(Spoilers) ANet Reveals Contents of 7th Birthday Gifts

@"Westenev.5289" said:Y1: Loyal title, mini jennah. (very jennah-rous)Y2: Veteran title, birthday blaster.Y3: Faithful title, birthday finisher, Selectable dye kit.Y4: Salwalt title, selectable dye kit, 5000 karma, 1 city backpack.Y5: Relentless title, selectable dye kit, 5000 karma, 1 city backpack, 2 luminous weapons, 1 2 week lounge pass, 1 Guarenteed Wardrobe unlock.Y6: Devoted title, selectable dye kit, 5000 karma, 1 city backpack, 2 luminous weapons, 1 set of luminous armour, 1 Guarenteed wardrobe unlock.Y7: ???

So, If we look at the pattern, your guesses might not be that far off base.

Y7: SteadfastY8: DedicatedY9: CommittedY10: Unwavering

Sorry for the spoiler alert, but it's been available here for a while: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Title. Also, GW2 end-of-life at year 10 confirmed. :p

@Dayra.7405 said:

@Zephyra.4709 said:Imagine if it was just 7 mini queen jennah's.

Only if we can stick 4 mini Queen Jennahs into the mystic forge to combine them into one super-bot.

more likely into a super-hot jennah

To make a Superhot joke, or one involving people being on fire?

Decisions, decisions...

Edited for spelling.

TBH the bday gifts are kinda nice already. The weapon skins look good, the armors look good(ish) and the dyes are always nice (getting shadow abyss and permafrost for free... hard to complain about that!). Not to mention the guaranteed wardrobe unlock.

More would obviously be better, and each year they added something more to the gift, so who knows, maybe this year they put something new there - we will soon find out.

So yeah, at least in this ANet has done a fine job of rewarding old-time players.

And the exp scroll is more of a running joke right now I think, nobody needs it but it's been always there so why not (I myself have i think about 15 stacks of tomes, so...).

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Character wise it'll no doubt be:

• Level 70 Experience Scroll
  • A selectable dye pack of some of the newest dye sets
  • 5 Teleports to Friend
  • 5 Celebration Boosters
  • 5,000 Karma

Account bound it'll be:

• New title
  • 4th City Backpack
  • 5th and 6th Luminous Weapons
  • 2nd Luminous Armor
  • 1 Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock
  • Something new

That something new is most likely to be one of the following given the previous unlocks (in order of likelihood):

• Outfit
  • Choice of novelties (one option per category)
  • Gathering tool skins (one of three options)
  • Cosmetic aura effect (as infusion?)
  • Glider
  • Mount skins (one option per mount)
  • No something new after all (and something new won't show up until Year 9, when both backpieces and armor are completed)

On a side note, ArenaNet has been doing a lot of "maintenance mode preparations" for up to 20 years with the festivals. Perhaps instead of making something new this year, they'll instead prep for new items from Year 9 to Year 20?

An infusion of choice sounds nice for a 7 year birthday gift, but I think it should be account bound otherwise it would crash the market(I don't mind as the prices are ridiculous).

@Synx.3750 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Character wise it'll no doubt be:
  • Level 70 Experience Scroll
  • A selectable dye pack of some of the newest dye sets
  • 5 Teleports to Friend
  • 5 Celebration Boosters
  • 5,000 Karma

Account bound it'll be:
  • New title
  • 4th City Backpack
  • 5th and 6th Luminous Weapons
  • 2nd Luminous Armor
  • 1 Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock
  • Something new

That something new is most likely to be one of the following given the previous unlocks (in order of likelihood):
  • Outfit
  • Choice of novelties (one option per category)
  • Gathering tool skins (one of three options)
  • Cosmetic aura effect (as infusion?)
  • Glider
  • Mount skins (one option per mount)
  • No something new after all (and something new won't show up until Year 9, when both backpieces and armor are completed)

On a side note, ArenaNet has been doing a lot of "maintenance mode preparations" for up to 20 years with the festivals. Perhaps instead of making something new this year, they'll instead prep for new items from Year 9 to Year 20?

An infusion of choice sounds nice for a 7 year birthday gift, but I think it should be account bound otherwise it would crash the market(I don't mind as the prices are ridiculous).

I was thinking a unique design infusion matching the finisher and/or mail carrier from previous years. One per account. Maybe it'd be an enrichment even.

But that's not very likely unless they add an aura wardrobe imo.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/seventh-anniversary-gifts-are-coming-soon/

Tagged spoilers because some people want the surprise of opening the gift.

Of note, they write that we get the gifts starting August 25, and I wonder if that means they have manually adjusted it or if they have forgotten that Leap Years shift the days so it's usually a day sooner now.

@Donari.5237 said:they write that we get the gifts starting August 25, and I wonder if that means they have manually adjusted it or if they have forgotten that Leap Years shift the days so it's usually a day sooner now.They've never remembered that in all the years I've been playing ANet games, so that seems more likely than (a) they remembered and (b) they changed the code to account for leap year. (Come to think of it: changing the code for that seems unlikely all on its own.)

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/seventh-anniversary-gifts-are-coming-soon/

Account rewards

(Once per account)

• Victory Rock—Use this novelty chair to strike a heroic pose.
  • Anniversary Armor Pack—Choose a set of exclusive armor skins.
  • Two Anniversary Weapon Packs—Choose exclusive weapon skins.
  • Anniversary Backpack Pack—Choose an exclusive backpack skin.
  • Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock—Unlocks a random wardrobe option.
Character rewards

(Per character)

• Birthday Card—Awards 5,000 karma when consumed.
  • Victorious Dye Kit—Choose an account-bound exclusive dye.
  • Two Black Lion Statuettes—Redeemable for a variety of gem store items.
  • Five Teleport to Friend Tokens—Use to teleport to a party member’s location.

Notable for its absence:

• Experience Scroll (level 70) (previous birthdays have always included a leveling scroll)
  • 2x Birthday Booster (previous BD's included 1-2 of these)
  • No mention of a title (presumably there would be one) ("Victorious" is the title; thanks to @"Jenstone.6891" for pointing that out.)

Notable for its repetition: Anniversary armor, weapons, backpack, statuettes x2, teleports-to-friend x5, and the new dye kit (contents unknown).

Final comment: the blog says to "[c]heck out the full list on our official wiki to see what your characters will receive on their next birthday!" Except... the wiki hasn't been updated by ANet with any details different from what we see in the blog. (Normally, players update the wiki; ANet only does so if there's an "official" policy involved.)