(Spoilers) ANet Reveals Contents of 7th Birthday Gifts

@Linken.6345 said:

@"dagrdagaz.4913" said:On this wiki page it sais that outfit was part of Y3 ;

On the Birthdays page its not mentioned though.

The royal guard outfit was a gift to all the ones with paid account when gw2 went free to play.

That's how I remember it. The outfit went out on the same day as the first people got their 3rd year birthday gifts because Play For Free was introduced as part of the 3rd anniversary, but the outfit went to all accounts that existed at that time. Even if you'd just bought the game the day before you got the outfit, rather than having to wait 3 years.

And it's not part of the 3rd birthday gift for accounts created after that date. Or at least my free account didn't get one.

• 1 month later...

Character wise it'll no doubt be:

• Level 70 Experience Scroll
  • A selectable dye pack of some of the newest dye sets
  • 5 Teleports to Friend
  • 5 Celebration Boosters
  • 5,000 Karma

Account bound it'll be:

• New title
  • 4th City Backpack
  • 5th and 6th Luminous Weapons
  • 2nd Luminous Armor
  • 1 Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock
  • Something new

That something new is most likely to be one of the following given the previous unlocks (in order of likelihood):

• Outfit
  • Choice of novelties (one option per category)
  • Gathering tool skins (one of three options)
  • Cosmetic aura effect (as infusion?)
  • Glider
  • Mount skins (one option per mount)
  • No something new after all (and something new won't show up until Year 9, when both backpieces and armor are completed)

On a side note, ArenaNet has been doing a lot of "maintenance mode preparations" for up to 20 years with the festivals. Perhaps instead of making something new this year, they'll instead prep for new items from Year 9 to Year 20?

We can't have gliders or mount skins because they are tied to Hot/Pof, the reward should be accessible to all.Through why not an armor/weapon/outfit skin voucher.

I'm curious about what will be the 8y+ gift, I mean once we earned our instant lvl 80 boost, what could we have, another 80 boost? For sure we have karma, dye select, booster, tp friend and scroll + title

@"Lithril Ashwalker.6230" said:After 7 years of playing this amazing game, It has me wondering when my toons turn 7 years old...will we get anything other than some crappy level scrolls or tomes of knowledge and some XP booster?[....]The presents should reflect our playtime appreciation is all im asking for, nothing extravagant but definitely something better than what weve been getting thats NOT revolved around RNG.

We've already got unique skins (back pieces, armor sets) that are exclusive to advanced birthdays. I'd say those reflect the opposite of "crappy" and "RNG". :)

@Brother.1504 said:An infusion for the 7th birthday would be nice. ?

That is a lovely idea. <3

@"Synx.3750" said:Would like one of the Charged Quartz Orichalcum Amulet auras as a gift, all these years and not a single drop.

This (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charged_Quartz_Orichalcum_Amulet_of_the_Sky) has not been implemented yet. I'd love to see the Sky Aura, I can imagine it looks similarly to the Liquid Aurillium Infusion, with sparkling bluish stars instead.

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:After 7 years of playing this amazing game, It has me wondering when my toons turn 7 years old...will we get anything other than some crappy level scrolls or tomes of knowledge and some XP booster?

I have tons of tomes of knowledge and those scrolls as well as already level 80 toons.Can we get something like the Kralkatorik Dye set with a choice of what dye pack to get?what about Skin of choice (non legendary/precursor) for any armor/weapon/mount from the entire database?How about a free account upgrade of choice / account unlock like gadgets/toys of choice? (i would love a fractal tonic!)

The presents should reflect our playtime appreciation is all im asking for, nothing extravagant but definitely something better than what weve been getting thats NOT revolved around RNG.

Unfortunately birthdays don't count playtime but real years. Therefore they don't reward playtime. I guess we'll get some more back and weapon skins along with dyes

Well, they will have to change after next year. A level 90 boost would be pointless. It's certainly time they take a look at this. I suspect most players who have been here 7 years have multiple level 80 characters, and enough experience scrolls and tomes to maximize the level of twice as many new characters as they can afford.Personally, I'd like to see a free character slot to use those scrolls on, or a way to convert scrolls to something we can actually use. Maybe a new converter of some type.

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:After 7 years of playing this amazing game, It has me wondering when my toons turn 7 years old...will we get anything other than some crappy level scrolls or tomes of knowledge and some XP booster?

I have tons of tomes of knowledge and those scrolls as well as already level 80 toons.Can we get something like the Kralkatorik Dye set with a choice of what dye pack to get?what about Skin of choice (non legendary/precursor) for any armor/weapon/mount from the entire database?How about a free account upgrade of choice / account unlock like gadgets/toys of choice? (i would love a fractal tonic!)

The presents should reflect our playtime appreciation is all im asking for, nothing extravagant but definitely something better than what weve been getting thats NOT revolved around RNG.

So, you want better than dyes, weapons, armor, boosters, and tomes?

How is asking for more than that not extravagant?

New title, level 79 boost, wardrobe unlock, 2 more luminous weapons, another luminous armor set, another racial back piece, a dye choice kit... and maybe a new thing. It seems they add one new reward each year (first they added backpacks then weapons and last year armor). So maybe a selection of a few glider or mount skins, or minis