Need help with an open world build.

I'm assuming you''re level 80 and can select either Scourge or Reaper...If you prefer melee builds, go with a condi minion reaper build.Like this one: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Condi_Minion_Master

If you prefer range builds, go with a condi minion scourge buildLike this one: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Condi_Minion_Master

Personally I prefer playing Range and I really like how Scourge plays. My preference and all that...Reaper's Shroud skill plays like a regular Shroud in that it replaces your entire action bar but Scourge just adds 5 "sand shade" abilities (Place Shade, Cond Cleanse, Shield, Fear, Go Sand Shroud) and you keep your Weapon and Utility abilities. More buttons to hit, more complicated but instead of locking you into a fixed play style it adds flexibility and you can play your way (melee/range/mixed) and that is awesome.

My own open world scourge build is this.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArfWnM0At1gd1AO9Cs3glgBLaAEAiA63196gl6K8F+VA-eIts a bit weak on the single target damage but it does big AOE. It generates a lot of life force allowing me to use my sand abilities almost at will.

Sure thing. Now i on the other hand will assume you're core nec. So here's a few hints to get you started real nice:

• blood bond (blood magic adept trait) is a huge sustain tool on condi necro - basically a 2nd healing skill on 20s cd with passive activation
  • Spite can also provide nice sustain + might generation. Signets of suffering + signet of vampirism and locust heal tons of hp.
  • Curses are an obvious must, but don't be blind to power side of things! Viper crit chance sucks, but with furious demise + target the weak your shroud life blasts are no joke.
  • Soul Reaping is awesome for viper gear users. Death Perception to make life blast do hard power damage, dhuumfire if you want bit extra condi damage, foot in the grave for anti-cc. Fear of death will provide you with nice and fast life force generation from shroud 3 and staff 5, not to mention extending these fears to 2s. Soul marks for further life force generation.
  • Death Magic - great for minion builds, synergizes nicely with blood magic (minion lifesteal, can heal minions with transfusion). Also provides nice protection uptime for nearly no investment (beyond the veil). If you need to pump damage, death nova is great (and aoe weakness when you detonate a bone minion). Other then that corrupter's fervor can net you you over 500 tougness when shrouded due to all free tougness in this traitline.

Tbh there is a lot of ways to build a condi necro, more then power i believe, which makes sense given necro is the master of conditions by design. Condi necros mostly suffer from low damage rampup and low sustain. Above i given you hints for sustain issues:)

As for damage - plaguelands is absolutely great, epidemic makes mob clears a breeze. Blood is Power is nice for might but also very very long lasting bleed stacks on enemy - great for epidemic bounces. But most of all i would say, that unless you're going heavily into poison, don't underestimate your torment. Traited scepter 3 + tainted shackcles + plaguelands + epidemic, can put a lot of it and it is by far your strongest condi. Just keep them walking (be it with fear or kiting) and it'll quickly do massive damage.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Methuselah.4376 said:If you're running Reaper, you can use the raid build listed on Snow Crows for open world; makes short work of everything and takes advantage of the necro's inherent tankiness.

I'd switch out soul eater for decimate defenses. Better for solo play, since the healing is gone

The healing is still there outside of shroud and it can be helpful. I personally will take the flat damage increase over DD but that's a personal preference.

@Methuselah.4376 said:

@Methuselah.4376 said:If you're running Reaper, you can use the raid build listed on Snow Crows for open world; makes short work of everything and takes advantage of the necro's inherent tankiness.

I'd switch out soul eater for decimate defenses. Better for solo play, since the healing is gone

The healing is still there outside of shroud and it can be helpful. I personally will take the flat damage increase over DD but that's a personal preference.

The healing has no effect on conditions anyway,

metabattle.com has good open world builds. I run Power Minion Reaper, but there is a Condition build as well that is good. I didn't care for Scourge as much, too much placing Shades that seemed to disappear quickly. Either Reaper build is strong and deals well with trash mobs easily. Die, you scummy pocket raptors. DIE! Bwahaha.

@"EmmetOtter.8542" said:I'm assuming you''re level 80 and can select either Scourge or Reaper...If you prefer melee builds, go with a condi minion reaper build.Like this one: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Condi_Minion_Master

If you prefer range builds, go with a condi minion scourge buildLike this one: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Condi_Minion_Master

Personally I prefer playing Range and I really like how Scourge plays. My preference and all that...Reaper's Shroud skill plays like a regular Shroud in that it replaces your entire action bar but Scourge just adds 5 "sand shade" abilities (Place Shade, Cond Cleanse, Shield, Fear, Go Sand Shroud) and you keep your Weapon and Utility abilities. More buttons to hit, more complicated but instead of locking you into a fixed play style it adds flexibility and you can play your way (melee/range/mixed) and that is awesome.

My own open world scourge build is this.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArfWnM0At1gd1AO9Cs3glgBLaAEAiA63196gl6K8F+VA-eIts a bit weak on the single target damage but it does big AOE. It generates a lot of life force allowing me to use my sand abilities almost at will.

I think all the links are broken.