Zephyrites and Skyscales?

Danikat.8537

Does anyone know if there's any dialogue from the Zephyrites concerning the skyscales?

I know last year's Festival included ambient dialogue where one of the Zephyrites explained that they didn't mention the mounts in Elona because they thought they were common knowledge and Tyrians had just chosen not to use them for some reason, which seemed to imply that the Zephyrites themselves are not that interested in mounts. (Otherwise they'd talk about them regardless.)

But while exploring the smaller Zephyrite ships up above the Cliffs I was thinking the skyscale is an ideal mount for that kind of area, and it occured to me that would make it an ideal mount for the Zephyrites to use. Add in the fact that the Zephyrites are followers of Glint and Aurene called the skyscales 'cousins' and I imagine they might be very interested in getting some of their own.

So far I haven't seen any mention of it, but I haven't spent much time around the Cliffs yet this year.

As far as I've been able to tell, there's nothing new to Four Winds in terms of dialogue. They didn't even fix the inexplicable resurrection of Morning who died in Season 2.

Even in terms of activities and rewards, seems the only changes were adding adventure versions of races, and expanding the Divine Sovereign and Zephyrite weapon sets.

I'm guessing the festival team spent most of their time and effort on Dragon Bash, and didn't have time to do much for Four Winds this year.

@Ultramex.1506 said:If memory serve right wasn't Skyscale only appear when Kralk bring chunk of mist land Into the physical world?

That's right, they were a new species created from the Mists. But then the Commander and Gorrik collected up their eggs, the Commander worked out how to hatch them (using 1 egg as a 'prototype') and Gorrik replicated the process with the others, meaning there are now several skyscales in Tyria and will be more once those breed. At least one of those (the Commander's) has been trained as a mount and is certainly getting a lot of use in Labyrinthine Cliffs. (I realise player activity is not always canon, but I find it hard to believe you'd visit a map like that and not use your handy dragon mount.)

So I don't think the Zephyrites would know about the skyscales before this festival, but I would have thought they'd notice and comment on, not just the Tyrians adopting the Elonian idea of mounts to the point where we're now finding and training our own but on that mount being a dragon which is very useful for moving between Zephyrite airships.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Ultramex.1506 said:If memory serve right wasn't Skyscale only appear when Kralk bring chunk of mist land Into the physical world?

That's right, they were a new species created from the Mists. But then the Commander and Gorrik collected up their eggs, the Commander worked out how to hatch them (using 1 egg as a 'prototype') and Gorrik replicated the process with the others, meaning there are now several skyscales in Tyria and will be more once those breed. At least one of those (the Commander's) has been trained as a mount and is certainly getting a lot of use in Labyrinthine Cliffs. (I realise player activity is not always canon, but I find it hard to believe you'd visit a map like that and not use your handy dragon mount.)

So I don't think the Zephyrites would know about the skyscales before this festival, but I would have thought they'd notice and comment on, not just the Tyrians adopting the Elonian idea of mounts to the point where we're now finding and training our own but on that mount being a dragon which is very useful for moving between Zephyrite airships.

I'd say the skyscales probably repopulated Dragonfall, and have spread somewhat. I like to view the mount skins as different types of said creature (ranging from simply various patterns of scales and fur for the mounts, to full on distinct sub-species).

The cliffs would make a good nesting ground for the skyscale as well, given what we've seen is that they eat magic and fish, and love cliff-side nesting grounds.

Also, I asked a question about whether anything was seeded for the next Season, but the answer was a bit wishy washy

@Julia Nardin.9824 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Has there been any seeds towards the new content in either the open world, cities or festivals (incl the current one)? I'm not asking for what they are, but seeding clues used to be a fun thing players used to look for before an episode, but that seems to have dried up. Is there anything added that we can go and hunt for that might give us some early in game clues? Ambient dialogue, map changes and so forth

We plan pretty far out and, because we can only fit so much into any given release, we have to make very deliberate choices about what we include. In an earlier GuildChat I think we said something to the effect of: "Everything is intentional." That still holds true. We don't want to send anybody spinning down a rabbit hole, but...

So I think as Konig says, they just expanded the rewards, cleaned up some balancing bits and left it alone. Which is a shame, because for such a great festival, it's prob got the least to aim for this year and is lacking in ambience related to being a "living world"