Soulbeast stronger than scrapper and holosmith

Ruufio.1496

So for those who aren't aware, 2 players of similar skill who duel with the strongest bruiser builds on a soulbeast and scrappper or holosmith would end in a stalemate with both players being unable to kill each other. Recent patch gutted scrapper damage and survivability (if you played a damage oriented scrapper you lost at least 15% damage and ~200 power) and holosmith now gets instant KOd if he overheats.

Soulbeast only had sic em nerfed and now engineer cannot outdamage or outlive soulbeast in a duel. This is obviously biased towards rangers.

Therefore I propose that soulbeast bird swoop cooldown be doubled and the distance halved (nerfed just like sneak gyro was so that you can't run away when losing) the second skin nerf from 33% to 20% come to WvW as well and that some of the damage modifiers/weapon boost coefficients be nerfed since it's not fair that engineer has lost over the years 10% power based on toughness, 10% damage with tool kit, 5% damage with barrier, 10% damage with hammer, 10% damage with stability and lost F5 skill.

Hoolermith has also received similar nerfs and now loses ALL F skills if he overheats.

I'm being generous with these soulbeast nerfs considering how trashcanned engineer has become.

TL;DR Realistically soulbeast should die if his pet dies and should receive any debuffs when merging etc.

This guy is delusional. Holo Is one of the only S tier builds remaining.

Against rangers:Holo has an extra long stealth due to throw elixir S.Elixir S is a full invuln.With unblockable nerfs on ranger photon wall is essentially a 3s invuln in which the Holo can still dps but can't be condi'd, cc'd, or dps'd. While ranger can only stop physical dmg. And has a longer CD on its invuln.And holosmith has automatic reveal.A good holosmith never overheats.

You have little to no hope a ranger holding a node vs a good holo. It will go neut. You cant really stealth, and you can't get through the block.

This dude is salty cause he has a harder time chasing soulbeasts on a class that shouldn't have good chase but still kinda does.

I see lately many meme posts posted by "soulbeast mains" here .

Irenio already addressed this in the last balance patch, the soulbeast mechanic is working as intended. And holo will need more nerfs, you'll see after next season or probably the mAT.

Just give up with this silly threads.

Even as someone who still play condi scrapper after the gutting, I believe its too early to tell the true effect because the "best bruiser build" simply isnt the best bruiser build anymore.

Going by "similar skill" is also hard to define because you need a known scenario (repeatable) between two players prepatch and the same scenario between the same players post patch.

Man, you need to stop with this nonsense. And nonsense is exactly what it is.I just read a post where you are suggesting a -300 vitality to guards. And now this. What other class forum are you going to post in?It's been 3 days. You haven't even replied back on either threads.

What Anet did with the last patch to holos, engies and scrappers is really unexcusable.

But that doesn't mean that every other class should get nerfed.This isn't a Holo Vs Soulbeast Game, a 1v1 PvP match or a dueling game.

@Eurantien.4632 said:A good holosmith never overheats.

The level of punishment to a holo when they overheat is disproportionate.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:Man, you need to stop with this nonsense. And nonsense is exactly what it is.I just read a post where you are suggesting a -300 vitality to guards. And now this. What other class forum are you going to post in?It's been 3 days. You haven't even replied back on either threads.

What Anet did with the last patch to holos, engies and scrappers is really unexcusable.

But that doesn't mean that every other class should get nerfed.This isn't a Holo Vs Soulbeast Game, a 1v1 PvP match or a dueling game.

Just like how a rangers pet dying is a punishment that's disproportionate? Good thing we have soulbeast just to get around losing our entire profession mechanic... Good holos can use photon forge and not overheat. Good rangers and Druids still have their pets die with god tier pet management. Not to mention that most pets can't do anything from a safe range anyway, so it's more of like, be good and still have to choose between pet dying or doing nothing.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:Man, you need to stop with this nonsense. And nonsense is exactly what it is.I just read a post where you are suggesting a -300 vitality to guards. And now this. What other class forum are you going to post in?It's been 3 days. You haven't even replied back on either threads.

Just like how a rangers pet dying is a punishment that's disproportionate? Good thing we have soulbeast just to get around losing our entire profession mechanic... Good holos can use photon forge and not overheat. Good rangers and Druids still have their pets die with god tier pet management. Not to mention that most pets can't do anything from a safe range anyway, so it's more of like, be good and still have to choose between pet dying or doing nothing.

While this might be a ranger forum, let's not compare Core Rangers to Holos.

If a player of (Random Skill level) overheats at half health, he's dead. That's stupid.

I have advocated for years that rocket boots not have ammo count but no engineers ever agree because they are biased. Not like myself. I made a thread suggesting to remove the ammo count and make the rocket kick a 450 leap instead of 300. Warriors and thieves also don't agree to mobility nerfs. Only elementalists got shafted on mobility on ride the lightning when actual balance devs existed.

No one should be able to run around like a chicken with no repercussion - no one. If you enter combat, it should be difficult to get out.

@Ruufio.1496 said:I have advocated for years that rocket boots not have ammo count but no engineers ever agree because they are biased. Not like myself. I made a thread suggesting to remove the ammo count and make the rocket kick a 450 leap instead of 300. Warriors and thieves also don't agree to mobility nerfs. Only elementalists got shafted on mobility on ride the lightning when actual balance devs existed.

No one should be able to run around like a chicken with no repercussion - no one. If you enter combat, it should be difficult to get out.

Wow, u rlly dont know what ur talking abt.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@"Mayberry.2169" said:This is such a terrible idea to nerf a profession that you personally have a hard time dealing with. I genuinely think this is just a troll post. Ask any plat player or legend, holo is preferred as a team mate 9/10.

Welcome to Mesmer Life!

I don't understand what do you mean by "Mesmer Life!" Are you complaining about something? Don't dare to say that Mesmer's life is hard ...

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@"Mayberry.2169" said:This is such a terrible idea to nerf a profession that you personally have a hard time dealing with. I genuinely think this is just a troll post. Ask any plat player or legend, holo is preferred as a team mate 9/10.

Welcome to Mesmer Life!

I don't understand what do you mean by "Mesmer Life!" Are you complaining about something? Don't dare to say that Mesmer's life is hard ...

Mesmer life is hard. Poor mesmer.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Welcome to Mesmer Life!

I played 2 big mmo, World of Warcraft for 8 and a half years and GW2 since beta. I know 2 classes who weren't properly nerfed since the beginning till the end ... the mage in WoW and the mesmer in GW2. Why? I think because these 2 classes were favourites of some of the developers.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

Welcome to Mesmer Life!

I played 2 big mmo, World of Warcraft for 8 and a half years and GW2 since beta. I know 2 classes who weren't properly nerfed since the beginning till the end ... the mage in WoW and the mesmer in GW2. Why? I think because these 2 classes were favourites of some of the developers.

I thought u were gonna yell at me. Ur so nice!

@Ruufio.1496 said:... but no engineers ever agree because they are biased. Not like myself ...

Huh. Okay. Well now that we've clearly cleared that up so its clear I'll just check out your sugge--

@Ruufio.1496 said:... soulbeast bird swoop cooldown be doubled and the distance halved ...Egad! Should we also half the range and double the cooldown of shadowstep, blink, warrior greatsword leaps & engi superspeed? Bird swoop mobility is there for a reason and its neither an instantaneous cast, a teleport, nor does it come with evasion uptime.

While I don't necessarily agree with the overheat change, both engineer elite specs were a little on the too-tanky/sustainy side for the damage they output. A vitality nerf was kind of a weird way to address scrapper, but with all of the barrier generation they have it'll only hurt them against spike damage.

~ Kovu

@"Kovu.7560" said:While I don't necessarily agree with the overheat change, both engineer elite specs were a little on the too-tanky/sustainy side for the damage they output. A vitality nerf was kind of a weird way to address scrapper, but with all of the barrier generation they have it'll only hurt them against spike damage.~ Kovu

This is BS. First because the barrier generation is underwhelming at best and nonexistant at worst, and second because Holosmith is still overpowered. I'm surprised Scrapper has had 3 reworks, they don't mind butchering that spec and putting it back together before butchering it again, probably conscious that they suck in PvE anyways but it contradicts with the fact that Holo took such a huge PvE nerf for such a delicate PvP tweak that is irrelevant anyways because nobody ever overheats in that game mode.

I'd have loved to read in-depth explanations on all these changes. I want to understand beyond the usual knee-jerk conclusion of "Anet doesn't care". It's true both specs were too strong, but the results following that fact, they don't make much sense.

@MrForz.1953 said:

@"Kovu.7560" said:While I don't necessarily agree with the overheat change, both engineer elite specs were a little on the too-tanky/sustainy side for the damage they output. A vitality nerf was kind of a weird way to address scrapper, but with all of the barrier generation they have it'll only hurt them against spike damage.~ Kovu

This is BS. First because the barrier generation is underwhelming at best and nonexistant at worst, and second because Holosmith is still overpowered. I'm surprised Scrapper has had 3 reworks, they don't mind butchering that spec and putting it back together before butchering it again, probably conscious that they suck in PvE anyways but it contradicts with the fact that Holo took such a huge PvE nerf for such a delicate PvP tweak that is irrelevant anyways because nobody ever overheats in that game mode.

I'd have loved to read in-depth explanations on all these changes. I want to understand beyond the usual knee-jerk conclusion of "Anet doesn't care". It's true both specs were too strong, but the results following that fact, they don't make much sense.

Ok, sorry, I forgot this is a profession subforum and not one of the competitive subforums -- I do not know how scrapper and holo perform in pve.

~ Kovu