Does Powerful Aura and Tempestuous Aria stack?

Does Powerful Aura and Tempestuous Aria stack so that a total of 15 people get effected by aura's?

Powerful Aura provides 5 nearby allies within 600 range any aura you recieve, and Tempestuous Aria increases the number of targets your shouts have from 5 to 10. So what should happen is that when you use "Feel the Burn" You give 9 other players fire aura, and yourself. Powerful aura then gives the fire aura on yourself to 5 more allies for a total of 15 people effected by the aura. (This is what i believe is supposed to happen)

I'm sitting in LA just spamming this on people and i don't see it hitting 15 people but i really can't tell how many people it's effecting.

Powerful Aura works on all auras including the ones from weapons or combo finishers + shouts. Tempestuous Aria works on shouts only.

Now that being said, the game provides buffs (if not in squad) to the nearest players not to whom still not have this buff, which makes both aura traits lack the ability to cover 15 players (15 players works for shouts only). Some players will get aura effects twice, but since auras don't stack duration/intensity, you will only get 4s of aura. Also, boons-on-aura traits trigger once so you won't be able to spam boons as expected.

This makes both traits a waste, so you're better picking either regarding the situation.

@Auburner.6945 said:I haven't tried whether both traits work with Elemental Bastion so you might still have a way to pick both traits for heals, but I'm going to assume they don't just like boons-on-aura traits.

Ah! so you think a way to test this would be to see if elemental bastion triggers twice if the auras proc on the same person more than once?

And also based on what you said it had the potential to heal 15 people but often doesn’t because of how buffing works?

It's a convoluted system that doesn't make much sense, but this is what I found with some testing.

• Tempestuous Aria makes shouts affect 10 players instead of 5.
  • Powerful Aura makes auras affect an additional 5 players, which makes personal aura effects affect a total of 6 players if you include yourself.
  • Shouts combined with Powerful Aura only affect 6 players. You proc the aura once on yourself, twice on 4 allies, and once on an additional ally. This does not proc the aura traits twice though. This is the same with auras from finishers, like frost aura from blasting ice fields.
  • Powerful Aura adds nothing to shouts if you have Tempestuous Aria, since you cover 10 targets. The additional 5 auras get applied to targets that already get auras.

@Ganathar.4956 said:It's a convoluted system that doesn't make much sense, but this is what I found with some testing.

• Powerful Aura makes auras affect an additional 5 players, which makes personal aura effects affect a total of 6 players if you include yourself.
  • Shouts combined with Powerful Aura only affect 6 players. You proc the aura once on yourself, twice on 4 allies, and once on an additional ally. This does not proc the aura traits twice though. This is the same with auras from finishers, like frost aura from blasting ice fields.
  • Powerful Aura adds nothing to shouts if you have Tempestuous Aria, since you cover 10 targets. The additional 5 auras get applied to targets that already get auras.

This is really confusing. Can you explain under what conditions you tested this in?

(Btw thank you for testing)

Edit: I’m gonna try testing this today, but here’s what is supposed to happen:

You use a shout. 10 targets including yourself gain an aura. When you gain that aura, powerful aura will share your aura to 5 targets. Whether those 5 targets already had an aura becomes irrelevant and so out of 9 people, 5 of them will receive a double aura proc (which is should proc elemental bastion twice)

I’m not sure why it would bring the target number down from 10 to 6 with powerful aura.( although I swear I’ve seen this behavior during my spamming in LA)

Powerful Auras never really benefitted the shouts anyway after they removed the ability to double proc aura traits.I think they intended Powerful Auras to more exclusively be for sharing of personal auras from weapons and traits while Aria affects the shouts more exclusively.

I don't think taking both is a waste since they kinda expand on two separate sets of things.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@Ganathar.4956 said:It's a convoluted system that doesn't make much sense, but this is what I found with some testing.

This is really confusing. Can you explain under what conditions you tested this in?

You use a shout. 10 targets including yourself gain an aura. When you gain that aura, powerful aura will share your aura to 5 targets. Whether those 5 targets already had an aura becomes irrelevant and so out of 9 people, 5 of them will receive a double aura proc (which is should proc elemental bastion twice)

I’m not sure why it would bring the target number down from 10 to 6 with powerful aura.( although I swear I’ve seen this behavior during my spamming in LA)

I tested it quite a while ago back when they made the tempestuous aria change, so I don't recall the specifics. I tested it with some friends in the raid training arena to see how many targets are affected. I also made sure to look at the duration of the boons that were applied from the auras. Even though some players got double auras, the effects only procced once per aura skill since the duration of the boons was always the same and it never doubled. And no, it doesn't bring the targets down to 6 with powerful aura. That section describes me using powerful aura by itself. Powerful aura plus tempestuous aria is 10 targets on shouts.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

I tested it quite a while ago back when they made the tempestuous aria change, so I don't recall the specifics. I tested it with some friends in the raid training arena to see how many targets are affected. I also made sure to look at the duration of the boons that were applied from the auras. Even though some players got double auras, the effects only procced once per aura skill since the duration of the boons was always the same and it never doubled. And no, it doesn't bring the targets down to 6 with powerful aura. That section describes me using powerful aura by itself. Powerful aura plus tempestuous aria is 10 targets on shouts.

So the trait interaction is just broken. That’s so dumb man....why can’t we ever have nice things...