Starborn Outfit

@sorudo.9054 said:it seems like they love the RNG so much that they even add outfits and armor parts in it lately, more money for them i guess.....

This isn't a new thing. The black lion chests have had 1-2 account bound items which are not available anywhere else for years now (since about 2016 I think). This isn't even the first time it's been an outfit.

I don't like it either, I don't buy cash shop RNG items in any game and it's frustrating when there isn't another way to get those items. But I'm confused by the number of comments I've seen today acting like this outfit being exclusive to the chests is something new and unexpected, or somehow indicative of a change in direction for Anet. At this point it's standard practice.

salesman: We have new outfit that gives you the look of an infusion, but is dye-able!me: Yes!!!! Take all my money!salesman:me: What?salesman: oh, it's nothing.me: No . . . what's that catch?salesman: While displaying said outfit, you will be forced to wear METAL DIAPER.me: "Nooooooooo! That's not true! That's impossible!"

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Okay, well despite saying I wasn't going to, I bought some keys to give it a shot. Needless to say, 40+ keys and I got a bunch of junk soaring weapon skins, used statuettes to get a golden key and got the mount. So, great, I got the mount. But still no outfit.

Whelp I saw the drop table and thought to myself same category means relatively same level of drop rate. 97 keys later no outfit.At least i used keys I stocked up on.

Seems that the drop rate is really low compared to that of the uncommon, heck I even got 3-4 rare drops.

Edit:And after I traded in extra statues for gold keys I finally got the outfit.

@VoxShatterfall.5470 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Okay, well despite saying I wasn't going to, I bought some keys to give it a shot. Needless to say, 40+ keys and I got a bunch of junk soaring weapon skins, used statuettes to get a golden key and got the mount. So, great, I got the mount. But still no outfit.

Whelp I saw the drop table and thought to myself same category means relatively same level of drop rate. 97 keys later no outfit.At least i used keys I stocked up on.

Seems that the drop rate is really low compared to that of the uncommon, heck I even got 3-4 rare drops.

Edit:And after I traded in extra statues for gold keys I finally got the outfit.

That's insane. If you spend that much money on keys, you should be able to pick out whatever item you want that isn't some insanely rare harvesting node. Or mount skin. But honestly, the outfit shouldn't be a random drop to begin with. There's no reason it shouldn't be like the mount where you have the option of buying it straight up, or getting it as a freebie for buying keys.

Make the black lion chests have something other than garbage in them, and maybe people will buy keys so you don't have to force this bullshit onto people. But no, swindling for that extra $$ is the way this company works now apparently.

@"Paclee.6189" said:salesman: While displaying said outfit, you will be forced to wear METAL DIAPER.me: "Nooooooooo! That's not true! That's impossible!"

"METAL DIAPER" had me rolling. Lol. Sounds like a geriatric rock band. Hahaha.

Everyone, let's give a big round of applause for........ METAL DIAPER!!!!!! :applause:

On a more serious note, I'm with the more practical bunch who are opting out of key gambling. You DON'T just BUY this thing. It's a clear sign that things ARE going in a bad direction when this is targetting whales.

For those who have spent cash on 25+ keys without getting what they want, I salute you. You da REAL VIPs funding our collective gw2 experience.

RIP cash

@"Shade.8971" said:EgTNKXS.jpg?1Used 11 keys for mount and I got this. You can do some ridiculous dye combos with this XD.

May I ask what dyes you used? I'm trying to get a nicely tanned looking skin colour just like that for one of my characters - the best I can come up with is 'pumpkin'.

I personally think this outfit is awesome. Anet did a great job on it, and I'm glad that the male version is skimpy. Skimpy equality!!! :-)

@Ultramex.1506 said:

@Ultramex.1506 said:I'm guessing this is Anet answer for Bikini outfit, looks......meh on non-female Human especially Asura.

They should just do flat out bikinis like Korean MMOs. They make BANK! And mankinis for those interested ;)

A bit worry about female charr bikini though, are they gonna put in more effort in it?

I'm all in if it's equitable. Furkini, Nornkini, Treekini, Surakini...

But a Borat Mankini on a Huge NORN omg lool endless laughter

@Hashberry.4510 said:Where do we stuff the dollar bills?

You stick your hand into the void and release. It's symbolic of what you have to go through to get it. Throwing your money away (or time if you key farm for it).

To the conservative folks out there, you can only see space and a metal diaper. What's revealing about that? Lol