Kite G on Dhuum - need tips!

I usually play druid, I like doing mechs and not being responsible for dmg ('cause I'm bad at it).All is well, except when kiting G on Dhuum - I fail at it every time.I have created Coalescence last week and still haven't done a single successful kite G on Dhuum (at over 60 KP now).Instead I play pack druid or staff thief for him.

Now here is the problem:I fully understand the concept. I kite the golems and take G2 (except the first G2). When taking the green, I go straight to the left, absorb the big orb and then consume 4 more small orbs.But for some reason, sometimes there are not enough small orbs around me, and I need to float a huge distance to get the full set of 5. That's when I die.It's totally random, sometimes I can do 3 greens easy, and then the fourth one just trolls me.

So is there a trick to it (yes, I always go in with swiftness)? Or am I just unlucky?

@"Clyan.1593" said:I fully understand the concept. I kite the golems and take G2 (except the first G2). When taking the green, I go straight to the left, absorb the big orb and then consume 4 more small orbs.But for some reason, sometimes there are not enough small orbs around me, and I need to float a huge distance to get the full set of 5. That's when I die.

It's practice. I like to think of green phases as 3 categories:

• 60% are easy with enough orbs near one to immediately get down again
  • 30% are challenging with still enough orbs close by but not that many
  • 10% difficult with not enough small orbs nearby

It comes down to how fast you can grab orbs (and latency). One thing which helps with the 10% situations is: don't go for the big orb immediately. Pick up small orbs on the way if they present themselves (make sure not to go down before picking up the big orb). Otherwise dashing close past the middle becomes a necessity and makes things frustrating.

There is a 15 minute of Dhuum greens video where the person showcases a lot of green phases:

Here's a few tips I used to give to players training green:

1. While getting pulled upwards, already get a look at where the orbs are currently at. So you can already "map" a way towards big orb that contains - if possible - already up to 4 orbs.
  2. Dont be scared of the light, only the bright inner part kills you. The less bright aura around it you can fly through.
  3. You dont see all orbs, so dont panic, some orbs get culled for some weird reason. So if you dont see any orbs in front of you, then - and only then - fly outwards or turn around and you will see orbs popping up.
  4. Only chase the big orb, if you dont pick up a small one just go to the next.
  5. Spiders and orbs are kind of linked, there seems to be an overall maximum number. So what I do on druid kiter is I bring Iboga pet and kill spiders regularly. I even buff my pet ;)
  6. And lastly: stay calm. Either it works, or it doesnt. Panicking doesnt change that :)

And just for G2 green kiter: If you arent solo healer, then you can stand on the northside of the star reaper during first soulsucc to have an easier time traversing to arrow mark (where your green will pop up next) while still pulling the golem with staff autoattack. As solohealer you usually have to be on stack for condition remove and might buffing, in that case make sure to heal up star reaper BEFORE soulsucc. So you have enough time to get to other side before pulling the golem.

Don't chase the orb.. let the orb come to you.. so when you are rising .. start moving to centerish.. then look out to facing wall.I have over 100dhumm but i also only do pack druid.. i run to do orb when someone fail tho . I havent done kiting so its something i like to try out too .. jist dont have static group to try

https://imgur.com/akrTt1N

Basically refer to the image in the link above, you want to keep your path in between red and orange zone near the centre while you face your character outward looking towards incoming orbs.. the orb's path is going towards the centre.. so you want them to come to your direction.. instead of you chasing them.I have a video too