Let's hear your baseless hopes for where the story goes next!

Tamias.7059

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Raknar.4735 said:I'd really like to revisit the Realm of Torment and check how things have developed since Abaddon was defeated.

We technically did in PoF when visiting Kormir. That was the heart of Kormir's territory in the Realm of Torment, at least. Given that it was a library, that might've been the atrocity library from domain of secrets reformed.

So it seems to have gotten a had bit better.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Raknar.4735" said:I'd really like to revisit the Realm of Torment and check how things have developed since Abaddon was defeated.

We technically did in PoF when visiting Kormir. That was the heart of Kormir's territory in the Realm of Torment, at least. Given that it was a library, that might've been the atrocity library from domain of secrets reformed.

So it seems to have gotten a had bit better.

Well, you're right about that. But we also know that it is quickly overrun by demons after Kormir leaves again (And after that turned into a haven for fleeing spirits). And that is what interests me about the other parts of the realm.

• Is it still filled with demons?
  • What are the remnants of Abaddon doing?
  • Why does the Sanctum Librarian call the minions that return "former minions of Abaddon", even tough Aatxe / Imps / Shades / Fleshreavers aren't traditional Realm of Torment enemies? (Oversight, or simply using Underworld minions, because there are no other demon models?)
  • Is there a deeper connection between the Underworld and the Realm of Torment?

Even tough it seems to have gotten better while Kormir was still active, It doesn't seem that she was successfull in cleansing the realm. We also know that Balthazar used the realm to portal his forged around and hunt Kralkatorrik.

@"Raknar.4735" said:

• Why does the Sanctum Librarian call the minions that return "former minions of Abaddon", even tough Aatxe / Imps / Shades / Fleshreavers aren't traditional Realm of Torment enemies? (Oversight, or simply using Underworld minions, because there are no other demon models?)

In regards to this, devs did confirm that the dialogue was an error.

@"ThatOddOne.4387" said:"Demons" are likely not just present in the Underworld, is your answer to that.

This doesn't really answer anything, since demons were pretty rare to find in the Underworld in GW1 (Grentches and some in the Tombs of the Primeval Kings).Undead creatures / Nightmares seem to have flooded the Realm of Torment. We don't see any demons apart from Imps in the library, after all. For a realm that should be full of demons, the lack of them makes me curious.

@"Raknar.4735" said:

In regards to this, devs did confirm that the dialogue was an error.

I honestly didn't know that! Thanks for the information, that makes me even more curious, if there are any of Abaddon's minions left or if Kormir did really cleanse the realm of demons, just to make way for the nightmares and shadows.

@Raknar.4735 said:This doesn't really answer anything, since demons were pretty rare to find in the Underworld in GW1 (Grentches and some in the Tombs of the Primeval Kings).

In GW1, there were dryders, which are a type of demon. GW2 had retroactively confirmed imps and Fleshreavers to be demons which originate from the Underworld too, though they weren't present there in GW1 some imps were said to come from the Underworld (specifically Lord Glacius the Eternal).

Known types of demons:

• Dryders
  • Torment creatures/Stygians
  • Fleshreavers
  • Imps
  • Nightmare demons (e.g., Kanaxai)
  • Whatever the Eaters of Souls are
  • Whatever Deimos is (might be a nightmare demon given its lore)

Known demon-like creatures:

• Nightmares (souls twisted into shadowy figures)
  • Titans (souls twisted and merged into elemental figures)
  • Margonites (humans turned into watery demonic entities)
  • Oni (humans turned nightmarish demonic entities)

@Raknar.4735 said:Undead creatures / Nightmares seem to have flooded the Realm of Torment. We don't see any demons apart from Imps in the library, after all. For a realm that should be full of demons, the lack of them makes me curious.

Fleshreavers aren't undead. They appear similar to undead, but they're a natural species, born in an almost skeletal fashion that add rotting flesh from kills to their bodies as they grow.

@Raknar.4735 said:This doesn't really answer anything, since demons were pretty rare to find in the Underworld in GW1 (Grentches and some in the Tombs of the Primeval Kings).

In GW1, there were dryders, which are a type of demon. GW2 had retroactively confirmed imps and Fleshreavers to be demons which originate from the Underworld too, though they weren't present there in GW1 some imps were said to come from the Underworld (specifically
).

It never occured to me that dryders do count as demons, they were simply dryders to me, but they do drop demonic fangs, so you're right. The underworld does have more demons than I thought. Yet that still doesn't explain why there's a lack of Torment creatures (the demons i was originally thinking of, Kormir probably dealt with them) in the Realm of Torment and why Underworld creatures seem to have taken over.

I know that Menzies' army (mostly nightmares) were already in the Realm of Torment and Domain of Anguish, that's why i was referencing a potential link between UW, FoW and Realm of Torment.

(Shadow Behemoth also summons Imps / Fleshreavers and more to his aid through the Underworld portals, so they obviously inhabitate the Underworld)

@Raknar.4735 said:Undead creatures / Nightmares seem to have flooded the Realm of Torment. We don't see any demons apart from Imps in the library, after all. For a realm that should be full of demons, the lack of them makes me curious.

Fleshreavers aren't undead. They appear similar to undead, but they're a natural species, born in an almost skeletal fashion that add rotting flesh from kills to their bodies as they grow.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I also know about Rragar breeding them for his own benefit. I was just lazy about naming every species that was in the sanctum. (Demons: Fleshreavers, Imps / Ghosts / Nightmares)

@Raknar.4735 said:Yet that still doesn't explain why there's a lack of Torment creatures (the demons i was originally thinking of, Kormir probably dealt with them) in the Realm of Torment and why Underworld creatures seem to have taken over.Resources is the simple answer. This was one tiny aspect of an overall small game content. Rather than making 5 or so new models to mirror GW1 demons, they just use demonic models they already have. It works in lore too, since the Realm of Torment is connected directly to the Underworld (and sometimes is even considered part of the Underworld, much like the Mad Realm).

I know that Menzies' army (mostly nightmares) were already in the Realm of Torment and Domain of Anguish, that's why i was referencing a potential link between UW, FoW and Realm of Torment.The three are definitely connected. This was confirmed in GW1. The Underworld connects to the Realm of Torment via the Bone Pits, and the Fissure of Woe connects to the Underworld via Forest of the Wailing Lord. How that connection takes shape (e.g., a portal or physically), we don't know, we just know they're connected.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I also know about Rragar breeding them for his own benefit. I was just lazy about naming every species that was in the sanctum. (Demons: Fleshreavers, Imps / Ghosts / Nightmares)Was more pointing out there weren't any undead creatures there at all. Expanded on fleshreavers because they are the only such creatures to resemble undead.

@"Raknar.4735" said:Yet that still doesn't explain why there's a lack of Torment creatures (the demons i was originally thinking of, Kormir probably dealt with them) in the Realm of Torment and why Underworld creatures seem to have taken over.Resources is the simple answer. This was one tiny aspect of an overall small game content. Rather than making 5 or so new models to mirror GW1 demons, they just use demonic models they already have. It works in lore too, since the Realm of Torment is connected directly to the Underworld (and sometimes is even considered part of the Underworld, much like the Mad Realm).

Yeah, resources was my first guess too. The part about "former Minions of Abaddon" irritated me, but you already clarified that.

I know that Menzies' army (mostly nightmares) were already in the Realm of Torment and Domain of Anguish, that's why i was referencing a potential link between UW, FoW and Realm of Torment.The three are definitely connected. This was confirmed in GW1. The Underworld connects to the Realm of Torment via the Bone Pits, and the Fissure of Woe connects to the Underworld via Forest of the Wailing Lord. How that connection takes shape (e.g., a portal or physically), we don't know, we just know they're connected.

The connections are there, but something (probably Kormir clearing the demons) must have happened for the Underworld species to have expanded into the Realm of Torment.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I also know about Rragar breeding them for his own benefit. I was just lazy about naming every species that was in the sanctum. (Demons: Fleshreavers, Imps / Ghosts / Nightmares)Was more pointing out there weren't any undead creatures there at all. Expanded on fleshreavers because they are the only such creatures to resemble undead.

My bad. I did count ghosts as undead, but after reading into it, in GW lore only (dead) corporeal species seem to count as undead. Ghosts are simply ghosts/ restless spirits. (Though in GW1 the affiliation of some ghosts is undead)

@"cptaylor.2670" said:While it's likely that's snow, especially the new snowy skyboxes in the game, the announcement "snowy" pic also looks like someone standing in a cave of a cliffside with a storm and waves crashing against the cliffs spraying water.

Is there really any shoreline with snowy mountains very close by?

Aurene turns into sexy hot blue dragon, and then we have a son with her. Then an evil dragon takes our son away. And then we have to get help from our evil grandfather dragons by signing a devil contract. Then we get our sons back. the end..and then Gw2 is ded.

Okay here we go, time to get even more nonsensical than I was before...

So we've got snow in the S5 email teaser. That snow turns out to be the result of a worldwide nuclear winter. Those commandos that showed up in Jahai? They made it back to wherever they came from and reported all the Elder Dragon reality-eating nonsense we had going on to their superiors. It is decided that reality-eating eldritch abominations are generally bad news dor the multiverse at large, and that something should be done about it before it becomes an even bigher problem. So suddenly Tyria finds itself on the recieving end of an interdimensional nuclear armageddon. Cogratulations! We wrecked the planet hard.

Season 5 goes on to deal with Tyria's struggle to survive suddenlt becoming a nuclear hellscape. Various plans are made on what to do with the world after it got blown up, one of which is getting everyone together and leaving Tyria for a new world. So we go to space, and all our spacefaring shenanigans end up being the base for a new expansion. See my previous post here for details about space nonsense.

And every class gets a new Commando-based e-spec, because they sent scouting parties back after the nukes to see how effective the attack was at dealing with the Elder Dragon problem and sone of these parties were inevitably captured and interrogated and had their equipment reverse-engineered by the angry survicors of the nuclear apocalypse. Then we go to war. Interdimensional war.

So yeah. Get nuked, go to space, wage interdimensional war for fun and profit and probably revenge too. Sign me up!

@TanksK.4795 said:Aurene turns into sexy hot blue dragon, and then we have a son with her. Then an evil dragon takes our son away. And then we have to get help from our evil grandfather dragons by signing a devil contract. Then we get our sons back. the end..and then Gw2 is ded.

I feel like that was a reference to something but you should know that to people who don’t get it that sounds supremely twisted

@Fenom.9457 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:While it's likely that's snow, especially the new snowy skyboxes in the game, the announcement "snowy" pic also looks like someone standing in a cave of a cliffside with a storm and waves crashing against the cliffs spraying water.

Frostgorge Sound?

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

Frostgorge Sound?

True, but that’s a map we already have. I know they said some episodes they might expand on existing ones instead of adding a new one, but I kinda figure it was a safe bet for the first episode to have a new map?

@Fenom.9457 said:

Frostgorge Sound?

True, but that’s a map we already have. I know they said some episodes they might expand on existing ones instead of adding a new one, but I kinda figure it was a safe bet for the first episode to have a new map?

Everything north of Bitterfrost should still be fair game too. That map made a headache, but the inland sea in the middle of the Far Shiverpeaks shouldn't be going anywhere.