Thanks Cookie

chad.8701

Welcome to the GW2 forums... Where you can't say a heartfelt goodbye to anyone without getting shit on for it. Which ultimately just gives people already thinking about leaving... More justification for when actually leaving. Truly amazing community we have these days ?

Anyways... I never actually knew Cookie. However, back in my BG day's. They made zerging around actually fun IMO. The few times I did bother to run with them. And I say that as being a heavy Roamer. I'm no longer on BG, since a long time now, but I can still say thanks... So thanks for the good times Cookie ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this means that BG will likely take a step back and allow room for some balancing of power and maybe allow some commanders who were feeling a little bullied to peak their heads out again. It's (BGs) existence and dominance has been counterproductive to the WvW population for quite some time now as I don't think any server wanted to be in T1 with them. At this point all BG was doing was k-training around WvW maps, and sizing up with zergs half their size. I'm surprised Cookie even put up with it for that long honestly. I for one hope this brings a little balance to T1 and maybe trickle down a little more competitive aspirations to some servers that may want to actually strive for and hold on to T1.

If you think that WvW will die because of Cookie, then I think you are probably on BG. Otherwise I think people would welcome this change.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Grim West.3194 said:Over Stacked server that helped kill WvW is losing one of the stackers. Irony.

You’re right. Less players is good for the mode.

You're right, all on one server's better

Yes ! That's the answer!

Everyone roll fb/scourge and we all stack on one server !

No more balance complaints !

Ooh shooo yeah and one Gear stats and foodmetabuilds rules anyway

Word from a friend on FC is that he ragequit after his map queue got rolled by half his number a few times. No idea if that is true but not important either way.Another commander will rise to take his place. He may even be back in time. Again not important either way.All that matters is have fun as long as it is fun and step back when it is not. I took a break from commanding when it got to be too much. I ran reset nights for HoD on EBG for six months ending almost a year ago and commanding wears on a person moreso when you can barely keep even with the full pop servers.Just wish him the best and wait for him to return. We all do eventually.--Priest of Wolverine

Same reasons as the others;

The game promotes Toxicity

Then the game is doing a bad job at doing so. Compared to experiences from certain shooters or MOBAs, even compared to what I see in MMOs, this game does not promote toxicity. We have for the most part quite a good community.

@"nthmetal.9652" said:

The game promotes
Toxicity

Then the game is doing a bad job at doing so. Compared to experiences from certain shooters or MOBAs, even compared to what I see in MMOs, this game does
not
promote toxicity. We have for the most part quite a good community.

Having a quite good community doesn't mean anything if the 'enemy is within'

Let me ask you a question? For the past 7 years since the game release, what progress has Anet has made to direct the game in a healthy positive competitive way?

(clue); History is your teacher

{2nd clue); Healthy positive competitiveness attracts

(3rd clue) Toxicity repels and destroys any aspect of fun thus pushing players away

(Last clue) 'Analysis: The Consequences of Reducing the Skill Gap'

Last questions; for the past 7 years; with each 'balance changes' has it encouraged and attracted us to stay?

As i already said;

Healthy positive changes attracts and encourage funToxic changes deters and push fun away

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Crazy.6029" said:Incredible commander, sad to see him go. Why did he quit?

The game promotes
Toxicity

A person doesn't get to be a well-known and long-time "top" commander by being that sensitive to "toxicity". Commanders have rather thick skins. This response gotta be some sort of joke.

Edit: Given your last response, "toxic changes" are not the same thing as "toxicity". Please don't confuse people.

@zerosouls.4750 said:I think this means that BG will likely take a step back and allow room for some balancing of power and maybe allow some commanders who were feeling a little bullied to peak their heads out again. It's (BGs) existence and dominance has been counterproductive to the WvW population for quite some time now as I don't think any server wanted to be in T1 with them. At this point all BG was doing was k-training around WvW maps, and sizing up with zergs half their size. I'm surprised Cookie even put up with it for that long honestly. I for one hope this brings a little balance to T1 and maybe trickle down a little more competitive aspirations to some servers that may want to actually strive for and hold on to T1.

If you think that WvW will die because of Cookie, then I think you are probably on BG. Otherwise I think people would welcome this change.

I'm curious which commanders you truly believe were feeling bullied because Cookie existed?

@edthunderstorm.1305 said:Word from a friend on FC is that he ragequit after his map queue got rolled by half his number a few times. No idea if that is true but not important either way.Another commander will rise to take his place. He may even be back in time. Again not important either way.All that matters is have fun as long as it is fun and step back when it is not. I took a break from commanding when it got to be too much. I ran reset nights for HoD on EBG for six months ending almost a year ago and commanding wears on a person moreso when you can barely keep even with the full pop servers.Just wish him the best and wait for him to return. We all do eventually.--Priest of Wolverine

It was the opposite; his group was getting rolled by numbers twice his size. However if I'm not mistaken, the map was qued or nearly qued, and there were a bunch of people either AFK'ing or running around being of no help. That same group that beat him, logged after they kept dying to treb and catapult shots; even got a couple of salty whispers in there about it.

Always good to take a break from the game though; especially if one isn't finding it fun anymore. I often question just how many commanders actually find it fun given the way some of them talk to their groups

@"nthmetal.9652" said:

The game promotes
Toxicity

Then the game is doing a bad job at doing so. Compared to experiences from certain shooters or MOBAs, even compared to what I see in MMOs, this game does
not
promote toxicity. We have for the most part quite a good community.

Probably because this game no longer requires any real effort and people get carried no matter how terrible they are with no imperative to actually get better thus there's no "git good scrub" mentality anymore

GW2 was no better than any other game back when people gave a fuck about pvp/wvw and pve wasn't just one big overworld meta zerg fest