishing maybe?

• Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Teleoceras.1298 said:
    I want CANTHA!

never happen.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2019

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:
    Here are my predictions:
    1. It will be Season 5 and not another chapter for Season 4

That's no prediction but an already known fact, and has been for half a year, if not longer.

1. The bad guy will be Jormag. Bleh.

My bet is still on the Sea Dragon. I was hoping for a non-dragon storyline, but alas...

1. And the whole thing will be "How do we beat Jormag without killing him?" Because killing him could cause the destruction of Tyria but you still got to stop a rampaging Dragon.

That would be such a boring foundation for Season 5.

Other Predictions:

Doubt it.

That's what I think. What do you think will happen?

We are going to cross the ocean to Cantha and will stumble across Bubbles (or Bubbles will be the reason for us to go to Cantha in the first place, because its shoreline is being threatened by the dragon).

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

My guess would also be Cantha with the storyline leading up to the DSD.

Somewhere chasing bags....

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:

1. more human trash storylines
    2. maybe the pale tree? We don't know how she has been, could lead into finding mallycks (Or however you spell the salad monkey's name.) tree, thus leading to more customization options for sylvari.
    3. Dominion of winds could open up, give us another city (Doubt we will see any new races, ever just like classes. Too much "Work".)
    4. Probs some flame legion shenanigans, potentially leading to us going to the blood legion homelands.
    5. Since they said they won't be adding as many maps I think reworks/overhauls to existing core tyria maps are what they are looking toward.
    6. Black citadel gets destroyed by the flame legion, which is one of the first major losses we can literally fix next episode.
    7. Mist shenanigans because Kralk messed everything up, our reality is now anchored to theirs and vice versa. Could be cool.
    8. Hints at the next expansion, if there is one littered through out.
    9. Someone is gonna die, been setting it up for two seasons and an expansion. My money is on Taimi as we know her time is limited and her sickness is getting worse; Could be us dealing with something like that emotionally charging us into a vulnerable state for "Enter some bad person here, to make things worse."

The nr 5 could also be like drytop and silverwaste were the map opens up gradualy, so ep1,2 3 are on the same map just diffrent layers for example.
    I dont see them destroying core maps they stoped those shenanigans in season 1.

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

Living world season 2 was based on core tyria maps (where you did existing events), and drytop and silverwastes. It is not impossible they revisit an old map and use some event or the likes on it. Think of revisiting lws4 maps and core tyria. Hot zones they cannot touch as they are locked behind another xpac and same for living world season 3 maps.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Path of Fire maps and Living World Season 4 maps are locked behind an expansion, as well.

• I'm hoping it's a story that fleshes the Norn out a bit. Right now, they just seem like oversized humans that prefer to keep to themselves.

Would love to see the Koda become a playable race too.

Eredon Terrace ~ Toki Embermane - 80 Norn Scourge, Sylvia of Dusk - 80 Sylvari Mirage, Êlsa Ôf Ârendelle - 80 Human Tempest

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Path of Fire maps and Living World Season 4 maps are locked behind an expansion, as well.

True but lw season 5 will be tied to pof expansion so its fine to remodel those.

• Shade.8971Shade.8971 Member ✭✭

2 - 3 hours of content masked by templates, tricking everyone this is ok for 2 to 3 month gaps of content.

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure everyone knows it would not be another chapter for Season 4 since the Devs announced Episode 6 was the finale.

Hold up they mentioned another episode after this?

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

my predictions are that there's gonna be a Norn "civil" war

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Pretty sure everyone knows it would not be another chapter for Season 4 since the Devs announced Episode 6 was the finale.

Hold up they mentioned another episode after this?

Only the OP.

• Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭

So from previous experience i can tell it will be on the scale of Istan or jahai bluffs, since it is the team that made them, the map could be larger since they said they will reduce the number of new maps so it will be more like dry top, silverwastes type that gradually opens up new areas, so if they half the maps to 3 so new map per 2 episodes ,the maps have constant population instead of having most of the people in the better 3 of the season or just the new one.
    The story will be mediocre, but bombastic so it grabs attention but not deep, it will introduce some new characters and flesh out some old ones that were left out.
    There would be some QOL changes i suspect the legendary runes, no new mount that would be for ep 3, there might be a new weapon set of skins (but it could be for ep2 ),
    no new armor skins we already got one the last ep so it is for the 2nd or the 3rd.
    I wonder if there would be pre event or the pre event was dragon bash , since the current events team is the festival team and that snowy area stuff feels like we are going after the sons of svanir.
    For the PAX event they will be talking how they will proceed further with the living world and maybe at the end they will drop a teaser for expansion, the last one is more of industry standard and NCSOFT took their publishing and marketing so expect something by the book, if they even announce anything that is.

What i hope is that they will not waste cool encounters on one and done deal going forward and go into making the game fun and less about statistics, some boots on the ground will probably help, since most of the time it feels that they don't know what is making the game work for so many people and they just trow random ideas, which are great most of the time, but they don't work on them further. Statistics don't show if the thing the players do in game is fun for them, most of the time people funnel into activities that are most efficient for some end goal, the path of least resistance, but most of the time it is horribly boring activity as an example from the big daddy of MMOs
    WoW AP grind, Facebook game timer tables nobody likes them but they are efficient and everyone does them. It is nice having statistics but they are a tool not a guide and following only them ends up making everything repetitive and sucks the life and creativity of the whole thing and if you watch one of the dev streams for WoW it can be noticed that there is a lot of robotic statements.
    I'm focusing on WoW since Arenanet has been taking some ideas from there, but they should look at their mistakes also,( WoW started swiping ideas from GW2 and implementing them half baked, i fully expect they will copy the mount system in some way in the future).

• ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

I hope Cantha with Tengu Race and new elite specs, but I fear it will be same old boring old world kitten like Northern Shiverpeaks with Jormag and maybe some Charr Homeland kitten. Also fluff content like player housing which I despise and maybe a new race, though they denied that from time to time.

One of the preview pics showed snow, so that's why.

• @Randulf.7614 said:

The Jormag cult is very plausible. My knowledge is sketchy, but isn't there a Bloodstone in the Shiverpeaks that could be drawn upon?

Muuuuch further south. IIRC the Shiverpeaks Bloodstone was the one in Bloodstone Caves in GW1, and should be between Sparkfly Swamp and Straits of Devastation in GW2.

I thought the svanir was already the jormag cult.

edited July 29, 2019

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

Muuuuch further south. IIRC the Shiverpeaks Bloodstone was the one in Bloodstone Caves in GW1, and should be between Sparkfly Swamp and Straits of Devastation in GW2.

Aha OK, that's one idea out then

edit - bit of wiki digging and the entrance is sealed off right in the North east of Straits of Devastation behind a locked door.

• Kodokuna Akuma.9570Kodokuna Akuma.9570 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2019

@Randulf.7614 said:
    They’ve previously said S5 won’t be directly about the elder dragons so if it is jormag I expect that to be background or late in the arc

I can see lws5 being set-up for dealing with another dragon in some way but id see that as more of an overarching theme as aposed to the meat of the season.

• SidewayS.3789SidewayS.3789 Member ✭✭✭

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:
    I hope Cantha with Tengu Race and new elite specs, but I fear it will be same old boring old world kitten like Northern Shiverpeaks with Jormag and maybe some Charr Homeland kitten. Also fluff content like player housing which I despise and maybe a new race, though they denied that from time to time.

Me and a lot of players, are tired of human centric stories. I want Norn and Charr to have their spotlight. If the ls5/expansion will be another human centric story, i wont buy it. We want something new , rather than human and again human centric stories.

🌊 Kristoff Pentaghast 🌊
    👉 Guardian on [SFR]👈
    💧 [TLS] 💧

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

If elder dragons remain an issue, which not certain they will be, would hate to see another regulated to a LW. LW really should be the fill-ins and build ups to expansions. They should be the paths to a destination but not be ones themselves.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

• Mikali.9651Mikali.9651 Member ✭✭✭

@SidewayS.3789 said:

Me and a lot of players, are tired of human centric stories. I want Norn and Charr to have their spotlight. If the ls5/expansion will be another human centric story, i wont buy it. We want something new , rather than human and again human centric stories.

Well, so what if you are tired of them? I am not against Norn and Charr stories if a story comes to their way, but I am also interested in human stories. Actually, I just want a story to make sense, whichever the way it goes. Do not discriminate just cuz you don't like something.

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mikali.9651 said:

@SidewayS.3789 said:

Well, so what if you are tired of them? I am not against Norn and Charr stories if a story comes to their way, but I am also interested in human stories. Actually, I just want a story to make sense, whichever the way it goes. Do not discriminate just cuz you don't like something.

Discrimination is a bit too strong a word there.

A lot of us that play nonhuman characters have to make do with headcannon for a lot of things that humans get explicitely all the time. It already has a headstart (since it is a real race) too, so a case can even be made that less attention needed to be paid to it but instead stories went the other way.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@SidewayS.3789 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Well it certainly seems like we are heading into the far shiverpeaks, regardless of whether Jormag makes an appearance.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.