cool ideas for WvW

law.9410

Hey all, here are my ideas, thanks for reading:

1. reduce invul time of camp supervisors to 1 minute and tower lords to 2 minutes, lets make the maps more chaotic.
  2. New buildable: siege ladder. These are crude, Skritt designed ladders that can only support one person before breaking, furthermore, they can only be build by one person at a time. NPC's will also send off some kind of mini map alert when they see the construction of one. These apparatuses allow one person to scale certain kinds of fortifications.
  3. Junior Mounts: these take up the mount slot, although they can't actually be mounted. Instead, using one grants the ability to use a couple skills. The junior mount doesn't fight and flee's temporarily during combat (becomes invisible).-Baby warclaw: can be ordered to stand watch over a certain area, (within a maximum range from yourself) when a foe comes within range, the warclaw will alert it's owner and flee.-Baby skyscale: can be ordered to scout a certain area on the minimap, when it returns, it will notify you the number of foes it saw in that area (nps and pcs).-Baby raptor: can be ordered to retrieve supply for you! select a (friendly) camp and the raptor will attempt to retrieve supply for you.
  4. please nerf (or get rid of) food and all that jazz. I look at it as a tax for playing wvw despite wvw not being monetarily rewarding in the first place lol!
  5. Instead of OS, how about a map where server alliances are temporarily forgotten. When you or your party joins this map, you are assigned to a team based on team sizes, the algorithm would try to keep teams around the same size.

1. New buildable: siege ladder. These are crude, Skritt designed ladders that can only support one person before breaking, furthermore, they can only be build by one person at a time. NPC's will also send off some kind of mini map alert when they see the construction of one. These apparatuses allow one person to scale certain kinds of fortifications.

This would basically render walls useless, since you'd only need to get in one thief or mesmer.

reading OP's 'cool' ideas, i feel OP have not spent enough time in WvW

1. reduce invul time of camp supervisors to 1 minute and tower lords to 2 minutes, lets make the maps more chaotic.

I'm unsure how that will promote more chaos? all this is doing is pushing more people to run solo or small group flips rather than large zerg fights, which is what wvw should be about

1. New buildable: siege ladder. These are crude, Skritt designed ladders that can only support one person before breaking, furthermore, they can only be build by one person at a time. NPC's will also send off some kind of mini map alert when they see the construction of one. These apparatuses allow one person to scale certain kinds of fortifications.

terrible idea, it basically renders every other siege weapons useless, because the ladder would have gone up in secs within a zerg squad, and once you get a porter up there the entire zerg squad is inside, no point taking the war down

what's the point of defence if people can just bypass it within seconds?

1. Junior Mounts: these take up the mount slot, although they can't actually be mounted. Instead, using one grants the ability to use a couple skills. The junior mount doesn't fight and flee's temporarily during combat (becomes invisible).-Baby warclaw: can be ordered to stand watch over a certain area, (within a maximum range from yourself) when a foe comes within range, the warclaw will alert it's owner and flee.-Baby skyscale: can be ordered to scout a certain area on the minimap, when it returns, it will notify you the number of foes it saw in that area (nps and pcs).-Baby raptor: can be ordered to retrieve supply for you! select a (friendly) camp and the raptor will attempt to retrieve supply for you.

basically promoting child labour :lol:

kids should be kids, living carefree within the safety cradle of their parents, not on battlefields

1. please nerf (or get rid of) food and all that jazz. I look at it as a tax for playing wvw despite wvw not being monetarily rewarding in the first place lol!

that's the whole point, it helps to drain the extra resources and gold out of the economy to ensure that inflation/deflation is in control

i got so much food randomly and festivals that i have no place to spend them without wastage

1. Instead of OS, how about a map where server alliances are temporarily forgotten. When you or your party joins this map, you are assigned to a team based on team sizes, the algorithm would try to keep teams around the same size.

look at dev's post about WvW Alliances

@"Len.1879" said:

This would basically render walls useless, since you'd only need to get in one thief or mesmer.

I would get in with just a rangur and kill lord. Would render teef and mesmo useless with their overrated portals..

Jokes aside it's a bad idea but then, its Anet that might goingto do go for it to keep their reputation up high with stupid decisions.