Shadow Portal bug — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Shadow Portal bug

Sometimes when using the second part of [Prepare Shadow Portal] the portal doesn't spawn and it goes on full cool-down without giving an out of range message,im not quite sure what causes the bug to happen o.o

Comments

• quick update,after some testing it seems to be caused by the shadow portal's exit point not properly spawning before the skill flips over

• Exzen.2976Exzen.2976 Member ✭✭

Yeah, I’ve noticed the same thing and is definitely not to do with being out of range.

• ++visibility

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭

@FuGoo.6495 said:
    ++visibility

Visibility here doesn't matter. Reporting the bug either on the bug forum, or better yet, using the in-game reporting tool are the best ways to get a quick resolution.

• Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2019

This is an existing issue from sword 2, if you cast the recall and the skill flips over mid cast it will fail to port you back. Odds are it's due to how the skills are coded as flip skills, not sure if there's an easy fix beyond not using it right at the last second.

Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

• @Dahkeus.8243 said:

@FuGoo.6495 said:
    ++visibility

Visibility here doesn't matter. Reporting the bug either on the bug forum, or better yet, using the in-game reporting tool are the best ways to get a quick resolution.

oh woops my bad, first time posting a bug hehe. Il try the bug forum instead! c:

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭

@Obsidian.4910 said:

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

@FuGoo.6495 said:
    ++visibility

oh woops my bad, first time posting a bug hehe. Il try the bug forum instead! c:

Awesome, thanks. The more bug reports, the more likely we are to see a fix. =D

• Lumpy.8760Lumpy.8760 Member ✭✭

All preparations do seem to have a very tiny chance to fail to arm but also, mounting up will completely prevent a preparation from arming (unless you dismount in time)

• eksn.7264eksn.7264 Member ✭✭✭

I've had PvP games where my portals kept failing all game, I haven't done enough testing to figure out why. I've noticed it fails on certain map more often than others but I don't have enough data.

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

@eksn.7264 said:
    I've had PvP games where my portals kept failing all game, I haven't done enough testing to figure out why. I've noticed it fails on certain map more often than others but I don't have enough data.

Ye I have to confirm that, for me maybe not failing all game, but it certainly did fail quite a few times while being within range when both Exit and Entre were placed on perfectly accessible spots

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

You can carry a revenant or a soulbeast through the portal with you, just like mes portal. Too bad, we cant just dump them off there and portal back lol.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Crab Fear.1624 said:
    You can carry a revenant or a soulbeast through the portal with you, just like mes portal. Too bad, we cant just dump them off there and portal back lol.

Still a funny way to just remove them from a fight tho. Porting a rev into the centre of your zerg is priceless ^^

Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

• If you let the portal expire without activating it, it'll fail the next time you try to cast it.

• AikijinX.6258AikijinX.6258 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2019

I'm not sure if this has been talked about, and apologies if it has.

When preparing shadow portal and then entering water, and re-emerging and hit land, the portal goes on full CD. say... (Laying down shadow portal in Dragon Bay Keep, just as enemy server takes it, then swim over to the other side, thinking you'll be able to portal back into inner bay, and to your surprise, full CD)

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

@AikijinX.6258 said:

When preparing shadow portal and then entering water, and re-emerging and hit land, the portal goes on full CD. say... (Laying down shadow portal in Dragon Bay Keep, just as enemy server takes it, then swim over to the other side, thinking you'll be able to portal back into inner bay, and to your surprise, full CD)

Did you have Shadow Portal as an underwater skill as well?

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

• Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2019

@Turk.5460 said:

@AikijinX.6258 said:

He didn't, because it's literally impossible to slot it for the "underwater bar".
    Also recently discussed here

• AikijinX.6258AikijinX.6258 Member ✭✭✭

@Turk.5460 said:

@AikijinX.6258 said:

Impossible bud

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2019

@AikijinX.6258 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@AikijinX.6258 said:

Impossible bud

Correct, it was a jab pal

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trap - Mechanics are the same, if you remove the skill from the bar, which underwater does, the trap disappears.

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.