Can't upgrade/buy expansion from the website [merged]

@"Mickie Hendrixx.1893" said:Hi,

I'm having the same issue.. Trying to purchase the HoT/PoF game bundle via gem store and getting "blah blah blah Error. Try again later". Please advise!

//RantNot talking about ArenaNet specifically here but I think developers in general should be punished for making "Please try again later" error messages. In nine out of ten cases, trying again later will result in the same error message and is just wasting the time of the user. Just explain to the user what exactly went wrong and how to get help with that.//End rant

• 2 months later...

I guess the problem still isn't solved?!? Today I tried to buy HoT/PoF bundle but no luck.... there still seems to be an error and I have to try again later. When I look at previous posts, this problem is already occuring since at least august. When will it be solved? Any advice on how to get the expansions otherwise?

• 4 months later...

Faced a similar problem. I bought a pack of two extensions, went into the game and created a character of a new class. And the next day, the account rolled back and again offers to buy add-ons. A new class is not available in the game. And I did not receive a single message about this, either from a bank with a refund, or from the publisher with a reason why this happened. Buying again fails either through the site or through the game. I already wrote a ticket, but really have to wait 2 days for an answer? Very sad.

@"Stéphanie Bourguet.5287"

Well. If someone faces a similar problem, here is one of the reasons. I was banned for suspicious activity. The last time I went into the game about 6 years ago, and now "suddenly" wanted to play again and bought an add-on. The system found this behavior to be very strange and automatically blocked access. The saddest thing is that I specially organized my free time to calmly immerse myself in the study of innovations, but now it seems I will study how much my patience is enough. Support in tickets did not report anything other than an auto response. Very disappointing that there is no quick way to solve problems.

• 2 years later...