Am I roaming wrong?

zencow.3651

@zencow.3651 said:

@zencow.3651 said:Aren’t I meant to terrorize the southern area of the borderlands by capping sentries for eyes and keeping track of timers on camps so I can jump on people from behind walls and corners (so they don’t mount up) like a stealthless thief and either:
  1. beat everyone out of the map until they either quit so I can start solo cata capping towers
  2. make some guild mad enough to hunt me down so I get the outnumbered buff?

Awe yeah, a fellow creature of the borderlands !

Do you tag keeps and then run down anyone who goes to check the swords too? ;-)

By trebbing bay yes!

You really wanna be funny, treb garrison inner water gate from nw ruins rofl. Been a long time since I did that.

If you drove off players and made them mad enough to bring a whole guild after you, good on you.

Roaming is so garbage these days, barely anyone wants to 1v1, everyone in 2-5 groups, when you do get into an even fight more people will jump in, because no one has respect for the fight anymore. When they lose they qq and bring more players and then sit there taunting you with 10 friends on their back, when they eventually get you they jump on your corpse like they did it alone. Really funny to see 10 people chasing down 1 roamer, or duo thieves roaming lol.

Wvw so bad so sad.

Sometimes when I'm floating around after work I just want to space out and shadow a few players and check out their routes for a bit. If they wave or whatever thinking I'm being nice I'll take that.

I treat every player with the same caution, those newer players might appreciate that you're not going easy on them and not corpse hopping. Get yours and get back to it, they can work on their builds if they want to keep their corner clean.

@Optimator.3589 said:There is no right or wrong way to roam. Whether it be ambushing nubs, distracting zergs, solo capping stuff, or hanging out next to enemy players with tonics and kites out whilst watching duels, it's all just part of the game. Salty whispers are delicious, though.Of course there is a wrong way to roam. For example, I would argue that being a minstrel firebrand and leading an 80 man border zerg is the wrong way to roam, just like I would argue that being a thief and solo capping a camp is the wrong way to zerg.

@XenesisII.1540 said:If you drove off players and made them mad enough to bring a whole guild after you, good on you.

Roaming is so garbage these days, barely anyone wants to 1v1, everyone in 2-5 groups, when you do get into an even fight more people will jump in, because no one has respect for the fight anymore. When they lose they qq and bring more players and then sit there taunting you with 10 friends on their back, when they eventually get you they jump on your corpse like they did it alone. Really funny to see 10 people chasing down 1 roamer, or duo thieves roaming lol.

Wvw so bad so sad.

I was roaming last night solo and ran into into a soulbeast (havent played in months due to PC issues). They beat me the first time, however I beat them the next 2-3 times after that (1v1). They came back with a tempest friend and I beat em both. As I was DPSing the soulbeast who was downed, a 3rd showed up (thief of some sort, I was at roughly 20% HP at this point). Finished DPS'ing the SB and got the teef at about ~10% - 15% before they bailed. Later 4-5 more came, decided to try them (and failed lol).

If they have to summon more people to beat you, you are roaming right lol. (point defense ftw)

@zencow.3651 said:I don’t roam much since I only do it when the match up is too dead for group content so I don’t get some of the hate I get sometimes from people calling me out for ‘bullying’ new players.

Aren’t I meant to terrorize the southern area of the borderlands by capping sentries for eyes and keeping track of timers on camps so I can jump on people from behind walls and corners (so they don’t mount up) like a stealthless thief and either:

1. beat everyone out of the map until they either quit so I can start solo cata capping towers
  2. make some guild mad enough to hunt me down so I get the outnumbered buff?

Am I doing roaming wrong?

Is it my fault if the game’s design rewards this kind of predatory play including server stacking?

there's no rules. kill them all. and this is coming from someone that's usually the one that ends up deded.people just like to harass and whine their way to the top but it rarely works out for those peoples. take a look anywhere, not just games.i assume there's an ignore feature if you get annoyed. i just ignore that kind of stuff, let em keep sending tells but don't reply, usually sets them off even more but it ends quicker than a reply.