shadow portal and water

bq pd.2148

if we are lucky we will at someday in the future retain the portal when we go into water, just like a mesmer does (even when its not on his watercombat bar).but till then: anyone can tell me how to reliably enter water without sinking below the surface so that i dont lose my portal?

not asking for it to be usable underwater.but right now when you place it on land and need to cross water, then the moment you sink below surface your exit portal will be gone and the skill on max cooldown. thats why i am asking how to enter water without sinking below the surface so that i can make a portal across water reliably. (mostly for WvW ofc as i will have skimmer/skyscale etc in most PvE envoirements)

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Prolly would be a case of don't go through water ATM. Are preparations useable underwater? If so, tried equipping it in the same slot so the skill doesn't get removed?

:( , well then it seems the alpine bays are a bit safer for a while till we have some changes. but having alot of fun with the portal elsewhere even if it bugs out regularly. going by his signature i probably was even one of the reasons for a new 'thieves in keeps' thread within less then a week being back from a break.

edit: you can jump over the water inside the bay with the mount.