New solo PvE build ?

Komuszon.5890

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/993042#Comment_993042

This is my solo PvE core mesmer build, it works better than chrono and mirage.It works well in PvE solo as well as fractals.For raids, stick with chrono tank or condi mirage.It's got all the QoL you defensive, offensive and tactical utilities, traits and shatter mechanics you need

I still run chronomancer. For open world, I use:

Full Berserker GearGreatsword, Sword + SwordImpact + Force Sigils on both weapon sets.x6 Scholar Runes in the armor.

Traits:

Dueling: Phantasmal Fury, Fencer's Finesse, Superiority ComplexIllusions: Persistence of Memory, Phantasmal Haste, Phantasmal ForceChronomancer: Time Catches Up, Danger Time, Chronophantasma

Utilities: Signet of the Ether, Phantasmal Disenchanter, (filler), (filler), Gravity Well.

Though if I am going to be with a group, I change to a diviner set and run the buffing build. Even in a PUG zerg, chronobuffers can still command a lot of power through group quickness and alacrity. The filler skills I choose based on specific encounters, but generally I use Mirror Images and Well of Calamity. The Mantra of Pain is probably better than the well, but my eyes are bad and the icon is so cluttered I can't see when it counts up from 1 to 2, so instead I just use the well.

Chronomancer still has a lot of QoL features in it. Particularly, Time Marches On, which makes traveling the overworld a lot less of a hassle. Flow of time and Continuum split are also good, for their own obvious reasons. The reason why I run Dueling/Illusions is because of all the self buffing this build does. Through a fight this build can give itself permanent fury, 25 might, and near permanent quickness, letting you cut through the overworld like a human buzz-saw.

I do have a condi mirage build that I'll swap in to on occasion, but I largely stick to chronomancer for two reasons. First, I am really bad at condi mirage. The builds that should benchmark at 28k, I can barely break 20k after several hours of trying while copying their rotations. Second, condition builds don't do as well in the overworld. Yes, you can kill things with them, but unless you're fighting a champion level enemy, they'll never match the value that raw burst damage has.

The answer to this question requires more specifics. Do you prefer to ‘peel’ at enemies, playing tanky and chipping away their hp? Or do you prefer to be as efficient as possible and steamroll through content with something unstable as a unicycle? Does ‘solo’ include soloing champs? Do you like to intelligently run into an ambush of enemies?

There’s specific builds that deal with these specific situations, and it’s not entirely one-spec-rules-all.

For a slow paced/champ soloing playstyle, both mirage and chrono are suited in this area, whilst core is questionable.

Core currently holds the title of blowing up regular mobs the fastest. condi mirage despite being condi is more than okay, and is just as fast as chrono anyway.

AoE/tagging-wise, power mirage is the best, although it is not as good dmg-wise. Core and mirage have good cleave but severely lack the range of gs ambush. Chrono is questionable in this regard as it would require a specific build that would be likely by dwarfed by core.

I can suggest builds, but can only after I know what playstyle is sought.

This thread might be useful.

@Genesis.7864 said:Thanks for build :) However I was running core while leveling and a bit after, and im looking for elite for sure :)

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Thanks. I'll try your build for sure, because i prefer Power over Condi :)

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:Well, I prefer Power for sure, Condi is not my style. In build im looking for ability to solo some champions, however i would like to have good survivality without spamming tons on dodges and swaping weapons every 10seconds :PAlso im looking for some solid Aoe for farming trash mobs and tagging in zerg farm trains.Can you advice some build ?:) Or you need more info ?

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:I still run chronomancer. For open world, I use:

Full Berserker GearGreatsword, Sword + SwordImpact + Force Sigils on both weapon sets.x6 Scholar Runes in the armor.

Traits:

Dueling: Phantasmal Fury, Fencer's Finesse, Superiority ComplexIllusions: Persistence of Memory, Phantasmal Haste, Phantasmal ForceChronomancer: Time Catches Up, Danger Time, Chronophantasma

Utilities: Signet of the Ether, Phantasmal Disenchanter, (filler), (filler), Gravity Well.

Though if I am going to be with a group, I change to a diviner set and run the buffing build. Even in a PUG zerg, chronobuffers can still command a lot of power through group quickness and alacrity. The filler skills I choose based on specific encounters, but generally I use Mirror Images and Well of Calamity. The Mantra of Pain is probably better than the well, but my eyes are bad and the icon is so cluttered I can't see when it counts up from 1 to 2, so instead I just use the well.

Chronomancer still has a lot of QoL features in it. Particularly, Time Marches On, which makes traveling the overworld a lot less of a hassle. Flow of time and Continuum split are also good, for their own obvious reasons. The reason why I run Dueling/Illusions is because of all the self buffing this build does. Through a fight this build can give itself permanent fury, 25 might, and near permanent quickness, letting you cut through the overworld like a human buzz-saw.

I do have a condi mirage build that I'll swap in to on occasion, but I largely stick to chronomancer for two reasons. First, I am really bad at condi mirage. The builds that should benchmark at 28k, I can barely break 20k after several hours of trying while copying their rotations. Second, condition builds don't do as well in the overworld. Yes, you can kill things with them, but unless you're fighting a champion level enemy, they'll never match the value that raw burst damage has.

Fwiw, there are very few situations where the dps of sword outweighs the sheer utility of focus pull in open world. I'll always have another sword with me to swap on, but open world content is so heavily biased around killing clumps of trash that the focus is just invaluable.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

Traits:

I do have a condi mirage build that I'll swap in to on occasion, but I largely stick to chronomancer for two reasons. First, I am
really
bad at condi mirage. The builds that should benchmark at 28k, I can barely break 20k after several hours of trying while copying their rotations. Second, condition builds don't do as well in the overworld. Yes, you can kill things with them, but unless you're fighting a champion level enemy, they'll never match the value that raw burst damage has.

Fwiw, there are very few situations where the dps of sword outweighs the sheer utility of focus pull in open world. I'll always have another sword with me to swap on, but open world content is so heavily biased around killing clumps of trash that the focus is just invaluable.

Isn't that what Raptor is for?

@Levetty.1279 said:

Traits:

I do have a condi mirage build that I'll swap in to on occasion, but I largely stick to chronomancer for two reasons. First, I am
really
bad at condi mirage. The builds that should benchmark at 28k, I can barely break 20k after several hours of trying while copying their rotations. Second, condition builds don't do as well in the overworld. Yes, you can kill things with them, but unless you're fighting a champion level enemy, they'll never match the value that raw burst damage has.

Isn't that what Raptor is for?

Hah, I suppose so, but it's not exactly a 1-size-fits-all solution if you're in combat or need to use a different mount for things.

@"Komuszon.5890" said:Well, I prefer Power for sure, Condi is not my style. In build im looking for ability to solo some champions, however i would like to have good survivality without spamming tons on dodges and swaping weapons every 10seconds :PAlso im looking for some solid Aoe for farming trash mobs and tagging in zerg farm trains.Can you advice some build ?:) Or you need more info ?

Survivability/champ solo and dmg unfortunately doesn’t go hand in hand, and since you prefer power, this becomes just slightly more complicated (condi is really easy since it’s just the same old mirage build).

Good survivability and champ soloing can be done on chrono w/ shield, and is conveniently covered -> here <-. Fortunately and despite being outdated, it covers a lot on open-world chrono and all the different variations of it for different situations, and saves me the trouble of explaining things myself. By all means, change up the traits, skills, weapons and gear stats to suit your preferences as the build itself isn’t entirely set in stone.

If you’re lazy/don’t care about being efficient, you can still farm trash on a less offensive chrono build. If playing solo, killing trash mobs can feel clunky and unintuitive, but it saves you the trouble of switching all traitlines and utility skills + gear just to deal with one aspect of PvE.

For tagging however (in metas for example), it is useful to keep power mirage on hand just for the GS ambush (unless you are already satisfied using GS and mashing the target change key) - traits, gear, utility and whatnot isn’t important as long as you tag which just requires the mirage traitline to be active and then dodging and autoattacking with GS.