What is currently your most favored Necro build for WvW?

EremiteAngel.9765

I'm an avid build-crafter and got a few Necros geared with themed fun builds and practical builds.But recently I feel like I've bumped into a wall when it comes to new build ideas.Almost all my existing builds feel...not fun to play with...

What is currently your most favored build for WvW?For any spec, Core, Reaper or Scourge.Can be for any purpose in WvW.All rounded builds, or just doing dailies, or just flipping camps for pips, or dueling, solo roaming, group roaming, zerg, blob, guild etc.Anything, any purpose.For fun, for practicality, for anything.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:Glass reaper can be a lot of fun with NCSY in a zerg if your reflexes are quick, generates downs like no one's business lol

How about that power Reaper build you were using that beat me some time ago? Are you still using it? I felt it was a pretty strong build ?

Not playing much reaper right now, I've been having fun with guard. I'll probably go back to necro eventually though lol

I have a very interesting hybrid reaper boon build. I got thus build when i tried to make a boon reaper. First i made power variant but damage seemed lacking so i changed to hybrid and i cannot tell you in words the level of relentless pressure this build outputs. Still needs some adjustments to fit in some vitality but other than that sustain is ok from boons and counter pressure.

Diviner Trinkets.Grieving armor.Grieving weapons. (Scepter-focus/Staff)Superior Rune of Durability.

Traits

Curses: 2-2-3(dps) or 2-2-1(sustain)

Soul reaping: 3-3-3(dps) or 3-3-1(sustain)*Can take unblockable marks against warr or guard.

Reaper: 2-3-3(for crit chance) or 2-1-3(dps+very small sustain increase).

Cleansing and torment sigil on scepter-focus.

Energy and bloodlust on staff.

Heal: Consume conditionsUtility: Corrupt boons, Spectral Walk, WurmElite: Chilled to the bone(Reaper elite).

This build oveflows with quickness out of shroud for a good 6-10secs on average which should be used to land good number of aa chain and #3 on scepter. Flesh wurm with quickness cast is also great. Stab uptime is very very high specially if you use foot in the grave. I suggest taking speed of shadows so you can deal with current mesmers and bs builds throwing immob everywhere. Shroud 2 does 2 corrupts and blind+extra bleed and stuff from crit which is insane cover condi for reaper #4 which gives 1k poison ticks 9-10k flat damage. Shroud enter clears all your movement impairing condi+3 damaging from cleansing sigil which is essentially a full cleanse every 10secs. Switch to staff only if players are moving out of range or to kite.

What i feel lacking from this build is some vitality and some might generation. I tried aristocracy runes and curses 221 but never got good max might uptimes but the damage is great without it and we lose lot of survivability without durability runes so i have given up on it. Other than that Im having more than amazing time on this build and feel like everyone should try it once atleast.

@"XECOR.2814" said:I have a very interesting hybrid reaper boon build. I got thus build when i tried to make a boon reaper. First i made power variant but damage seemed lacking so i changed to hybrid and i cannot tell you in words the level of relentless pressure this build outputs. Still needs some adjustments to fit in some vitality but other than that sustain is ok from boons and counter pressure.

Diviner Trinkets.Grieving armor.Grieving weapons. (Scepter-focus/Staff)Superior Rune of Durability.

Traits

Soul reaping: 3-3-3(dps) or 3-3-1(sustain)*Can take unblockable marks against warr or guard.

Heal: Consume conditionsUtility: Corrupt boons, Spectral Walk, WurmElite: Chilled to the bone(Reaper elite).

This build oveflows with quickness out of shroud for a good 6-10secs on average which should be used to land good number of aa chain and #3 on scepter. Flesh wurm with quickness cast is also great. Stab uptime is very very high specially if you use foot in the grave. I suggest taking speed of shadows so you can deal with current mesmers and bs builds throwing immob everywhere. Shroud 2 does 2 corrupts and blind+extra bleed and stuff from crit which is insane cover condi for reaper #4 which gives 1k poison ticks 9-10k flat damage. Shroud enter clears all your movement impairing condi+3 damaging from cleansing sigil which is essentially a full cleanse every 10secs. Switch to staff only if players are moving out of range or to kite.

What i feel lacking from this build is some vitality and some might generation. I tried aristocracy runes and curses 221 but never got good max might uptimes but the damage is great without it and we lose lot of survivability without durability runes so i have given up on it. Other than that Im having more than amazing time on this build and feel like everyone should try it once atleast.

Looks really interesting!I took the liberty of putting it into the build editor for easier viewing.Will give it a try soon!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW7dnc0Al3g91AG3A0bilkBLKndtCAx1we4QkaHME6BA-jVCEQB2V5HAuAAwb/BndEAIquBnq+T2OIAP4BAcXlgAA-w

The 2 hours per week I log into the game I play a tanky ProcMancer:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnMbClbi12AG3A0biFcBD6qFAOARbt81HIuKuFLjA-j1xHQBaY/BCq8riKBpn6PK7JAQO9BA4UAEA4A48m38zDc+5nf+5n33nf+5nf+5nf+5nPGgqA-w

Basically the only reaper build I would call viable for roaming atm. It can duell pretty much everything and its slowness is saved by the mount.

@"KrHome.1920" said:The 2 hours per week I log into the game I play a tanky ProcMancer:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnMbClbi12AG3A0biFcBD6qFAOARbt81HIuKuFLjA-j1xHQBaY/BCq8riKBpn6PK7JAQO9BA4UAEA4A48m38zDc+5nf+5n33nf+5nf+5nf+5nPGgqA-w

Basically the only reaper build I would call viable for roaming atm. It can duell pretty much everything and its slowness is saved by the mount.

I ran a similar Wanderers + Soldiers Reaper!Tough to bring down and still threatening against glassy foes due to might generation and quickness.Easily 25 might stacks in a fight.However I found his damage too low to beat sustain builds like Weavers.And eventually the lifeforce regen could not keep up and slowly the Shroud was chipped away in the fight :'(

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@"XECOR.2814" said:I have a very interesting hybrid reaper boon build. I got thus build when i tried to make a boon reaper. First i made power variant but damage seemed lacking so i changed to hybrid and i cannot tell you in words the level of relentless pressure this build outputs. Still needs some adjustments to fit in some vitality but other than that sustain is ok from boons and counter pressure.

Traits

Looks really interesting!I took the liberty of putting it into the build editor for easier viewing.Will give it a try soon!

I modified the build a little for Zerg fights with Wanderer and Carrion pieces.Lower concentration but sturdier with higher vit and toughness.My personal verdict is this build is a blast to play!Had lots of fun this morning.Strong cleave potential, decent condi corruption, boons uptime was nice.Useful range potential with Staff and Traited Scepter, strong as a dive bomber on the enemy backline with Reaper Shroud cleaves.Fun! =)

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:The 2 hours per week I log into the game I play a tanky ProcMancer:

I ran a similar Wanderers + Soldiers Reaper!Tough to bring down and still threatening against glassy foes due to might generation and quickness.Easily 25 might stacks in a fight.However I found his damage too low to beat sustain builds like Weavers.And eventually the lifeforce regen could not keep up and slowly the Shroud was chipped away in the fight :'(For weavers I change suffer! to corrupt boon. Then it's a matter of timing to overload them with shroud enter corrupts and corrupt boon corrupts.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:Power Scourge, staff, dagger/torch.

This sounds interesting! Would you share the full build?And what do you use it for?

I tried staff + D/D Scourge a while back for small group fights but it didn’t work out too well for me XD

It's certainly not a hardcore build but I get a decent amount of kills with it on small scale. Dark Pact is such an underrated skill though. It has been a death sentence for quite a few unsuspecting foes.

@XECOR.2814 said:I have a very interesting hybrid reaper boon build. I got thus build when i tried to make a boon reaper. First i made power variant but damage seemed lacking so i changed to hybrid and i cannot tell you in words the level of relentless pressure this build outputs. Still needs some adjustments to fit in some vitality but other than that sustain is ok from boons and counter pressure.

Traits

I’ve been playing it over reset weekend the past few days and want to say again that I love it! ?

I’ve not had so much fun on other builds for a few weeks now but this build makes me want to play more often.

Highly versatile build that can engage decently in solo, group or blob.

Thanks again for sharing!

Since I Solo-Roam like 80% of my Gw2 time and I only play WvW the build I mainly use is a Power Reaper with Dura Runes and GS/A-F. I would say in 1v1 situation I loose to Thieves as most if not all Necs do (if the Thief has any clue) and Cancer Mirage cause no class has enough cleanse to deal with Anets biggest fail.

Build is very muchthe same as Hollts use for his roaming and ranked PvP. vs other Necro buuilds like Core and Scourge the Power Reaper rarely looses. Curses Scourge is fun in small-scale roaming but lacks certain tools in Solo for me to consider it.

so yea I play Power Quickness Reaper

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:I have a very interesting hybrid reaper boon build. I got thus build when i tried to make a boon reaper. First i made power variant but damage seemed lacking so i changed to hybrid and i cannot tell you in words the level of relentless pressure this build outputs. Still needs some adjustments to fit in some vitality but other than that sustain is ok from boons and counter pressure.

Traits

I’ve been playing it over reset weekend the past few days and want to say again that I love it! ?

I’ve not had so much fun on other builds for a few weeks now but this build makes me want to play more often.

Highly versatile build that can engage decently in solo, group or blob.

Thanks again for sharing!

Np dude. When i discovered it i immediately thought this is the way it was supposed to be played. Like pieces of puzzle fit together perfectly.

@Ravezaar.4951 said:Since I Solo-Roam like 80% of my Gw2 time and I only play WvW the build I mainly use is a Power Reaper with Dura Runes and GS/A-F. I would say in 1v1 situation I loose to Thieves as most if not all Necs do (if the Thief has any clue) and Cancer Mirage cause no class has enough cleanse to deal with Anets biggest fail.

Build is very muchthe same as Hollts use for his roaming and ranked PvP. vs other Necro buuilds like Core and Scourge the Power Reaper rarely looses. Curses Scourge is fun in small-scale roaming but lacks certain tools in Solo for me to consider it.

so yea I play Power Quickness ReaperSpite/curses against thieves for the weakness uptime. And in general go for tanky gear, which means paladin for spvp and soldier or better wanderer for wvw. the rest is intelligent entering and leaving shroud to not waste life force while being kited. On the mentioned tanky armor combined with the weakness spam he will never be able to burst you while shroud is on cooldown as long as you dont wait for him engaging in open field (jumping puzzles are your friend!).

Another general advice: don't run consume conditions! It's trash. YSIM! + augury of death (+CttB!) is your choice for every single possible reaper build. The cooldown is short enough that you can cast a heal on any shroud leaving (which you typically do when your target disengages and so won't be able to interrupt your cast).

For condi mirages additionally pick suffer!, cleansing runes and plague sending (the latter you pick anyway when running spite/curses). Spectral walk is a baseline pick too. Use it before entering shroud. Don't cast your two transfers into distorsion.

@"dceptaconroy.7928" said:Any of you fellas given trailblazers spite curses sceptre dagger staff a go. Watched one of our fellow reaper streamers the other night and he makes it look solid. Really puts the pressure on.

I tried it last year!I did a poll here on making condi Reapers viable again in WvW/PvP and @KrHome.1920 commented that it could actually be viable with the higher shroud damage.And he was right!

The one thing that I'm still mulling over is whether it is better for a Trailblazer Reaper to take Deathly Chill or Reaper's Onslaught.

Deathly Chill

• Seems like the 'logical' choice for condi Reapers but the 1 bleed on chill is just sad.

Reaper's Onslaught

• Has a lot of potential even for a Condi Reaper.
  • Quickness naturally increases all the damage output in Shroud and helps us combo and land our skills better. Also enhances Shroud Auto DhuumFire if you drop Spite for Soul Reaping.
  • +300 Ferocity from the trait useful in a Trailblazers Build with zero precision? Fury + Decimate defenses + Target the Weak can plausibly get you 80%+ crit chance with zero precision invested!

I've not tried it but I got a feeling that Reaper's Onslaught would be a stronger choice even for full Trailblazers Condi Reaper!(Deathly Chill could still work but just feels really lacklustre in comparison).

• 3 weeks later...

Core terrormancer. Something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAsiZlVwCZiMPGJWaPrLfA-zVJYkRH/QkLE8OA-wBuilt for a war of attrition with lots of tools in the kit . Epidemic for nuking camps fast, can swap for something else if a fight is imminent.. Feels like it matches up well with a lot of the other stuff I see roaming around and is durable enough for a 1v2 if need be. Also, fearing people off of cliffs never stops being fun.

For Zergs I've been running metabattle's cele scourge. I wanted great sustain so Sigil of Torment with Runes of Tormenting. Trait Parasitic Contagion for even more sustain.

Great for big battles every critical hit gives you life along with any condition damage you have applied giving you life as long as your not in barrier. Since I am not a big damage dealer I focus on boon rips to help the group get downs. The amount of bags you will see is pretty amazing.