How many of you WvW mains are from 6 years ago?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not wishing to pop your bubble, but this doesn't even accurately measure who participates here...if you account for variables that could skew your results.

Interestingly...this poll might measure the number of Long-Term WvW crowd of players...that return here...in the desperate hopes that WvW can be changed into something that really encourages Match-Ups that are Mentally Healthy for the players & Competitive in nature. However, it's up to ANet to make this change.

But, don't let me stop you from enjoying the novelty of this poll. =)

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Bought the game only for wvw and rode the long disastrous ride to where it is today. I've watched two expansions turn combat into garbage, put up with broken mechanics, played through one server sided tournaments, seen the mode ignored time and time again even up to the last event when exploits were kept for the entire week without a word.

Don't play as much as I use to or I would like to anymore, but still love it more than any other mode in any other game. And no, sorry Mike, I don't love pve in this game.

I miss the old day when EoTM is still a thing and training ground, zergling there sometimes can be pretty fun. Only if Anet consider fixing EoTM, gives it some sort of unique reward i think it would become an old style WvW without mounts, glider(?).

Didn't vote because I no longer really play.

I'm here and have been since forever, but only when I have nothing better to do.

I'd wager a majority of people in the WvW community, especially in the forums, are long-time veterans who mostly play out of nostalgia and habit more than anything else. Ever since the server merges and HoT powercreep/horrible profession balance/guild buff stuff, the general population has massively declined and in general, the gameplay gotten worse and less fun.

Very little incentive for new players to even bother. At best, it's all just temporary grinding for some kind of other tangentially-related thing, and they bail as soon as they can.

Same like other's... I'm no longer really active. I would love to be, but I feel like I'm given plenty reason not to. I mostly hang around to see how one of my once most favorite gaming experience's is doing from time to time. I plan to play again when alliances hit and maybe build template's as well at least. Never cared about having a fat cat mount or any mount really. Just wanted actual core issue's with WvW to be addressed here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73195/what-are-your-top-5-problems-with-wvw. Hopefully all that will happen well before I'm lvl 80 IRL... If I'm lucky.

Apart from that I gotta agree with @Diku.2546 & @DeceiverX.8361 here.

@Whiteout.1975 said:You know, as a mesmer main. I wonder what it would be like returning the ability to confusion on glamours at this day and age. With everything also being more heal'y ?It's just been such a long time now lol.

It would probably be better than any other mesmer wvw build atm, but still be sucky, cus of a lot of cleanse and it being only 1 condition, it's not necro with 10.