Predictions for LW preview on Aug 30

@SidewayS.3789 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:I hope Cantha with Tengu Race and new elite specs, but I fear it will be same old boring old world kitten like Northern Shiverpeaks with Jormag and maybe some Charr Homeland kitten. Also fluff content like player housing which I despise and maybe a new race, though they denied that from time to time.

One of the preview pics showed snow, so that's why.

Me and a lot of players, are tired of human centric stories. I want Norn and Charr to have their spotlight. If the ls5/expansion will be another human centric story, i wont buy it. We want something new , rather than human and again human centric stories.

Well it certainly seems like we are heading into the far shiverpeaks, regardless of whether Jormag makes an appearance.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All things considered, the announcement will probably be (in order):

• 5 minute hyping the crowd
  • 5 minute trailer
  • 5 minute more hyping the crowd
  • 5-10 minutes discussing Season 5 and how it'd be "different" and "better"
  • 15-20 minutes repeating in lengthier terms (aka the details of how things will function for what's been finished) what was said in the "What's Next" post (build templates, 500 jeweler/chef, etc.)
  • Finally, 5 minutes about what comes after S5 (either expansion or S6)

Regarding predictions on Season 5: Given the snowy image for the announcement, and two sets of dialogue about Jormag during Dragon Bash, I'd imagine that most of Season 5 will be about the Sons of Svanir trying to bring Jormag back from hibernation as we slowly march north, and will end with Jormag (and Primordus?) awakening and heading towards Woodland Cascades / Janthir / further north that will be expansion 4.

What I want Season 5 to be would be a non-ED plot that focuses on tying up loose ends while being overall connected, primarily being a split between an ED replacement search plot (we need three to five more after all; revisiting Malyck, Orr, Pale Tree, Exalted, and post-ED-death Risen, Mordrem, and Branded), and Ascalonian loose threads plot (Magdaer, Foefire curse, human-charr peace, Renegades and Separatists, Flame Legion, Molten Alliance, and Bangar Ruinbringer's wildcard nature) and ending with the DSD approaching Tyria for expansion 4.

@"Randulf.7614" said:They’ve previously said S5 won’t be directly about the elder dragons so if it is jormag I expect that to be background or late in the arcThey suggested that it won't be world ending threat level. That's fairly different than "not directly about the Elder Dragons".

I do think it will involve Jormag somehow, but not directly...I guess? I think it's going to involve the Sons of Svanir and potentially (finally) address that abandoned plot point from Season 3 where Braham cracked the tooth. The season may end with Jormag waking up or something, but I believe they said this season wouldn't be about some world shaking catastrophe or anything iirc.

I'd really like for it to be more about the Charr but it does seem like we're headed to the Shiverpeaks ;u ;

If it's not about a dragon, I would be happy. The suggestion about the Inquest, Flame Legion, etc. would be something I would support so that the story seems less human-centered.

Aside from that, why did they do this at the end of summer? Some people going back to school. Wouldn't it have been better before summer ended? I'm not even in college anymore, but I'm thinking about their perspective. Summer break and winter break are the best for big things.

Did the other seasons get a special event like this one? What could it mean?

@XYLO.7031 said:If it's not about a dragon, I would be happy. The suggestion about the Inquest, Flame Legion, etc. would be something I would support so that the story seems less human-centered.

Aside from that, why did they do this at the end of summer? Some people going back to school. Wouldn't it have been better before summer ended? I'm not even in college anymore, but I'm thinking about their perspective. Summer break and winter break are the best for big things.

Did the other seasons get a special event like this one? What could it mean?

Its going to be far shiver peaks, from the look of it, and that pleases me. I have had enough hot zones, jungles and deserts, take me to the cold and snowy mountains.

@Tiviana.2650 said:

Its going to be far shiver peaks, from the look of it, and that pleases me. I have had enough hot zones, jungles and deserts, take me to the cold and snowy mountains.

Thanks for the response. My beetle is ready to fly off of every ramp-like surface I can find there. The snow is a godsend after being in the desert and branded purple areas all the time.

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:

@XYLO.7031 said:If it's not about a dragon, I would be happy. The suggestion about the Inquest, Flame Legion, etc. would be something I would support so that the story seems less human-centered.It would be awesome if Taimi was an Inquest mole and not as sick as she pretended to be.

That would be a horrible, horrible twist done solely for the sake of twists and not consistency or logic. Like Phlunt suddenly being a ranked member of the Inquest.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:^You forgot the 10-15 minutes for the Q and A. ;)

I'm certain there won't be a free Q&A as there are only so many ways of saying "we're not going to talk about that right now." I don't see this straying past a closely vetted set of carefully chosen questions from the announcement thread, they want questions like "how's the music composed and recorded?" not questions like "when are alliances coming?"

@Pifil.5193 said:

I'm certain there won't be a free Q&A as there are only so many ways of saying "we're not going to talk about that right now." I don't see this straying past a closely vetted set of carefully chosen questions from the announcement thread, they want questions like "how's the music composed and recorded?" not questions like "when are alliances coming?"

There's not even a guarantee for a Q&A given there's no mention of such in the announcement either. I wouldn't really expect one.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@XYLO.7031 said:If it's not about a dragon, I would be happy. The suggestion about the Inquest, Flame Legion, etc. would be something I would support so that the story seems less human-centered.It would be awesome if Taimi was an Inquest mole and not as sick as she pretended to be.

That would be a horrible, horrible twist done solely for the sake of twists and not consistency or logic. Like Phlunt suddenly being a ranked member of the Inquest.

Taimi could be a NINJA!!!

And she would beat the ever loving snot out of Braham.

Who needs a golem now Braham!!!

Remember - hype is very unhealthy and will only lead to disappointment.

Yes, it's 45 mins long. Yes, it can be showing something cool, but it's still A MONTH away (when I write this post).

Anet only announced this so soon to give people time to book a place to sleep, to prepare, take some days off.

But that's a top tip - if you expect way too much, just don't spend your money on the journey to Seattle, do it just for fun and possibly making new friends.

Just saying to minimize all those disappointment posts "That's not what I expected...", "I feel disappointed" etc. if you don't set yourself for disappointment, you won't be disappointed.Just saying...

@Pifil.5193 said:

Agreed. You wouldn't want another Blizzard Q&A would you? Is this an April Fool's joke? Don't you all have phones?

@Linken.6345 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Path of Fire maps and Living World Season 4 maps are locked behind an expansion, as well.

True but lw season 5 will be tied to pof expansion so its fine to remodel those.

There is no indication that it will be tied to PoF. They said they wanted to release expansion-like features outside of the expansion model.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

There's not even a guarantee for a Q&A given there's no mention of such in the announcement either. I wouldn't really expect one.

I suppose I should have said the "10-15 minute Q (now) and A (then)". Regardless of what it's called, there was no time allotted in the 'schedule' for it.

@Genesis.7864 said:New legendary ring and amulet during LWS5Hopefully an underwater mount, that'd be great! Bring on the rainbow seahorses!Fishing maybe?

Personally I find it more likely we’ll get one at the end of the season that takes us back through it all, like we got with aurora and vision. And the last one could be season 6, or fractals, pvp, or wvw. If we keep getting a legendary each episode, I’d expect/hope for a general PvE Armor Set. Which would work out perfectly if the season is also 6 episodes

Surely no Inquest if going north, asura struggle with the cold like the gate operator in Hoelbrak: He's becoming blue! (Through the inquisition is everywhere...)

I'm happy to go in mountains maybe more dwarves, kodans and surely sons of svanir. About the story after that I only see woodlands, I mean it's still a huge unused area with the north of maguuma wastes.Far shiverpeaks is closer to core and will be cool to see old enemies like wolves, jellyfishes, dredges and ice elementals.